From: jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: 2022 Aurora Award Finalists
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:20:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:20 UTC

Maybe I will start with the link...

https://prixaurorawards.ca/2022-aurora-award-ballot/

Best Novel
A Broken Darkness, Premee Mohamed, Solaris
Jade Legacy, Fonda Lee, Orbit
The Quantum War, Derek Kunsken, Solaris
RED X, David Demchuk, Strange Light / Penguin Random House
Soulstar, C.L. Polk, Tordotcom

Best Young Adult Novel
The Gold Flame of Senica, Elizabeth Whitton, Kettlescon Press
Iron Widow, Xiran Jay Zhao, Penguin Teen
The Serpent's Fury, Kelley Armstrong, Puffin Canada
Star Song, Edward Willett, Shadowpaw Press
Walking in Two Worlds, Wab Kinew, Penguin Teen

Best Novelette/Novella
The Annual Migration of Clouds, Premee Mohamed, ECW Press
Decay in Five Stages, Julie E. Czerneda, Derelict, Zombies Need Brains
Lay Down Your Heart, Liz Westbrook-Trenholm and Hayden Trenholm,
Seasons Between Us: Tales of Identities and Memories
The Return of the Sorceress, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Subterranean Press
These Lifeless Things, Premee Mohamed, Solaris

Best Short Story
Clear Waters, C.J. Cheung (Calvin Jim), Seasons Between Us: Tales of Identities
and Memories
Eighteen Days of Barbareek, Rati Mehrotra, Uncanny Magazine, Issue Thirty-Nine
Elesa's Eyes, Elizabeth Whitton, On Spec Magazine #117, September
The Mathematics of Fairyland, Phoebe Barton, Lightspeed Magazine, Issue 129
The Only Road, Susan Forest, Shapers of Worlds Volume II
Second Thoughts, Eric Choi, Seasons Between Us: Tales of Identities and Memories

Best Graphic Novel/Comic
Crash and Burn, Kate Larking and Finn Lucullan, Astres Press
Critical Role: The Mighty Nein. Origins Jester Lavorre, Sam Maggs with art
by Hunter Severn Bonyun, Dark Horse Comics
Goblins, Ellipsis Hana Stephens, Webcomic
It Never Rains, Kari Maaren, Webcomic
Shadow Life, Hiromi Goto with art by Ann Xu, First Second Books
Thor and Loki: Double Trouble, Mariko Tamaki and Gurihiru, Marvel Comics

Best Poem/Song
Cat People Cafe, Carolyn Clink, Polar Starlight #3
Crossroads Tiffany Morris, Nightmare Magazine, Issue 110
My Pillow Eats Screams, Matt Moore, Polar Starlight #4
The Reality of Ghosts, Yilin Wang, Fantasy Magazine #70
Widow, Richard Van Camp, Food of My People, Exile Editions
Them + Us, James Grotkowski, Polar Borealis Magazine #19

Best Related Work
Alias Space and Other Stories, Kelly Robson, Subterranean Press
Food of My People, edited by Candas Jane Dorsey and Ursula Pflug, Exile Editions
Neo-opsis Science Fiction Magazine, Issue 32, edited by Karl Johanson
On Spec Magazine, #116, #117, and #118, managing editor Diane L. Walton,
Copper Pig Writers Society
Seasons Between Us: Tales of Identities and Memories, edited by Susan Forest and
Lucas K. Law, Laksa Media Groups

Best Visual Presentation
Angakusajaujuq: The Shaman's Apprentice, Zacharias Kunuk,
Kingulliit Productions / Taqqut Productions
Dune (2021), directed by Denis Villeneuve, Legendary Entertainment
Free Guy, directed by Shawn Levy, Century Studios
Ghostbusters: Afterlife, directed by Jason Reitman, Columbia Pictures
Wynonna Earp, Season 4, episodes 7-12, Emily Andras, showrunner, Seven24 Films

