From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Drakas!" by S. M. Stirling
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 14:25:30 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 9 May 2022 19:25 UTC

"Drakas!" by S. M. Stirling
https://www.amazon.com/Drakas-S-M-Stirling/dp/0671319469/

Book number five of a five book alternate history military science
fiction series. I read the well printed and well bound MMPB published
by Baen in 2000 that I bought used on Amazon since there are no more new
copies. This book is collection of twelve short stories about S. M.
Stirling's Drakas by other authors with Stirling as the editor. I doubt
that there will be any more books in the series.

After the American revolutionary war, the British loyalists in the
colonies mostly escaped to Canada. But in an alternate timeline, those
90,000 British loyalists were exiled to the southern tip of Africa at
the direction of George Washington from 1783 to 1786. They took over
the Dutch colony of South Africa as other unwanted groups joined them
and merged into their slave holding culture. They eventually called
themselves the Domination of Draka. By 1998, the Domination of Draka
has totally subjugated the Earth and the Solar System and are in the
process of genetically modifying themselves to be more dominant and
their serfs to be more subservient. Grim, very grim.

The prolific author has a website at:
https://smstirling.com/

The five books of the series are listed at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Domination

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (55 reviews)

Lynn