So little time, so little to do. -- Oscar Levant

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

SubjectAuthor
* "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
`* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisDimensional Traveler
 +* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Christed@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
 |`- Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
 `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
  `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisDimensional Traveler
   `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
    `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisDimensional Traveler
     `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
      +* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisDimensional Traveler
      |`* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisLynn McGuire
      | `- Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and ChrisDimensional Traveler
      `* Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris KennedyThe Horny Goat
       `- Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedyted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

1
"Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t6131h$pnu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73694&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73694

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Subject: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris
Kennedy
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:11:10 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:11 UTC

"Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy
https://www.amazon.com/Into-Light-Out-Dark-2/dp/0765366924/

Book number two of a two book series of an alien invasion science
fiction series. I read the well printed and well bound MMPB published
by Tor in 2021. I suspect that there will be a third book in the series
as the book ends on a cliffhanger, which, I plan to purchase and read.

I've got vampires in my alien invasion science fiction book !

The first book in the series detailed an invasion by the Shongairi in
which they used multiple kinetic weapons on every city on Earth of
100,000+ people and all military bases. Three quarters of the human
population of Earth died in a matter of minutes. Due to the fact that
the Shongairi space ships could only attain six times the speed of
light, their understanding of Earth technology was very outdated and
they did not know that we had progressed from an agrarian society into a
very industrialized society.

As the first Shongairi troop ships were landing on the Earth, they were
destroyed by F-22 stealth fighter jets. As soon as the F-22 jets landed
at their hidden airfields, those were also destroyed using kinetic
weapons. After the Shongairi troops rampaged through the Earth
population remnants, the vampires appeared out of Eastern Europe. The
vampires were virtually indestructible and rode back up on the outside
of their landers to the Shongairi space ships in Earth orbit. They then
boarded the space ships and proceed to kill all the Shongairi in orbit.

Now the horribly damaged human population on Earth has to rebuild, both
the population and the facilities. But they have an advantage, the now
empty Shongairi space ships and several Galactic Hegemony neural
educators. Vlad Dracula has taken one of the interstellar space ships
with a crew of several hundred and is headed 200+ light years to the
Shongairi home planet to pay back some of the damage that they did to
Earth. And one of the few remaining state governors of the USA has
become the USA President and is planning on creating a one world
government to fight the Galactic Hegemony.

David Weber has an excellent website at:
http://www.davidweber.net/

Chris Kennedy has a website at:
https://chriskennedypublishing.com

My rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t61apn$crn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73715&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73715

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:23:48 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 17 May 2022 23:23 UTC

On 5/17/2022 2:11 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy
>    https://www.amazon.com/Into-Light-Out-Dark-2/dp/0765366924/
>
> Book number two of a two book series of an alien invasion science
> fiction series.  I read the well printed and well bound MMPB published
> by Tor in 2021.  I suspect that there will be a third book in the series
> as the book ends on a cliffhanger, which, I plan to purchase and read.
>
> I've got vampires in my alien invasion science fiction book !
>
> The first book in the series detailed an invasion by the Shongairi in
> which they used multiple kinetic weapons on every city on Earth of
> 100,000+ people and all military bases.  Three quarters of the human
> population of Earth died in a matter of minutes.  Due to the fact that
> the Shongairi space ships could only attain six times the speed of
> light, their understanding of Earth technology was very outdated and
> they did not know that we had progressed from an agrarian society into a
> very industrialized society.
>
> As the first Shongairi troop ships were landing on the Earth, they were
> destroyed by F-22 stealth fighter jets.  As soon as the F-22 jets landed
> at their hidden airfields, those were also destroyed using kinetic
> weapons.  After the Shongairi troops rampaged through the Earth
> population remnants, the vampires appeared out of Eastern Europe.  The
> vampires were virtually indestructible and rode back up on the outside
> of their landers to the Shongairi space ships in Earth orbit.  They then
> boarded the space ships and proceed to kill all the Shongairi in orbit.
>
> Now the horribly damaged human population on Earth has to rebuild, both
> the population and the facilities.  But they have an advantage, the now
> empty Shongairi space ships and several Galactic Hegemony neural
> educators.  Vlad Dracula has taken one of the interstellar space ships
> with a crew of several hundred and is headed 200+ light years to the
> Shongairi home planet to pay back some of the damage that they did to
> Earth.  And one of the few remaining state governors of the USA has
> become the USA President and is planning on creating a one world
> government to fight the Galactic Hegemony.
>
> David Weber has an excellent website at:
>    http://www.davidweber.net/
>
> Chris Kennedy has a website at:
>    https://chriskennedypublishing.com
>
> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)

It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
book. <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
singing> Um, no vampires! It was almost like he realized he'd written
humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex machina to save
them. So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!