Best Artist
Samantha Beiko, cover for Seasons Between Us: Tales of Identities and Memories
James Beveridge, cover for On Spec Magazine, Issue #116, and
CD cover for Distant Past's album, The Final Stage
Swati Chavda, covers for Polar Starlight #1, plus Polar Borealis #18 and #20
Dan O'Driscoll, Red World, Blue Star, cover for On Spec Magazine, Issue #117,
and cover for Star Song
Veronica Park, cover for The Annual Migration of Clouds

Best Fan Writing and Publication
Canadian SF&F book and magazine reviews in Amazing Stories (online), R. Graeme
Cameron
In Defense of the Humble Cold Plate: How the Peculiar, Distinct, and Different
Enriches Fiction, Krista D. Ball
Polar Borealis Magazine, issues #17 to #20, edited by R. Graeme Cameron
Polar Starlight Magazine, issues #1 to #4, edited by Rhea E. Rose
Young People Read Old SFF, curated by James Davis Nicoll, Online

Best Fan Organizational
Argo Author Chats, A.E. Prevost, Argo Bookshop, monthly online book discussions
(Montreal)
ephemera Reading Series, KT Bryski and Jen R. Albert (Toronto)
Hal-Con, Hal-Con Sci-Fi Fantasy Association (Halifax)
When Words Collide , chair, Randy McCharles (Calgary)
World Fantasy Convention, chair, Diane Lacey, (Montreal)

Best Fan Related Work
Broadcasts from the Wasteland, Brandon Crilly and Evan May, Podcast
The Feather and the Book: An Improvised Musical Story, Kari Maaren, YouTube
How I Taught My Dragon: Kindergarten education through genre media,
Jen Desmarais and Keladry Desmarais, JenEric Designs
Sci and Sci-Fi: Connecting the public to science and technology through storytelling,
Ron S. Friedman, YouTube
The Worldshapers, Edward Willett, Podcast

Re: 2022 Aurora Award Finalists

<63df53ee-d339-4d8b-9fc2-c40194bb967an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71690&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71690

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2022 Aurora Award Finalists
From: tonynanc...@gmail.com (Tony Nance)
 by: Tony Nance - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:21 UTC

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 3:20:37 PM UTC-4, James Nicoll wrote:
> Maybe I will start with the link...
>
> https://prixaurorawards.ca/2022-aurora-award-ballot/

> Best Fan Writing and Publication
> Canadian SF&F book and magazine reviews in Amazing Stories (online), R. Graeme
> Cameron
> In Defense of the Humble Cold Plate: How the Peculiar, Distinct, and Different
> Enriches Fiction, Krista D. Ball
> Polar Borealis Magazine, issues #17 to #20, edited by R. Graeme Cameron
> Polar Starlight Magazine, issues #1 to #4, edited by Rhea E. Rose
> Young People Read Old SFF, curated by James Davis Nicoll, Online

Hey! Congrats on the nomination!
- Tony

Re: 2022 Aurora Award Finalists

<t2ujnf$3q8$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71700&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71700

From: jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:48:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:48 UTC

In article <63df53ee-d339-4d8b-9fc2-c40194bb967an@googlegroups.com>,
Tony Nance <tonynance17@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 3:20:37 PM UTC-4, James Nicoll wrote:
>> Maybe I will start with the link...
>>
>> https://prixaurorawards.ca/2022-aurora-award-ballot/

>> Best Fan Writing and Publication
>> Canadian SF&F book and magazine reviews in Amazing Stories (online), R. Graeme
>> Cameron
>> In Defense of the Humble Cold Plate: How the Peculiar, Distinct, and Different
>> Enriches Fiction, Krista D. Ball
>> Polar Borealis Magazine, issues #17 to #20, edited by R. Graeme Cameron
>> Polar Starlight Magazine, issues #1 to #4, edited by Rhea E. Rose
>> Young People Read Old SFF, curated by James Davis Nicoll, Online

>Hey! Congrats on the nomination!
>- Tony

Thank you!