Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 15:10:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: My long-overdue thoughts on IDW Publishing's "Transformers:
Deviations" one-shot
From: rodimus2...@hotmail.com (Rodimus_2316)
 by: Rodimus_2316 - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:10 UTC

SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/

I know this came out some years ago, but I felt I should finally express my true feelings on it.

Things I liked about the TFTM Deviations book, from most to least:

1) Optimus didn't die, with how he dodged Megatron's gun-blast, then blew up Megatron's head ("matrix forgive me").

2) Kranix was saved and joined Prime in stopping Unicron.

3) The Autobots still won Cybertron in the end.

4) Megascream was kinda cool, a body which Unicron gave him during is coronation on Cybertron, and also make him a gestalt with Astrotrain and others.

What I hated (also from most to least):

1) Magnus and HR constantly bickering and hating each other, and what they said!? Where did that come from?

2) The Matrix being destroyed, and HR being killed in the process (although he did destroy the Megascream gestalt and Unicron in the process).

3) Jazz and Cliffjumer are never seen again, so they must have been destroyed by Unicron, perhaps dunked in that acid tank.

4) HR getting the ship controls wrong, then causing Magnus, Arcee, Springer, Blurr and Perceptor to die when crashing on Junkion, with HR and Daniel escaping in the escape pod right before.

5) HR doing the above ship controls wrong.

I'm sorry, but I just can NOT accept all this as what would have happened naturally, if HR hadn't interfered in Prime's fight. They should have gotten a better writer on this. One of the actual G1 show writers, like Flint Dille, or better yet, Ron Friedman.