(Or the bunnies.)

dirty old man.

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<jej3igFkjsjU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73728&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73728

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: 18 May 2022 02:22:08 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Wed, 18 May 2022 02:22 UTC

In article <t61apn$crn$1@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 5/17/2022 2:11 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy
>>    https://www.amazon.com/Into-Light-Out-Dark-2/dp/0765366924/
>>
>> Book number two of a two book series of an alien invasion science
>> fiction series.  I read the well printed and well bound MMPB published
>> by Tor in 2021.  I suspect that there will be a third book in the series
>> as the book ends on a cliffhanger, which, I plan to purchase and read.
>>
>> I've got vampires in my alien invasion science fiction book !
>>
>> The first book in the series detailed an invasion by the Shongairi in
>> which they used multiple kinetic weapons on every city on Earth of
>> 100,000+ people and all military bases.  Three quarters of the human
>> population of Earth died in a matter of minutes.  Due to the fact that
>> the Shongairi space ships could only attain six times the speed of
>> light, their understanding of Earth technology was very outdated and
>> they did not know that we had progressed from an agrarian society into a
>> very industrialized society.
>>
>> As the first Shongairi troop ships were landing on the Earth, they were
>> destroyed by F-22 stealth fighter jets.  As soon as the F-22 jets landed
>> at their hidden airfields, those were also destroyed using kinetic
>> weapons.  After the Shongairi troops rampaged through the Earth
>> population remnants, the vampires appeared out of Eastern Europe.  The
>> vampires were virtually indestructible and rode back up on the outside
>> of their landers to the Shongairi space ships in Earth orbit.  They then
>> boarded the space ships and proceed to kill all the Shongairi in orbit.
>>
>> Now the horribly damaged human population on Earth has to rebuild, both
>> the population and the facilities.  But they have an advantage, the now
>> empty Shongairi space ships and several Galactic Hegemony neural
>> educators.  Vlad Dracula has taken one of the interstellar space ships
>> with a crew of several hundred and is headed 200+ light years to the
>> Shongairi home planet to pay back some of the damage that they did to
>> Earth.  And one of the few remaining state governors of the USA has
>> become the USA President and is planning on creating a one world
>> government to fight the Galactic Hegemony.
>>
>> David Weber has an excellent website at:
>>    http://www.davidweber.net/
>>
>> Chris Kennedy has a website at:
>>    https://chriskennedypublishing.com
>>
>> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)
>>
>It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
>book. <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
>singing> Um, no vampires! It was almost like he realized he'd written
>humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex machina to save
>them. So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!
>
>(Or the bunnies.)

I was not too happy with the partial explanation of the Vamps we got
here. I would have liked to stay with a Magic/Tech universe. Also
I felt the foreshadowing detracted from any suspense. Still I will
pick up the next one, if any, which I can't say for the Safehold books.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t61pi5$tp9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73734&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73734

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:35:30 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 May 2022 03:35 UTC

