One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

SubjectAuthor
* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
| | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| |  `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
+- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe True Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
|+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
||+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
|||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
||+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
|`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| | `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a mansolar penguin
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| ||`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |+- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
| |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a mansolar penguin
| | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
| |  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
| |   `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
| +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
| `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
+* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Other Doctor
|`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |`* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 | +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Coca Cola Kid
 | |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 | `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manBlueshirt
 |  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
 |   `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |    `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |     +* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manYour Name
 |     |`- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 |     `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manDaniel65
 `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manIdlehands
  +- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor
  `* We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Dark Doctor
   `- We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a manThe Last Doctor

Pages:1234567
Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bkop$k46$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7476&group=rec.arts.drwho#7476

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:00:10 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:00 UTC

"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
> In article <t5b8jk$prt$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Binky bleated:

>>> Ncuti Gatwa is the REAL 13th Doctor! Fact!!
>>>

>>Liar! He isn't any REAL Doctor! He's an actor! Fact!!
>>

> I said the REAL 13th Doctor after the Capaldi one!

No you didn't. But if you had, we all know the real 13th Doctor is played by
Jodie Whittaker.

You're a very confused man, Yads.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bkvo$m4m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7477&group=rec.arts.drwho#7477

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:03:55 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:03 UTC

> In article <t5b8cn$l29$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Binky bleated:

>>> Still poor! The show should be 10 million plus!
>>>

>>Never gonna happen, no matter who plays the Doctor.
>>

> iName your betting house!

What makes you think we all have betting houses, Yads? Even if we did, why
would you need us to name them? Name your own betting house. It still
wouldn't change the fact that Doctor Who could not get over 10 million
views, no matter how good it was, in 2022.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bl6n$ns1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7479&group=rec.arts.drwho#7479

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:07:39 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:07 UTC

> In article <t5b4r7$c92$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>>Blueshirt wrote on 9/5/22 9:37 pm:

>>> I don't think she's watched an episode since David Tennant left! In
>>> fact, I'm not sure she's watched any proper TV that's not on Netflix
>>> or Disney+ in recent years!
>>
>>And she wouldn't be on her own with doing that .... although the other
>>pretty boy, Matt, should have held their interests!!

>>> Like all eras of Doctor Who it's down to the writing and the
>>> entertainment value of the episodes. It's in all of our interests
>>> [as Doctor Who fans] that Ncuti Gatwa does well as the 14th Doctor,
>>> and the show lives on beyond it's 60th year.
>>
>>What's the old saying .... 'Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!'
>
> Pig!

Liar! The saying is "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." It
isn't either "you can't make a silk purse out of a pig" or "you can't make a
pig out of a sow's ear".

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bldf$prv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7480&group=rec.arts.drwho#7480

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:11:17 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:11 UTC

> In article <t5b1u7$m77$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>>The Doctor wrote on 9/5/22 9:33 am:

>>> BTW, if Patterson Joseph was 10th or 13th Doctor ...
>>
>>Who??
>>

> A known Black Britihs actor.

Liar. Some people might know of Paterson Joseph. But he's British, not
Britihs. I've no idea why you even mentioned "Patterson Joseph" in the first
place though,

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5blgk$qor$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7481&group=rec.arts.drwho#7481

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:12:59 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:12 UTC

> In article <t5au0f$afe$2@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>>tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 9/5/22 8:00 am:

>>> Lesbians ARE homosexual!
>>
>>Correct, Tim.
>
> But in this case, lesbian feminists.

So you think lesbian feminists aren't homosexual? You're weird, Yads.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bmdj$2g6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7486&group=rec.arts.drwho#7486

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:28:31 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:28 UTC

> In article <t5alkp$2hr$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>Your Name wrote:

>>> It may be a man again, but he's black, so it's still just a
>>> "Politically Correct" screwed up version of the show and not worth
>>> bothering to watch. :-(
>>
>>Not watching something you don't like is the best option.
>>
>>We don't usually eat food we don't like do we? So I can't understand
>>why some people who hate "Doctor Who" in 2022 continue to watch it.
>>

> YN isn't watching.

