From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:04:31 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:04 UTC

"Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Season-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/145163921X/

Book number two of a three book young adult space opera series. This
series is part of the huge Honorverse series of books, probably
approaching thirty books now. I reread the well printed and well bound
trade paperback published by Baen in 2013 that I bought in 2013 from
Amazon. I will be rereading book number three next.

Fourteen year old Stephanie Harrington has been living on Sphinx in the
Manticore binary star system for three Terran years. There are barely
two million people living on Sphinx, in part due to the harsh five
Terran year cycle around Manticore-A, and the deadly plagues that
Stephanie's mother was brought in to help cure. Stephanie has bonded
with a treecat she named Lionheart after they fought and killed a five
meter hexapuma together.

The animals on Sphinx are quite unusual, all of them are hexapods, six
legged. The number one predator on the planet is a very dangerous five
meter long feline named the hexapuma. Other predators such as the three
meter near bear exist also. And many uncatalogued mammals also.

My review from 2013: "Book number two in a series of three books,
actually a Honorverse prequel book in a series of 20+ books. Very nice
young adult book continuing the early development of the relationship
between treecats and humans."

The author has an excellent website at:
http://www.davidweber.net/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (5467 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber

<369b7ccc-3f0f-4081-b7f1-f0e4cc7518efn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71941&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71941

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 00:18 UTC

On Friday, 15 April 2022 at 21:04:39 UTC+1, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
> https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Season-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/145163921X/
>
> Book number two of a three book young adult space opera series. This
> series is part of the huge Honorverse series of books, probably
> approaching thirty books now. I reread the well printed and well bound
> trade paperback published by Baen in 2013 that I bought in 2013 from
> Amazon. I will be rereading book number three next.
>
> Fourteen year old Stephanie Harrington has been living on Sphinx in the
> Manticore binary star system for three Terran years. There are barely
> two million people living on Sphinx, in part due to the harsh five
> Terran year cycle around Manticore-A, and the deadly plagues that
> Stephanie's mother was brought in to help cure. Stephanie has bonded
> with a treecat she named Lionheart after they fought and killed a five
> meter hexapuma together.
>
> The animals on Sphinx are quite unusual, all of them are hexapods, six
> legged. The number one predator on the planet is a very dangerous five
> meter long feline named the hexapuma. Other predators such as the three
> meter near bear exist also. And many uncatalogued mammals also.
>
> My review from 2013: "Book number two in a series of three books,
> actually a Honorverse prequel book in a series of 20+ books. Very nice
> young adult book continuing the early development of the relationship
> between treecats and humans."
>
> The author has an excellent website at:
> http://www.davidweber.net/
>
> My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (5467 reviews)

Aside from context, the review appears to consist
of the words "very nice". Of course, that's a lot better
than "not very nice".

Re: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber

<robertaw-3D448B.21392315042022@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71950&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71950

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:39:23 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 04:39 UTC

In article <t3cj4i$jmp$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
> https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Season-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/145163921X/
>
> Book number two of a three book young adult space opera series. This
> series is part of the huge Honorverse series of books, probably
> approaching thirty books now. I reread the well printed and well bound
> trade paperback published by Baen in 2013 that I bought in 2013 from
> Amazon. I will be rereading book number three next.
>
> Fourteen year old Stephanie Harrington has been living on Sphinx in the
> Manticore binary star system for three Terran years. There are barely
> two million people living on Sphinx, in part due to the harsh five
> Terran year cycle around Manticore-A, and the deadly plagues that
> Stephanie's mother was brought in to help cure. Stephanie has bonded
> with a treecat she named Lionheart after they fought and killed a five
> meter hexapuma together.
>
> The animals on Sphinx are quite unusual, all of them are hexapods, six
> legged. The number one predator on the planet is a very dangerous five
> meter long feline named the hexapuma. Other predators such as the three
> meter near bear exist also. And many uncatalogued mammals also.
>
> My review from 2013: "Book number two in a series of three books,
> actually a Honorverse prequel book in a series of 20+ books. Very nice
> young adult book continuing the early development of the relationship
> between treecats and humans."

The fourth book, _A New Clan_, will be published in June this year.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber

<t3f6f0$fdn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71986&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71986

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:46:40 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:46 UTC

On 4/15/2022 11:39 PM, Robert Woodward wrote:
> In article <t3cj4i$jmp$1@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
>> https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Season-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/145163921X/
>>
>> Book number two of a three book young adult space opera series. This
>> series is part of the huge Honorverse series of books, probably
>> approaching thirty books now. I reread the well printed and well bound
>> trade paperback published by Baen in 2013 that I bought in 2013 from
>> Amazon. I will be rereading book number three next.
>>
>> Fourteen year old Stephanie Harrington has been living on Sphinx in the
>> Manticore binary star system for three Terran years. There are barely
>> two million people living on Sphinx, in part due to the harsh five
>> Terran year cycle around Manticore-A, and the deadly plagues that
>> Stephanie's mother was brought in to help cure. Stephanie has bonded
>> with a treecat she named Lionheart after they fought and killed a five
>> meter hexapuma together.
>>
>> The animals on Sphinx are quite unusual, all of them are hexapods, six
>> legged. The number one predator on the planet is a very dangerous five
>> meter long feline named the hexapuma. Other predators such as the three
>> meter near bear exist also. And many uncatalogued mammals also.
>>
>> My review from 2013: "Book number two in a series of three books,
>> actually a Honorverse prequel book in a series of 20+ books. Very nice
>> young adult book continuing the early development of the relationship
>> between treecats and humans."
>
> The fourth book, _A New Clan_, will be published in June this year.

Cool ! I had no idea.

Lynn

Re: "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber

<t3f82r$qh9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=71988&group=rec.arts.sf.written#71988

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:14:21 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:14 UTC

On 4/16/2022 12:46 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 4/15/2022 11:39 PM, Robert Woodward wrote:
>> In article <t3cj4i$jmp$1@dont-email.me>,
>>   Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Fire Season (2) (Star Kingdom)" by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Season-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/145163921X/
>>>
>>> Book number two of a three book young adult space opera series.  This
>>> series is part of the huge Honorverse series of books, probably
>>> approaching thirty books now.  I reread the well printed and well bound
>>> trade paperback published by Baen in 2013 that I bought in 2013 from
>>> Amazon.  I will be rereading book number three next.
>>>
>>> Fourteen year old Stephanie Harrington has been living on Sphinx in the
>>> Manticore binary star system for three Terran years.  There are barely
>>> two million people living on Sphinx, in part due to the harsh five
>>> Terran year cycle around Manticore-A, and the deadly plagues that
>>> Stephanie's mother was brought in to help cure.  Stephanie has bonded
>>> with a treecat she named Lionheart after they fought and killed a five
>>> meter hexapuma together.
>>>
>>> The animals on Sphinx are quite unusual, all of them are hexapods, six
>>> legged.  The number one predator on the planet is a very dangerous five
>>> meter long feline named the hexapuma.  Other predators such as the three
>>> meter near bear exist also.  And many uncatalogued mammals also.
>>>
>>> My review from 2013: "Book number two in a series of three books,
>>> actually a Honorverse prequel book in a series of 20+ books.  Very nice
>>> young adult book continuing the early development of the relationship
>>> between treecats and humans."
>>
>> The fourth book, _A New Clan_, will be published in June this year.
>
> Cool !  I had no idea.

Weber probably didn't either until a sufficient number of zeroes
appeared on a proposed contract. ;)

dirty old man.