Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 16:08:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Thinking And Feeling
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 00:08 UTC

You are a feeler; so they say, "Must think."
But is there thought in vanquishing the feeling?
Feelings and thoughts should not be indistinct,
But to each other truth should be revealing.

You feel - and by that you know that you are.
You feel - and from it you can craft great beauty.
You're my delight, my muse - you are my star -
And by what logic has this been computed?

Your feeling makes you rich with warmth and joy,
Your feeling makes you full of life and passion,
And while it makes you target to destroy
It also gives you wisdom and compassion.

Who would desire a withered sack of thought?
But you - are rich with passion of the soul.
You're full of life; no, you are what life ought
To be - when fully rendered and made whole.

You're real! Complete! Inspired! A person true:
Your rhythms are known to higher reason:
A logic that lights midday sky in blue
And that gives color to each earthly season

And that within your being alights and lives
By logic higher than that of mere cognition:
That's more in tune with universal rhythms
And thus contains much deeper erudition.

So think; but do not ever lose your warmth
Or empathy or ecstasy of living,
Never in your life lose your passion's force
Or scoff at your capacity for feeling:

It's part of being utterly alive,
It's what makes you so lovable and splendid:
It's that from which your wisdom you derive -
It's life within you: Life as it's intended!

You have a valid pathway to what's real,
And with my mind I such things am revealing:
Do not use mind to stomp on what you feel,
But use it - to make most - of your feeling.

Ilya Shambat
https://sites.google.com/view/ilyashambatpoetry