You watch every single episode, whether it stars Jodie Whittaker or not.
Then complain about it. Idiot.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bmk6$4la$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7490&group=rec.arts.drwho#7490

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 19:32:04 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 9 May 2022 18:32 UTC

> In article <t5adih$lcv$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> The Fourteenth Doctor isn�?Tt an *existing* character. (Neither
>>> was the Thirteenth Doctor until she existed.)
>>
>>The Doctor is an existing character. No amount of retro-fitting can
>>disguise the idiotic "Politically Corret" quota-filling.
>>

> What about Patterson Joseph or Craig charles?

What about you're an idiot?

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5bs1u$415$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7495&group=rec.arts.drwho#7495

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 20:03:10 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jG0SjJf7Vk/6cy+44DRRtrvKX0U=
 by: solar penguin - Mon, 9 May 2022 20:03 UTC

Binky bleated:

> What about Patterson Joseph or Craig charles?

What about Charles Patterson or Joseph Craig?

--
solar penguin

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5c260$18nd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7496&group=rec.arts.drwho#7496

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:47:44 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 9 May 2022 21:47 UTC

On 2022-05-09 06:57:26 +0000, solar penguin said:

> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> The Fourteenth Doctor isn’t an *existing* character. (Neither
>>> was the Thirteenth Doctor until she existed.)
>>
>> The Doctor is an existing character. No amount of retro-fitting can
>> disguise the idiotic "Politically Corret" quota-filling.
>
> The Doctor is more than just one character.

Completely and utterly wrong, which is why you'll never understand.
"The Doctor" is one character, played by multiple actors, a character
that was created as a white male ... deal with that.

> Fourteen is not an existing character.
>
> Those are the facts. Deal with them.

The facts are that the BBC decided they needed more female and
non-white characters, so rather than create actual new characters and
shows, they just lazily and talentlessly hi-jacked an existing one to
appease the "Politically Correct" nutters and fulfil tick box quotas.
They then tried to retro-fit that idiotic decision into the "rules" of
Doctor Who, and failed miserably.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5c2ju$1drf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7497&group=rec.arts.drwho#7497

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:55:10 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 9 May 2022 21:55 UTC

On 2022-05-09 09:07:37 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> Your Name wrote:
>> On 2022-05-08 12:23:20 +0000, The Last Doctor said:
>>>
>>> Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names actor as next Doctor Who star
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123
>>>
>>> You may not be familiar with him but if not, check out Netflix’s Sex
>>> Education (you should anyway). His Eric is an excellent role.
>>
>> It may be a man again, but he's black, so it's still just a
>> "Politically Correct" screwed up version of the show and not worth
>> bothering to watch. :-(
>
> Not watching something you don't like is the best option.
>
> We don't usually eat food we don't like do we? So I can't understand
> why some people who hate "Doctor Who" in 2022 continue to watch it.

I started giving up on the show when the Master become female and never
bothered to watch any episode when Whittaker was stupidly given the
role. I won't be bothering to ever watch any more of it even if they
did return to correctly using a white actor.

That doesn't mean I don't like the old episodes or books based on the
old regenerations, even if some of those actors were casting mistakes
(like Pitiful Crapaldi, Quitopher Etched-in-stone, and Sillyvester
McClown) ... barring the ill-fitting, Americanised movie with Paul
McGann, which is best forgotten by everyone.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5c2pv$1fp8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7498&group=rec.arts.drwho#7498

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:58:24 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 9 May 2022 21:58 UTC

