Newsgroups: rec.arts.mystery
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 23:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: R.I.P. Louise Munro Foley, 87, in Feb. (Canadian-born writer: Choose
Your Own Adventure series)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Mon, 12 Apr 2021 06:36 UTC

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sacbee/obituary.aspx?n=mary-louise-foley-lou&pid=198051580

Mary Louise (Lou) Foley
October 22, 1933 - February 19, 2021
Sacramento, California - Mary Louise (Lou) Munro was born on October 22, 1933 in Glencoe, Ontario Canada. She and her two sisters (Muriel and Maureen) were raised there prior to setting out on their own life odysseys. Lou went to work in the broadcasting industry, and met her future husband, Donald J. Foley, in Twin Falls, Idaho. They moved to Sacramento, CA, and created a family with their two children, Don {Anita) and Bill (Heather). The family lived in the River Park area of East Sacramento. Lou continued to reside in River Park for over 50 years. She became a sports fan (particularly baseball) because she really had no choice given the three male members of the household. She loved the Oakland As. tolerated football, and taught Bill to fish (Don wasn't patient enough). And she fed whatever "fans" her boys brought in to watch the games.
Professionally, Lou was a prolific writer, and published many children's books. These skills led to her being invited to lead workshops in places such as Mississippi, Alaska, Australia and New Zealand. She also was an accomplished editor. Her house was overflowing with books, and her sons picked up the joy of reading at an early age.
She also had a deeply embedded faith, and practiced what she preached. No one was quicker to call out religion when it did not follow the golden rule. She was an outspoken advocate for what she believed in, but willing to consider all opinions. She was strong-willed and caring, just like the dogs she seemed naturally attracted to. More than once she opined that if people were more like dogs, the world would be a better place. She always had a cup of coffee available for whoever dropped by, and made the best lemon cake ever. She was tough as nails throughout her health challenges the past few years, but always was more concerned about how everyone else was doing.
Mom was simply a force of nature. She would want us to thank so many people for her, and we know she will be reading this from above noting our failure to "get it right". Any exclusions are our oversight, and not an indication of how much she appreciated each and every friend in her life. Special note goes to Reverend Dexter McNamara, who she felt was the example that all religious leaders could learn from, Dr. Sunita Jain, who helped her through the many health challenges she faced, neighbors Dee Lewis, Bobbie Hermann, and Joe DiGiorgio, her writers group "the Eggheads", and many many others. We are glad that you are free of pain and clear of purpose. Thank you for being an example of a life well lived and fully experienced.
Due to the reality of COVID, memorial services are not scheduled. For those so inclined, Mom would suggest making a donation to your favorite charity. Always treat others the way you would want to be treated.

To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
Published in The Sacramento Bee on Mar. 19, 2021.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/louise-munro-foley/
(some book covers)

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/111222.Louise_Munro_Foley
(reader reviews)

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.books.childrens/c/D08u0ELMR5s/m/wFkLkTCyI1AJ
(birthday post from 2013, with booklist and more)

Lenona.

Re: R.I.P. Louise Munro Foley, 87, in Feb. (Canadian-born writer: Choose Your Own Adventure series)

<43f6e98d-5c73-40cc-88a8-34524599382bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71&group=rec.arts.mystery#71

Newsgroups: rec.arts.mystery
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 11:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: R.I.P. Louise Munro Foley, 87, in Feb. (Canadian-born writer:
Choose Your Own Adventure series)
From: kl7ik...@gmail.com (Douglas Dickinson)
 by: Douglas Dickinson - Wed, 14 Apr 2021 18:16 UTC

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 10:36:57 PM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:
> [...]
> Due to the reality of COVID, memorial services are not scheduled. For those so inclined, Mom would suggest making a donation to your favorite charity. Always treat others the way you would want to be treated.
>

> To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
> Published in The Sacramento Bee on Mar. 19, 2021.
>

> http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/louise-munro-foley/
> (some book covers)
>
> https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/111222.Louise_Munro_Foley
> (reader reviews)
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.books.childrens/c/D08u0ELMR5s/m/wFkLkTCyI1AJ
> (birthday post from 2013, with booklist and more)

My son loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books. He read them over and over.