Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:42:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Dark Rhinohorn! Alsoo Traveler Plane and Patriot Tank form Sword
Danger! Dr. Wu 3rd PT Grandslam
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 23:42 UTC

Dr. Wu Sword Danger was a back ordered Christmas present that I finally got last week.
Dark Rhinohorn from KFC was a Christmas gift he's a transparent purple Ramhorn that is quite fun. He's MP scale where Sword Danger is Siege scale.

I always liked the cassettebots and give every set a chance.

So Rhinohorn comes in a nice translucent pink case, which you can see through it and through him. His transformation is pretty basic, his tail folds out of the bottom, his head folds down on the side, and then his tape inverts to get the gold weapon packs on the sides. Then his legs fold out in the same manner as G1, but also his horn unfolds from the head, and his mouth opens. It's a bulkier body if you don't look at the behind in which he is wrapped around a void of emptiness. The 4 ankles and horn can pop off the joints if you're not careful, but the shoulders spine joints and tail are small metal pin joints, and the weapon packs are glued on. Glue overspill on mine I had to carefully pop the spine apart from the weapon pack the first time I transformed him.

Dark Rhinohorn is a lot of fun, he fits in to MP Soundwave well, and you can get the regular one if you want someone for Blaster. I just like translucent things even though I'm terrified of breaking it.

Now for another thing I like, combiners. Sword Danger comes as 2 cassettes, in a small clam-shell tray with 3 accessories, 2 character cards and 2 sets of instructions.One set of instructions for vehicle modes and one for combined mode. I got the standard red gray and blue deco although there are others available.

Traveler Plane is Siege Raindance. He has 2 small guns that peg together and go on his back. He's a little blue cassette, and his legs flip around and you rotate the chest-plate around plugging the chest-plate into the knees and folding the feet together in the middle to form the jet, with fold out wings and 2 vertical fins. He's very G1 like, the guns even mount on top.

Patriot Tank also transforms much the same, but his chest piece is the back of the tank and not the front. There is a tab on the top of the head that unfolds to form the center of the front of the tank. He has 2 mini gins that are on the sides much the same as G1 had the gray attacked guns, these pop off pretty easy though they stay on well. They just use 2mm pegs. These little parts are essentially a combined form of the gray guns and the smaller Silver G1 guns into 1 piece for this guy and it works quite well. His accessory gun has a hinged front of turret reminiscent of Earthrise Megatron's tank cannon without the sword, but with a vertical motion on the cannon barrel.

Both of them are really Micromaster sized in these individual modes. The tank treads don't work, there is no landing gear, same as their G1 counterparts.

The combined mode works much the same too, only the jet nose folds back, the arms and shoulders fold out to put the tank treads on the inner arms, the chest-plate rotates around to pinch the upper torso between the chest plate and the jet cockpit It clips together quite well and in combined mode the jet guns attack to each forearm, and the cannon barrel clips on to the back of either shoulder.

The combined Sword Danger who has no sword, (maybe he's dangerous to swords?) stands to Core Bomb Burst's shoulder. In this mode with guns on the side of the head , the turret on his shoulder, and the wrist gauntlet guns he's quite fierce looking.

He has quite a lot of joints and motion, with wrists, elbows, bicep rotation shoulders, collarbone motion, full neck and separate head gun motion, hips, thigh rotation, triple knee joints (jet mode has a separate joint in the knee to pull the jet together better) ankle rotation, toes, and a heel spur which is really a cassette locking tab, If you want to you can deploy the jet wings and vertical stabilizers in combined mode too. He balances quite easily and I can have him doing high kicks with no balance issues.

So yeah, I've been having fun with them and I found Dragon Dicelings, and they're quite fun for their $12.99 pricetags. Very over detailed for something that costs less than a Deluxe.