On 2022-05-09 20:31:15 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:
> On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 7:39:35 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <t5b1u7$m77$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:> >The Doctor wrote on
>> 9/5/22 9:33 am:> >> In article <t59hdt$rmb$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your
>> Name> >> <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:> >>> On 2022-05-08 12:23:20
>> +0000, The Last Doctor said:> >>>>> >>>> Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names actor
>> as next Doctor Who star> >>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123>
>> Netflix’s Sex Education (you should anyway). His Eric is an> >>>>
>> excellent role.> >>>> >>> It may be a man again, but he's black, so
>> it's still just a> >>> "Politically Correct" screwed up version of the
>> show and not worth> >>> bothering to watch. :-(> >>> >> BTW, if
>> Patterson Joseph was 10th or 13th Doctor ...> >> >Who??> >
>> A known Black Britihs actor.
>
> Is he a card carrier?

I'm a "card carrier" ... I've got a Visa credit card, a bank card,
multiple store loyalty cards, a few business cards, ... Of course,
these days many people now put all those on their cellphone as digital
versions, so when they lose/drop it they're completely screwed.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5cdg9$gjq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7500&group=rec.arts.drwho#7500

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 01:00:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:h01zf63W2HPMz3LcJRcfxbUHSBc=
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 10 May 2022 01:00 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2022-05-09 06:57:26 +0000, solar penguin said:
>
>> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> The Doctor is an existing character. No amount of retro-fitting can
>>> disguise the idiotic "Politically Corret" quota-filling.
>>
>> The Doctor is more than just one character.
>
> Completely and utterly wrong, which is why you'll never understand.
> "The Doctor" is one character, played by multiple actors,

But in practice the writers have never treated the Doctors
that way. They’re more like multiple characters linked by
a shared identity.

e.g. “So, you’re my replacements, a dandy and a clown.”

> a character that was created as a white male ... deal
> with that.

You were created as a baby. Are you still one now?

>> Fourteen is not an existing character.
>>
>> Those are the facts. Deal with them.
>
> The facts are that the BBC decided they needed more female and
> non-white characters, so rather than create actual new characters and
> shows, they just lazily and talentlessly hi-jacked an existing one to
> appease the "Politically Correct" nutters and fulfil tick box quotas.
> They then tried to retro-fit that idiotic decision into the "rules" of
> Doctor Who, and failed miserably.

The facts? No. Words like “talentlessly” and “nutters”
and “idiotic” are opinions, not facts.

And since when did Doctor Who have any “rules” anyway?

--
solar penguin

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<vIqdnTia9966IuT_nZ2dnUU7-YednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7502&group=rec.arts.drwho#7502

Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 02:25:58 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
<t5b2al$bk$2@dont-email.me>
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 10 May 2022 01:25 UTC

On 09/05/2022 13:44, Idlehands wrote:
> On 2022-05-08 11:03 p.m., The True Doctor wrote:

>>> The moment you claimed Hitler was a Marxist sympathiser you
>>> invalidate every bit of this post.
>>
>> I didn't invalidate anything because both Hitler and Mussolini were
>> Marxists and stated it themselves. Read Mein Kampf where Hitler
>> explicitly states he deliberately incorporated Marxist ideology into
>> National Socialism (ie. Nazism) in order to attract Marxists to his
>> side and usurp the position of the German Marxist Party.
>>

> I already kicked your sad sorry ass about your delusions concerning
> Hitler, not worth my time doing it again.
>
> It's amazing how you try to rewrite history to meet your private fantasy
> world.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<frWdnaZfrfYFXeT_nZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7503&group=rec.arts.drwho#7503

Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 02:32:07 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 10 May 2022 01:32 UTC

On 09/05/2022 06:52, solar penguin wrote:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-05-09 01:48:20 +0000, Idlehands said:
>>

>>> All Aggy's shows are being destroyed, he should stick to "Leave it to
>>> Beaver" and the Dick van Dyke show where the man is the boss and they
>>> sleep in separate beds.
>>
>> New characters aren't the problem. It becomes idiotic when they insist
>> on changing *existing* characters or force in characters just to meet
>> "Political Correctness" quotas.
>>

> The Fourteenth Doctor isn’t an *existing* character. (Neither
> was the Thirteenth Doctor until she existed.)

