Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:49:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Legacy Voyager-Class Metalhawk and Twincast w/Rewind
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 01:49 UTC

Well, this was interesting.

A little while ago, Big Bad Toy Store had surprise pre-orders up for a Metalhawk toy and a Twincast toy ($34.99 a pop). There were no pictures, only a Legacy: Evolution logo as a placeholder. I went ahead and ordered them, not really knowing what they were, reasoning that I could just cancel them if they turned out to be completely stupid.

Well, they ended up taking down the pages. When I go to my pre-orders and click on the toys in question, I get an error message now. But, it looks like they saw fit to update my order page with pictures (and an expected April release date).

Twincast is, to the surprise of absolutely nobody, a redeco of Blaster in blue and red. He comes with Rewind, in a smoky black translucent color, so I guess he's a must-have for Rewind if nothing else. I wonder if they'll do Steeljaw and Ramhorn eventually, and how we might get them.

Metalhawk is a bit of a surprise, since he's a heavily-remolded Kingdom Cyclonus! You can see evidence of the Cyclonus mold in the shoulders and the upper legs, but he's been substantially remolded. The toy is based on his inner robot, not the Pretender shell. The robot mode looks great, though. I can't wait to see the vehicle mode. (It's gotta be better than the G1 toy, which was like a box with a cockpit poking out of the front.)

It's all over the web at this point. I waited too long to post about it. Oh, well. I had to go to the post office to mail ViceGripX's birthday present.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-legacy-metalhawk-and-twincast-revealed/47506/

It's highly probable that both these toys will be officially unveiled tomorrow, since Hasbro is doing another livestream. But it was kind of fun to get in on the ground floor when it came to the pre-orders!

Zob (and yes, it's 2023 and the Transformers wiki page for Metalhawk is STILL fat-shaming Joe "Cape Thing" Eibe despite him dying in 2012)