Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them. Others are so fast, they don't notice you.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)moviePig
`* Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)trotsky
 `* Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)FPP
  `- Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)trotsky

1
THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)

<WNZlN.200926$83n7.170807@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7620&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7620

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 15:39:18 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:39 UTC

A young man bearing emotional scars from the Korean war returns to his
backwoods Midwestern home, where religion is both the hope and chief
oppressor. THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (2020), a dark, multi-generational
tale from the Netflix dumpster, turns out to be one of the better flicks
I've recently seen. N.B.: 3 members of its ensemble cast hail from
fantasy franchises (and are excellent). A find, and well recommended.

Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)

<17a7ca7ec879ccab$12265$3394842$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7623&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7623

Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 09:07:09 -0600
Subject: Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:07 UTC

On 1/5/24 2:39 PM, moviePig wrote:

> A young man bearing emotional scars from the Korean war returns to his
> backwoods Midwestern home, where religion is both the hope and chief
> oppressor.  THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (2020), a dark, multi-generational
> tale from the Netflix dumpster, turns out to be one of the better flicks
> I've recently seen.  N.B.: 3 members of its ensemble cast hail from
> fantasy franchises (and are excellent).  A find, and well recommended.

I'll check it out.

Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)

<unbuh4$ltrm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7624&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7624

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 11:18:43 -0500
 by: FPP - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:18 UTC

On 1/6/24 10:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 1/5/24 2:39 PM, moviePig wrote:
>>
>> A young man bearing emotional scars from the Korean war returns to his
>> backwoods Midwestern home, where religion is both the hope and chief
>> oppressor.  THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (2020), a dark, multi-generational
>> tale from the Netflix dumpster, turns out to be one of the better
>> flicks I've recently seen.  N.B.: 3 members of its ensemble cast hail
>> from fantasy franchises (and are excellent).  A find, and well
>> recommended.
>>

> I'll check it out.

Good film noir type movie... Good period piece.

Bill Skarsgård
Tom Holland
Sebastian Stan
Riley Keough
Jason Clarke
Harry Melling
Mia Wasikowska
Robert Pattinson

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (no spoilers)

<17a80c78c4da00bd$5149$1204512$40d50a60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7626&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7626

Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 05:16:11 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 11:16 UTC

On 1/6/24 10:18 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 1/6/24 10:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 1/5/24 2:39 PM, moviePig wrote:
>>>
>>> A young man bearing emotional scars from the Korean war returns to
>>> his backwoods Midwestern home, where religion is both the hope and
>>> chief oppressor.  THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME (2020), a dark,
>>> multi-generational tale from the Netflix dumpster, turns out to be
>>> one of the better flicks I've recently seen.  N.B.: 3 members of its
>>> ensemble cast hail from fantasy franchises (and are excellent).  A
>>> find, and well recommended.
>>>

>> I'll check it out.
>
> Good film noir type movie...  Good period piece.
>
> Bill Skarsgård
> Tom Holland
> Sebastian Stan
> Riley Keough
> Jason Clarke
> Harry Melling
> Mia Wasikowska
> Robert Pattinson

Yes when I looked it up and saw all the name brand actors I knew it
would be worth seeking out. Despite mpig's somewhat milquetoast write up.