The so-called fourteenth and thirteenth Doctors are not existing
characters in Doctor Who because Doctor Who ended in 2017 before Peter
Capaldi had regenerated. Both are fake constructs created by changing
the existing character of the Doctor and turning him into a woman played
as a man and then into an effeminate gay black man.

And you and RTD think this is going to bring back the viewers? LOL!!!!!!!!!

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5cuu1$k4l$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7506&group=rec.arts.drwho#7506

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 23:58:25 -0600
<t5b2al$bk$2@dont-email.me>
<vIqdnTia9966IuT_nZ2dnUU7-YednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 by: Idlehands - Tue, 10 May 2022 05:58 UTC

On 2022-05-09 7:25 p.m., The True Doctor wrote:
> On 09/05/2022 13:44, Idlehands wrote:
>> On 2022-05-08 11:03 p.m., The True Doctor wrote:
<CHOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHOP>

>> I already kicked your sad sorry ass about your delusions concerning
>> Hitler, not worth my time doing it again.
>>
>> It's amazing how you try to rewrite history to meet your private
>> fantasy world.
>>

> You are the one trying to rewrite history. Read Mein Kampf and the
> interviews and debates which both Hitler and Mussolini too part in. Both
> of them were far right Marxists as described by themselves, members of
> of their own parties, and other Marxists who attacked them for not being
> Marxist enough.

Just because you repeat your deluded beliefs over and over and over they
will never become truth.

--
The very powerful and very stupid have one thing in common. They don't
alter their views to match the facts.

They alter the facts to match their views.

Doctor Who The Face of Evil, Part 4, January 22, 1977
(Binky couldn't name the episode)

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5d07c$1m2o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7508&group=rec.arts.drwho#7508

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:20:28 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 10 May 2022 06:20 UTC

On 2022-05-10 01:00:57 +0000, solar penguin said:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-05-09 06:57:26 +0000, solar penguin said:
>>
>> The facts are that the BBC decided they needed more female and
>> non-white characters, so rather than create actual new characters and
>> shows, they just lazily and talentlessly hi-jacked an existing one to
>> appease the "Politically Correct" nutters and fulfil tick box quotas.
>> They then tried to retro-fit that idiotic decision into the "rules" of
>> Doctor Who, and failed miserably.
>
> The facts? No. Words like “talentlessly” and “nutters”
> and “idiotic” are opinions, not facts.
>
> And since when did Doctor Who have any “rules” anyway?

Every franchise has a set of "rules" that helps keep it consistent.
Unfortunately some braindead idiot often comes along and decides ignore
those rules and make a massive mess of the franchise ... most often
that idiot's name is JJ Abrams, but there are plenty of other
talentless fools that do it too.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5d0c5$1npj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7509&group=rec.arts.drwho#7509

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:23:01 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 10 May 2022 06:23 UTC

On 2022-05-10 05:07:59 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:

> On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 3:11:33 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <a169e8f9-01bf-4471...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >On Monday, May 9, 2022
>> at 7:39:35 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:> >> In article
>> <t5b1u7$m77$1...@dont-email.me>,> >> Daniel65
>> <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:> >> >The Doctor wrote on 9/5/22
>> 9:33 am:> >> >> In article <t59hdt$rmb$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name>
>> +0000, The Last Doctor said:> >> >>>>> >> >>>> Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names
>> actor as next Doctor Who star> >> >>>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123> >> >>>>> >> >>>> You may not be
>> familiar with him but if not, check out> >> >>>> Netflix’s Sex
>> Education (you should anyway). His Eric is an> >> >>>> excellent role.>
>> just a> >> >>> "Politically Correct" screwed up version of the show and
>> not worth> >> >>> bothering to watch. :-(> >> >>> >> >> BTW, if
>> Patterson Joseph was 10th or 13th Doctor ...> >> >> >> >Who??> >> >
>>>
>>> Is he a card carrier?
>> Of?
>
> The "Black British Actor" card, or just a "Black" card or a "Black
> British" card.