On 5/17/2022 6:23 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 2:11 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy
>>     https://www.amazon.com/Into-Light-Out-Dark-2/dp/0765366924/
>>
>> Book number two of a two book series of an alien invasion science
>> fiction series.  I read the well printed and well bound MMPB published
>> by Tor in 2021.  I suspect that there will be a third book in the
>> series as the book ends on a cliffhanger, which, I plan to purchase
>> and read.
>>
>> I've got vampires in my alien invasion science fiction book !
>>
>> The first book in the series detailed an invasion by the Shongairi in
>> which they used multiple kinetic weapons on every city on Earth of
>> 100,000+ people and all military bases.  Three quarters of the human
>> population of Earth died in a matter of minutes.  Due to the fact that
>> the Shongairi space ships could only attain six times the speed of
>> light, their understanding of Earth technology was very outdated and
>> they did not know that we had progressed from an agrarian society into
>> a very industrialized society.
>>
>> As the first Shongairi troop ships were landing on the Earth, they
>> were destroyed by F-22 stealth fighter jets.  As soon as the F-22 jets
>> landed at their hidden airfields, those were also destroyed using
>> kinetic weapons.  After the Shongairi troops rampaged through the
>> Earth population remnants, the vampires appeared out of Eastern
>> Europe.  The vampires were virtually indestructible and rode back up
>> on the outside of their landers to the Shongairi space ships in Earth
>> orbit.  They then boarded the space ships and proceed to kill all the
>> Shongairi in orbit.
>>
>> Now the horribly damaged human population on Earth has to rebuild,
>> both the population and the facilities.  But they have an advantage,
>> the now empty Shongairi space ships and several Galactic Hegemony
>> neural educators.  Vlad Dracula has taken one of the interstellar
>> space ships with a crew of several hundred and is headed 200+ light
>> years to the Shongairi home planet to pay back some of the damage that
>> they did to Earth.  And one of the few remaining state governors of
>> the USA has become the USA President and is planning on creating a one
>> world government to fight the Galactic Hegemony.
>>
>> David Weber has an excellent website at:
>>     http://www.davidweber.net/
>>
>> Chris Kennedy has a website at:
>>     https://chriskennedypublishing.com
>>
>> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)
>>
> It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
> book.  <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
> singing>  Um, no vampires!  It was almost like he realized he'd written
> humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex machina to save
> them.  So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!
>
> (Or the bunnies.)

Did you read the second book and explained the technology behind the
vampires ?

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t61pia$tp9$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73735&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73735

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:35:38 -0500

On 5/17/2022 9:22 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> David Weber has an excellent website at:
>>>    http://www.davidweber.net/
>>>
>>> Chris Kennedy has a website at:
>>>    https://chriskennedypublishing.com
>>>
>>> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
>>> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)
>>>
>> It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
>> book. <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
>> singing> Um, no vampires! It was almost like he realized he'd written
>> humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex machina to save
>> them. So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!
>>
>> (Or the bunnies.)
>>

> I was not too happy with the partial explanation of the Vamps we got
> here. I would have liked to stay with a Magic/Tech universe. Also
> I felt the foreshadowing detracted from any suspense. Still I will
> pick up the next one, if any, which I can't say for the Safehold books.

This series is very closely related to the "The Excaliber Alternative"
universe. I fully expect that should there be a book #3, another player
will be admitted to the game. Probably not named Avalon though.
https://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-Alternative-David-Weber/dp/0743435842

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t61tap$hfg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73738&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73738

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 21:40:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 18 May 2022 04:40 UTC

On 5/17/2022 8:35 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> [...]
>>> that they did to Earth.  And one of the few remaining state governors
>>> of the USA has become the USA President and is planning on creating a
>>> one world government to fight the Galactic Hegemony.
>>>
>>> David Weber has an excellent website at:
>>>     http://www.davidweber.net/
>>>
>>> Chris Kennedy has a website at:
>>>     https://chriskennedypublishing.com
>>>
>>> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
>>> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (1,733 reviews)
>>>
>> It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
>> book.  <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
>> singing>  Um, no vampires!  It was almost like he realized he'd
>> written humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex
>> machina to save them.  So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!
>>
>> (Or the bunnies.)
>
> Did you read the second book and explained the technology behind the

Not yet. Bought it just recently because my finances have improved but
haven't gotten to it. Did read the first some time back.

(And I'm betting you don't get the bunnies.)

dirty old man.

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t620lv$idl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73739&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73739

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 00:36:59 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 May 2022 05:36 UTC

On 5/17/2022 11:40 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 8:35 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> It really was VERY weird the way he brought vampires into the first
>>> book.  <starts singing>I have a theory, it could be bunnies....<stops
>>> singing>  Um, no vampires!  It was almost like he realized he'd
>>> written humanity into too tiny of a corner and needed as deus ex
>>> machina to save them.  So, No One Expect the Vampire Inquisition!
>>>
>>> (Or the bunnies.)
>>
>> Did you read the second book and explained the technology behind the
>> vampires ?
>>
> Not yet.  Bought it just recently because my finances have improved but
> haven't gotten to it.  Did read the first some time back.
>
> (And I'm betting you don't get the bunnies.)

You know, I cannot even write a clear sentence tonight so, no way I got
the bunnies.

You will like the explanation for the "vampires'. And the horrible
downside for being a "vampire".

