Instead of loving your enemies, treat your friends a little better. -- Edgar W. Howe

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Casting JonBenet (US) 2017

SubjectAuthor
* Casting JonBenet (US) 2017william ahearn
`* Re: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017Bill Anderson
 `- Re: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017danny burstein

1
Casting JonBenet (US) 2017

<71d37f4f-9e60-4a2b-8d86-f30c9e23722fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7699&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:49:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017
From: wlahe...@gmail.com (william ahearn)
 by: william ahearn - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 01:49 UTC

Hey,

Me? I'm a true-crime junkie. Love the stuff and I'll binge watch 48 Hours, The First 48, Snapped and various other shows at the drop of blood. Sometimes I'll lose interest in a case when the media gloms all over it. Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, Gabby Petito, become – at some point – background noise.

Except for JonBenet Ramsey. The Ramsey case remains one of the most fascinating, over-investigated, and perennially newsworthy cold case. One would think there isn't anywhere else to go. Until Kitty Green developed Casting JonBenet which is a documentary about casting actors for reenactments of aspects of the case. The actors are mostly from Colorado – where the murder took place – and reveal how the case – and the characters they play – affected them. This isn't about solving the case, instead it shows how the case has seeped into the culture and created all sorts of theories.

Re: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017

<RrSdnXHbWOq44Uz4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7700&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017
From: bill.and...@my-deja.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:40:21 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:40 UTC

william ahearn <wlahearn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Me? I'm a true-crime junkie. Love the stuff and I'll binge watch 48
> Hours, The First 48, Snapped and various other shows at the drop of
> blood. Sometimes I'll lose interest in a case when the media gloms all
> over it. Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, Gabby Petito, become – at some
> point – background noise.
>
> Except for JonBenet Ramsey. The Ramsey case remains one of the most
> fascinating, over-investigated, and perennially newsworthy cold case. One
> would think there isn't anywhere else to go. Until Kitty Green developed
> Casting JonBenet which is a documentary about casting actors for
> reenactments of aspects of the case. The actors are mostly from Colorado
> – where the murder took place – and reveal how the case – and the
> characters they play – affected them. This isn't about solving the case,
> instead it shows how the case has seeped into the culture and created all
> sorts of theories.

The little boy strangled his sister and the parents covered it up with an
elaborate hoax so they wouldn’t lose him. Any other mysteries you’d like me
to solve?

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: Casting JonBenet (US) 2017

<uqs0gu$3vr$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7701&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7701

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 04:19:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 04:19 UTC

In <RrSdnXHbWOq44Uz4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com> Bill Anderson <bill.anderson@my-deja.com> writes:

[snip]

>The little boy strangled his sister and the parents covered it up with an
>elaborate hoax so they wouldn’t lose him. Any other mysteries you’d like me
>to solve?

Alternatively, mom did it 'cuz she was a bit psycho to begin with,
throw in cancer messing her up further, plus the chemo drugs,
add booze... so she had no idea what she was really doing.

Dad is Big Friends with the local politicos, including the DA,
pointed out mom was going to get Ultimate Justice (i.e. death)
within the year, so "slow walk" the investigation and let nature
take its course.

(She lived quite a bit longer, though. But by that time, the DA,
etc., were all locked in...)

dannyb@panix.com