He was born in Rwanda, so technically not British or Scottish, unless
he officially has dual citizenship.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5d45p$o6q$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7510&group=rec.arts.drwho#7510

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 07:27:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ahD7ESd4L2CL8FRWI6N4mtiIa/M=
 by: The Last Doctor - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:27 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2022-05-10 05:07:59 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:
>
>> On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 3:11:33 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> In article <a169e8f9-01bf-4471...@googlegroups.com>,
>>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >On Monday, May 9, 2022
>>> at 7:39:35 AM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:> >> In article
>>> <t5b1u7$m77$1...@dont-email.me>,> >> Daniel65
>>> <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:> >> >The Doctor wrote on 9/5/22
>>> 9:33 am:> >> >> In article <t59hdt$rmb$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name>
>>> +0000, The Last Doctor said:> >> >>>>> >> >>>> Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names
>>> actor as next Doctor Who star> >> >>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123> >> >>>>> >> >>>> You may not be
>>> familiar with him but if not, check out> >> >>>> Netflix’s Sex
>>> Education (you should anyway). His Eric is an> >> >>>> excellent role.>
>>> just a> >> >>> "Politically Correct" screwed up version of the show and
>>> not worth> >> >>> bothering to watch. :-(> >> >>> >> >> BTW, if
>>> Patterson Joseph was 10th or 13th Doctor ...> >> >> >> >Who??> >> >

>>> Of?
>>
>> The "Black British Actor" card, or just a "Black" card or a "Black
>> British" card.
>
> He was born in Rwanda, so technically not British or Scottish, unless
> he officially has dual citizenship.

He is a British citizen and identifies as British and Scottish. He was two
when he came to Britain and speaks with a soft Fife accent naturally but
his main role to date has been in a refined Southern English accent which
he does well.

But he doesn’t need to do “cards” Tim. He’s a British actor and he happens
to be black. Which could prove an issue to be dealt with in some stories
set in Western Europe or North America between, say, 1500 and 1985, and in
certain parts of the USA and other backwards places such as Russia, up to
the present day and the near future. Any other place, any other time, and
he’ll just be an exotic alien. Which is what the Doctor always is anyway.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<589fa36b-c292-4dbf-bbe8-833cd4b72a47n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7511&group=rec.arts.drwho#7511

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 00:39:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:39 UTC

On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 07:23:04 UTC+1, Your Name yapped:

> On 2022-05-10 05:07:59 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:
>
>> On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 3:11:33 PM UTC-7,
>> netk...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Of?
>>
>> The "Black British Actor" card, or just a "Black" card or a
>> "Black British" card.
>
> He was born in Rwanda, so technically not British or
> Scottish, unless he officially has dual citizenship.

Are you sure? According to both Wikipedia and IMDB, he was born
in London, England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterson_Joseph

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430667/

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5d54q$1ing$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7512&group=rec.arts.drwho#7512

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 19:44:26 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:44 UTC

On 2022-05-10 07:39:50 +0000, solar penguin said:

> On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 07:23:04 UTC+1, Your Name yapped:
>
>> On 2022-05-10 05:07:59 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:

>>> The "Black British Actor" card, or just a "Black" card or a
>>> "Black British" card.
>>
>> He was born in Rwanda, so technically not British or
>> Scottish, unless he officially has dual citizenship.
>
> Are you sure? According to both Wikipedia and IMDB, he was born
> in London, England.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterson_Joseph
>
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430667/

Sorry, I meant the announced actor, not Joseph.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5d5nl$300$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7513&group=rec.arts.drwho#7513

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 07:54:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:svUe8vEOkw5DuUtAUheISSFJI7c=
 by: The Last Doctor - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:54 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2022-05-10 07:39:50 +0000, solar penguin said:

>>> He was born in Rwanda, so technically not British or
>>> Scottish, unless he officially has dual citizenship.
>>
>> Are you sure? According to both Wikipedia and IMDB, he was born
>> in London, England.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterson_Joseph
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430667/
>
> Sorry, I meant the announced actor, not Joseph.