Good to hear that your finances have improved. I have been able to buy
as many books as I want since 1995 (I am 61). But, I have a verbal
warning from the wife since I have over 400 books in my SBR (strategic
book reserve) aka the 72 by 36 inch bookshelf on my side of our bed. I
need to cull it by 200 books and make her happy as I have books that I
will never read in there (abandoned series, changing tastes, etc).

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t630on$6jl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73754&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73754

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 07:44:57 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 18 May 2022 14:44 UTC

On 5/17/2022 10:36 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 11:40 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Did you read the second book and explained the technology behind the
>>> vampires ?
>>>
>> Not yet.  Bought it just recently because my finances have improved
>> but haven't gotten to it.  Did read the first some time back.
>>
>> (And I'm betting you don't get the bunnies.)
>
> You know, I cannot even write a clear sentence tonight so, no way I got
> the bunnies.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.

dirty old man.

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t63kvc$fh1$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73807&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73807

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 15:29:30 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 May 2022 20:29 UTC

On 5/18/2022 9:44 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 10:36 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> Not yet.  Bought it just recently because my finances have improved
>>> but haven't gotten to it.  Did read the first some time back.
>>>
>>> (And I'm betting you don't get the bunnies.)
>>
>> You know, I cannot even write a clear sentence tonight so, no way I
>> got the bunnies.
>>
> Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.

Ugh. Not my favorite Buffy episode. Giles singing was not the best.
And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not remembering
something about that particular episode.

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t63m8g$5qn$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73809&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73809

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:51:47 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 18 May 2022 20:51 UTC

On 5/18/2022 1:29 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 9:44 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> You know, I cannot even write a clear sentence tonight so, no way I
>>> got the bunnies.
>>>
>> Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.
>
> Ugh.  Not my favorite Buffy episode.  Giles singing was not the best.
> And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not remembering
> something about that particular episode.

A former vengeance demon's contribution to the discussion about what was
the source of the latest problem.

dirty old man.

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t63q75$mgt$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73821&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73821

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:59:00 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 May 2022 21:59 UTC

On 5/18/2022 3:51 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 1:29 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.
>>
>> Ugh.  Not my favorite Buffy episode.  Giles singing was not the best.
>> And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not remembering
>> something about that particular episode.
>>
> A former vengeance demon's contribution to the discussion about what was
> the source of the latest problem.

That is right, Anya was deadly scared of bunnies.

Lynn

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<t64426$f5u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=73831&group=rec.arts.sf.written#73831

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.books.david-weber
Kennedy
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:47:21 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:47 UTC

On 5/18/2022 2:59 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 3:51 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Ugh.  Not my favorite Buffy episode.  Giles singing was not the best.
>>> And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not
>>> remembering something about that particular episode.
>>>
>> A former vengeance demon's contribution to the discussion about what
>> was the source of the latest problem.
>
> That is right, Anya was deadly scared of bunnies.

She knew things mortals didn't. ;)

dirty old man.

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<ebsk8h58ik4se500c451dvhd5vrk5rtkbp@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=74146&group=rec.arts.sf.written#74146

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 10:24:06 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 22 May 2022 17:24 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 15:29:30 -0500, Lynn McGuire
<lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.
>
>Ugh. Not my favorite Buffy episode. Giles singing was not the best.
>And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not remembering
>something about that particular episode.

While he's not his brother (who was the one who sang One Night in
Bangkok in the original cast of Chess, which was the version that was
the top 40 hit) I don't think he embarassed himself

Re: "Into the Light (Out of the Dark, 2)" by David Weber and Chris Kennedy

<jeva39F6vgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=74147&group=rec.arts.sf.written#74147

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 22 May 2022 17:27:05 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sun, 22 May 2022 17:27 UTC

In article <ebsk8h58ik4se500c451dvhd5vrk5rtkbp@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Wed, 18 May 2022 15:29:30 -0500, Lynn McGuire
><lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Buffy the Vampire Slayer, episode Once More With Feeling.
>>
>>Ugh. Not my favorite Buffy episode. Giles singing was not the best.
>>And I still don't get the bunnies so I guess that I am not remembering
>>something about that particular episode.
>
>While he's not his brother (who was the one who sang One Night in
>Bangkok in the original cast of Chess, which was the version that was
>the top 40 hit) I don't think he embarassed himself

I believe they dubbed Renee, but Lucy Lawless really carried the musical
episodes of Xena. (Ted Rami did some good work too).