From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: PPB: To February / Ethelwyn Wetherald
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 13:28:30 -0500
 by: George J. Dance - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 18:28 UTC

Penny's Poetry Blog's featured poem for February:
To February, by Ethelwyn Wetherald

O Master-Builder, blustering as you go
About your giant work, transforming all
The empty woods into a glittering hall
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-ethelwyn-weatherald.html

#pennyspoems

Re: PPB: To February / Ethelwyn Wetherald

<02c95ad7eb694d3cedea419042c98c32@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7335&group=rec.arts.poems#7335

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:53:40 +0000
Subject: Re: PPB: To February / Ethelwyn Wetherald
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:53 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Penny's Poetry Blog's featured poem for February:
> To February, by Ethelwyn Wetherald

> O Master-Builder, blustering as you go
> About your giant work, transforming all
> The empty woods into a glittering hall
> [...]
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-ethelwyn-weatherald.html

> #pennyspoems

Missed this one the first time around, outstanding discovery, or rather a new poet to me...

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iffKWHwY6I

Re: PPB: To February / Ethelwyn Wetherald

<1576b07c81ce8b1cfb38bdd38df7e651@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7367&group=rec.arts.poems#7367

Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:38:29 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:38 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:

>> Penny's Poetry Blog's featured poem for February:
>> To February, by Ethelwyn Wetherald

>> O Master-Builder, blustering as you go
>> About your giant work, transforming all
>> The empty woods into a glittering hall
>> [...]
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-ethelwyn-weatherald.html

>> #pennyspoems

> Missed this one the first time around, outstanding discovery, or rather a new poet to me...

> Video:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iffKWHwY6I

Good find.

Re: PPB: To February / Ethelwyn Wetherald

<tvkr41$1pgno$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7410&group=rec.arts.poems#7410

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:45:18 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:45 UTC

On 2023-03-15 4:53 p.m., General-Zod wrote:
> George J. Dance wrote:
>
>> Penny's Poetry Blog's featured poem for February:
>> To February, by Ethelwyn Wetherald
>
>> O Master-Builder, blustering as you go
>> About your giant work, transforming all
>> The empty woods into a glittering hall
>> [...]
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-ethelwyn-weatherald.html
>
>> #pennyspoems
>
> Missed this one the first time around, outstanding discovery, or rather
> a new poet to me...
>
> Video:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iffKWHwY6I

Well, thank you, Zod. I appreciate it when you bump a PPB thread, but
when you add info like that video it's a bonus, something I can
potentially add to her wiki article. I could have had it embedded
already -- I have one video on her on the wiki already -- but I didn't,
ao I quickly added it. Its focus is more on her bio, so I put it into
her "Life" section, whereas the one I already had was more about her
poetry, so it's now in the "Writing" section. There's some overlap, but
I'm happy to have both, and consider them value added.

In return, here's an OB: a video of her poem "The House of the Trees",
which is also embedded in the wiki article. If you read it, you'll note
that the /Dictionary of Literary Biography/ compares her not just to
Canada's Confederation Poets, but her best poetry to Emily Dickinson. I
think that comparison comes through well in "The House of the Trees" --
Wetherald is a more conventional writer, probably because unlike
Dickinson she wrote for publication, but I can sense the resemblance.

"The House of the Trees"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mPwVF2_SOI&t=85s