I missed the switch to Paterson Joseph too. Mind you Dave describes Joseph
as “a known Black British actor”, and Ncuti is known to me through Sex
Education and Stonemouth (and is in the upcoming Barbie movie as well, gods
help him) so he is one of those too.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5dfev$9rv$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7531&group=rec.arts.drwho#7531

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 20:40:35 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 10 May 2022 10:40 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 10/5/22 12:35 am:
> In article <t5aug6$eu4$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> Daniel65 wrote:

>>> Correct, Tim.
>>
>> Tim's on a roll today, not only another coherent post but correct as
>> well!!!
>
> The less spamtroll, the better!

Yes, clown, 'The less spamtroll, the better!', clown!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5dfps$9rv$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7532&group=rec.arts.drwho#7532

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 20:46:24 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 10 May 2022 10:46 UTC

The Other Doctor wrote on 10/5/22 4:03 am:
> "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
>> In article <t5b8cn$l29$1@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
>> <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Binky bleated:

<Snip>

>>> Never gonna happen, no matter who plays the Doctor.
>>
>> iName your betting house!
>
> What makes you think we all have betting houses, Yads? Even if we
> did, why would you need us to name them?

No, the clown can't name his house, Stephen, after all it's his mother's
House!!
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5dfv2$9rv$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7533&group=rec.arts.drwho#7533

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 20:49:10 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 10 May 2022 10:49 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 10/5/22 3:01 pm:
> On Monday, May 9, 2022 at 9:30:37 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <vIqdnTia9966IuT_...@brightview.co.uk>, The True Doctor
>> <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> You are the one trying to rewrite history. Read Mein Kampf and
>>> the interviews and debates which both Hitler and Mussolini too
>>> part in. Both of them were far right Marxists as described by
>>> themselves, members of of their own parties, and other Marxists
>>> who attacked them for not being Marxist enough.
>>>
>> Idlehands lies like a fish!
>
> How does a fish lie?

Usually, flat on the bank after it's been caught, Tim. Well, a river
fish, anyway!!
--
Daniel

Re: We have the Fourteenth Doctor - and he is a man

<t5dhcb$s95$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7534&group=rec.arts.drwho#7534

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 21:13:17 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 10 May 2022 11:13 UTC

solar penguin wrote on 10/5/22 2:37 am:
> Binky bleated:
>> In article <t5b8jk$prt$1@dont-email.me>,
>> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Binky bleated:

>>> Liar! He isn’t any REAL Doctor! He’s an actor! Fact!!
>>
>> I said the REAL 13th Doctor after the Capaldi one!
>
> I didn’t hear you say that but if you did, you were lying.
> There wasn’t a Capaldi 13th Doctor. (And even if there
> were, Ncuti Gatwa would still be an actor not a real Doctor.)

Oh!! I had read the clown's post as his thinking Ncuti Gatwa was the
REAL 13th Doctor after the Capaldi one, which would mean we are now up
to about the 27th incarnation of The Doctor ..... SO THE clown WOULD
HAVE BEEN WRONG WITH THAT, TOO.

But at least it might have meant that the clown might be coming to terms
with there having been more incarnations of The Doctor before 'The First
Doctor'

Hmm!! In looking at the BBC site for 'The First Doctor'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/4Mdptd1P1gyJ61H1qkgzLQm/the-first-doctor

It mentions he was also know as 'Doctor Caligari, Theta Sigma'! 'Theta
Sigma' I've heard of .... but 'Doctor Caligari' .... Anyone??
--
Daniel