Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:24:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Legacy Skyquake Compatible with Needlenose, Redeco/Remold Strongly Likely
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 01:24 UTC

So there are people who have acquired Leader-class Skyquake, no doubt through semi-nefarious means. He's a character from Transformers: Prime, but he's been slightly Geewunnified to resemble that *other* character named Skyquake. American fans might know the toy better as Machine Wars Starscream, since that's how it was sold in the USA.

Mark Maher of Hasbro had previously hinted that Legacy Needlenose had some hidden functionality. Turns out he's meant to be able to link up to Skyquake, similar to how the Predator toys from the European market functioned—you could plug the small Predator jets into Skyquake and use the Scope Master function to scan for enemy Autobots.

So, it looks like Skyquake could at least theoretically be modified and sold again as Predator Skyquake, or possibly Machine Wars Starscream, or both. And it seems likely Needlenose will be sold again as one of the small Predator jets. None of them is really a close match, but I'll say maybe Talon?

Zob (wild guesses are the best kind of guesses)

Re: Legacy Skyquake Compatible with Needlenose, Redeco/Remold Strongly Likely

<d4722dba-c16b-4b83-ab1d-4e24afd02bd1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7285&group=alt.toys.transformers#7285

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:48:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Legacy Skyquake Compatible with Needlenose, Redeco/Remold
Strongly Likely
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 03:48 UTC

On Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 5:24:47 PM UTC-8, Zobovor wrote:
> So there are people who have acquired Leader-class Skyquake, no doubt through semi-nefarious means. He's a character from Transformers: Prime, but he's been slightly Geewunnified to resemble that *other* character named Skyquake. American fans might know the toy better as Machine Wars Starscream, since that's how it was sold in the USA.
>
> Mark Maher of Hasbro had previously hinted that Legacy Needlenose had some hidden functionality. Turns out he's meant to be able to link up to Skyquake, similar to how the Predator toys from the European market functioned—you could plug the small Predator jets into Skyquake and use the Scope Master function to scan for enemy Autobots.
>
> So, it looks like Skyquake could at least theoretically be modified and sold again as Predator Skyquake, or possibly Machine Wars Starscream, or both. And it seems likely Needlenose will be sold again as one of the small Predator jets. None of them is really a close match, but I'll say maybe Talon?
>

> Zob (wild guesses are the best kind of guesses)

Truly cool. I love undocumented features like this, and ones with this kind of specific callback are especially neat.

JB

Re: Legacy Skyquake Compatible with Needlenose, Redeco/Remold Strongly Likely

<c5bc9270-a3e9-4273-ae7c-9a3113362c55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7287&group=alt.toys.transformers#7287

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 07:14:02 -0800 (PST)
Strongly Likely
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 15:14 UTC

On Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 7:24:47 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> So there are people who have acquired Leader-class Skyquake, no doubt through semi-nefarious means. He's a character from Transformers: Prime, but he's been slightly Geewunnified to resemble that *other* character named Skyquake. American fans might know the toy better as Machine Wars Starscream, since that's how it was sold in the USA.
>
> Mark Maher of Hasbro had previously hinted that Legacy Needlenose had some hidden functionality. Turns out he's meant to be able to link up to Skyquake, similar to how the Predator toys from the European market functioned—you could plug the small Predator jets into Skyquake and use the Scope Master function to scan for enemy Autobots.
>
> So, it looks like Skyquake could at least theoretically be modified and sold again as Predator Skyquake, or possibly Machine Wars Starscream, or both. And it seems likely Needlenose will be sold again as one of the small Predator jets. None of them is really a close match, but I'll say maybe Talon?
>

> Zob (wild guesses are the best kind of guesses)
Considering the chance of the scope function being maintained is exactly zero, what is the point of connecting them other than innuendo?

"Hey big boy lets put the scope in the target"

My dad washed the electronic Star Trek Christmas ornaments under the faucet and my mom is furious at him. He is a retired electrical engineer, and didn't think the facuet would hurt anything.

Re: Legacy Skyquake Compatible with Needlenose, Redeco/Remold Strongly Likely

<37fd9415-24ce-4b4c-afd0-7c1373eba1fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7290&group=alt.toys.transformers#7290

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 20:57:13 -0800 (PST)
Strongly Likely
From: codigopo...@gmail.com (Codigo Postal)
 by: Codigo Postal - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 04:57 UTC

On Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 8:24:47 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> So there are people who have acquired Leader-class Skyquake, no doubt through semi-nefarious means. He's a character from Transformers: Prime, but he's been slightly Geewunnified to resemble that *other* character named Skyquake. American fans might know the toy better as Machine Wars Starscream, since that's how it was sold in the USA.
>
> Mark Maher of Hasbro had previously hinted that Legacy Needlenose had some hidden functionality. Turns out he's meant to be able to link up to Skyquake, similar to how the Predator toys from the European market functioned—you could plug the small Predator jets into Skyquake and use the Scope Master function to scan for enemy Autobots.
>
> So, it looks like Skyquake could at least theoretically be modified and sold again as Predator Skyquake, or possibly Machine Wars Starscream, or both. And it seems likely Needlenose will be sold again as one of the small Predator jets. None of them is really a close match, but I'll say maybe Talon?
>

> Zob (wild guesses are the best kind of guesses)

Machine Wars Starscream is a beast of a figure, massive and impressive, only let down by the severe lack of poseability and handheld weaponry. A true homage would need to be a Leader or Commander Class, though that's hardly ever likely to happen. Still, a 3P group did release a Machine Wars Prime update, so you never know...