Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 21:09:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cybertronic G1 Jazz Revealed, Studio Series Snarl
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 05:09 UTC

The Transformers brand team had a roundtable discussion with some of the fan sites, and unveiled a toy that (shockingly) hasn't been leaked anywhere yet—"Origin Autobot Jazz," or in other words, the Cybertronic version of Jazz from "More Than Meets the Eye" part 1. He wasn't in Siege, but better late than never, yes? He's part of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line, meaning he will be a Target exclusive. I'm seeing an April 2023 release date from some sources and August 2023 from others. Not sure which is right.

https://tformers.com/transformers-buzzworthy-bumblebee-legacy-evolution-origin-autobot-jazz-official-reveal/48695/news.html

What's kind of awesome about him is that the robot chest isn't required to become the front of the car mode, so the shape is very cartoony, almost like the Heroes of Cybertron PVC figure. I mean, that's just one awesome thing. The whole toy is awesome, honestly.

Also, Studio Series '86 Snarl done got leaked:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-studio-series-86-leader-snarl/47519/

My dream for many decades now to finally own huge G1-styled Dinobots is at last becoming a reality. Why did I never notice that Snarl's cartoon pelvis was red? I thought that was a mistake at first, until I started looking at screen shots. Seriously, I never noticed this before. Was it *always* this way? It's like some weird Mandela effect.

Regarding the roundtable discussion, here are some talking points:

Someone asked about more mini-cassettes. Hasbro said they like to complete the sets, so it's likely they're at least thinking about them.

Evan Brooks mentioned Energon as a toy line he'd love to do new versions of, and Mark Maher mentioned Machine Wars.

Creating Metalhawk out of Kingdom Cyclonus was not originally planned when Cyclonus was being developed.

The Netflix exclusivity window was mentioned. Netflix Soundwave's exclusivity has expired, so Hasbro can do that toy again. Hasbro would need to sign another deal with Volkswagon before they could reissue Netflix Bumblebee.

Crashbar the Junkion was mentioned as having hidden secrets as part of the sculpt.

Velocitron Hot Rod is apparently not planned for release right now, but perhaps later.

The upcoming Dirge repack will be a straight re-release of Amazon Dirge with no deco changes.

Zob (good, means I don't have to buy him again!)

Re: Cybertronic G1 Jazz Revealed, Studio Series Snarl

<34e81d40-a2d0-4aa9-90bf-71bcb34bbc90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7478&group=alt.toys.transformers#7478

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:17:13 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 06:17 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 9:09:08 PM UTC-8, Zobovor wrote:
> "Origin Autobot Jazz," or in other words, the Cybertronic version of Jazz from "More Than Meets the Eye" part 1.

So this one and that Bumblebee make 2 Origin figures, sort of a subline in a subline. C'mon Wheeljack! And I wouldn't mine Origin Soundwave, Origin Laserbeak and the Origin seekers. Speaking of which...

> He wasn't in Siege, but better late than never, yes?

Yes, good! No greeblie details we don't need and no weathered deco. I'd like proper seekers in this style that turn into proper triangle rocket ships. And a Soundwave that can mimic the streetlamp mode. NO GREEBLIES THIS TIME!

> He's part of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line, meaning he will be a Target exclusive.

So origin Bumblebee, cartoon deco Hound, Hot Rod, and Starscream and now an origin Jazz. It's only taken 39 years but it's nice to see synergy with the Sunbow designs at retail.

> The Netflix exclusivity window was mentioned. Netflix Soundwave's exclusivity has expired, so Hasbro can do that toy again.

I sense a giftset coming, especially since they want to do some more tapes.

> Hasbro would need to sign another deal with Volkswagon before they could reissue Netflix Bumblebee.

I hope they just make a new one that integrates the butt end of the Volkswagen. The 40th anniversary is coming up and Volkswagen Bumblebee will probably come back in some form. I'm not a fan of this mold and don't want to see it resissued in any way as the 40th anniversary version of the character.
> Crashbar the Junkion was mentioned as having hidden secrets as part of the sculpt.

I guess that's roundabout confirmation that there's a stealth Junkion combiner.
> Velocitron Hot Rod is apparently not planned for release right now, but perhaps later.

So we at least know Velocitron will continue then. I guess that's where the future G2 Stunticons will come from maybe.

> The upcoming Dirge repack will be a straight re-release of Amazon Dirge with no deco changes.

I am all for straight re-releases of exclusives with no deco changes. It is nice to hear them hint that expiring windows of exclusivity allow for redistribution of initially limited items. I wonder how this will affect the sales of exclusives going forward if they do it too much, though. Maybe Amazon doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Maybe they see being the initial outlet for these molds is good enough to generate the sales numbers they want and they don't care about the long haul. I just found it hard to believe that stuff like earth mode Sideswipe and Mirage were never going to see a wider release. I wonder if Amazon moves as much of any given mold as Wal-Mart does.

> Zob (good, means I don't have to buy him again!)

Yes more reissues of previously exclusive voyager seekers. I already have Thrust but I would kinda be tempted if they did a cartoon deco in a movie inspired box like the Starscream reissue, except one that pays tribute to his reflection in Optimus Primes' front grill.

Re: Cybertronic G1 Jazz Revealed, Studio Series Snarl

<5723ffb4-4742-4969-8008-6e057a69ecf3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7481&group=alt.toys.transformers#7481

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 16:04:24 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 00:04 UTC

On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 11:17:15 PM UTC-7, Evil King Macrocranios wrote:

> So this one and that Bumblebee make 2 Origin figures, sort of a subline in a subline. C'mon Wheeljack!

At this point, I see Wheeljack as inevitable. He's basically the only one left to do. I have absolutely NO IDEA how they're going to get his robot mode to unfold into a huge, box van shape, though. Lots of Masterpice-style panels in the arms and legs, perhaps.

> > Netflix Soundwave's exclusivity has expired, so Hasbro can do that toy again.
>
> I sense a giftset coming, especially since they want to do some more tapes.

I would honestly be okay with that. I know at one point, they were talking about including Beast Box and Squawktalk with Netflix Soundwave instead of Ravage and Laserbeak. Maybe they can look into that idea again?

> I guess that's roundabout confirmation that there's a stealth Junkion combiner.

Have you seen the images floating around online of Scraphook's supposed leg mode? It makes for a very convincing argument.

> I am all for straight re-releases of exclusives with no deco changes. It is nice to hear them hint that expiring windows of exclusivity allow for redistribution of initially limited items. I wonder how this will affect the sales of exclusives going forward if they do it too much, though. Maybe Amazon doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Maybe they see being the initial outlet for these molds is good enough to generate the sales numbers they want and they don't care about the long haul. I just found it hard to believe that stuff like earth mode Sideswipe and Mirage were never going to see a wider release. I wonder if Amazon moves as much of any given mold as Wal-Mart does.

I know the Dirge/Ramjet two-pack goes for crazy money on the secondary market, but Amazon doesn't see a penny of that. They made their money when they sold off the initial shipment, and I'm sure that's all that matters to them. I tend to think of that set as being somewhat recent, but actually it was released in August 2020. That's ancient history as far as Amazon is concerned.

Dirge coming back sets a precedent, so maybe they can give Sideswipe or Mirage another chance to sell as well. I might have bought him a second time if they'd changed his colors (he was pretty cartoon accurate already, though) but I have no interest in buying the toy again if he's the same. But, it's great that people who missed him will have a chance to get him now.

Zob (has like ten toys on the computer desk, but is too lazy to actually put things away)