Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:56:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: More Studio Series Rumors
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 01:56 UTC

There have been a handful of additional retail listings popping up in recent days.

For one, there's a listing for a TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES LDR TF86 SWOOP. Now, it should come as no surprise that Hasbro was getting to Swoop eventually, since it certainly wouldn't make sense to do four Dinobots without the fifth one to complete the team. But, I guess some fans were worried Swoop would be smaller than the others, for some reason.

There's also a listing for a TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY 86 SCRAPHEAP, which is obviously a Junkion, and sounds somewhat familiar, but is separate and distinct from Scraphook or Junkheap. Scrapheap is the name given to one of the Junkions appearing in Wreck-Gar's TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE profile; i.e., the one who isn't Junkheap. Specifically, he's the guy from the animated movie who threw a metal chain at Springer in helicopter mode:

https://tfumux.fandom.com/wiki/Scrapheap?file=Scrapheap.jpg

I love that they're continuing to produce authentic toys of the Junkions, even if they're throwing in some weirdos like Scraphook at the same time.

Speaking of Scraphook, there's a rumor that he's going to be repurposed as Tow-Line from Robots in Disguise, aka Wrecker Hook from Car Robots. "No parking means NO PARKING!"

Also, there's a rumor going around that the Leader-class G2 Laser Prime is going to be sold to us a third time as Toxitron, the concept toy intended, but not produced, for the first Transformers Universe toy line around 2003 or so.

Zob (has a crunchy cough and is not enjoying it)