Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 17:02:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Beauty Of Your Soul
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 00:02 UTC

When I behold the beauty of your soul,
I see the diamonds fine and cut apart
That have through years been compacted from coals
As tragedies heaved on your precious heart.

The diamonds, sharp and potent and yet fragile
Attainment of the matter of the earth
And you - so tender, delicate, and agile
Each day a death - and in it a rebirth:

To grow through agony and through the heartache
And never to give in, but to give more:
And greet each day with joy and light and passion
As though it was to last forevermore:

To give your all, and still to give to people -
To do all that you can and further still:
To be your greatest and the most simple:
Accomplishment of love directing will:

Thus to remain ethereal and uplifted
And show the truth of what on earth can be
When one so lovely, generous and gifted
As you, can live and fathom and be free -

And show what life can be, as it's intended,
Embodied in resplendent heart - that's you -
Where present and eternity are blended
And life's sublimity can bloom anew.

The beauty of your soul, when seen completely,
Is timeless, endless, exquisite and true
And so my sweet, I say to you discretely:
The diamond of the universe is you.

By Ilya Shambat
https://sites.google.com/view/ilyashambatpoetry

Re: Beauty Of Your Soul

<eb4f1b66-3102-44d7-9550-a14d2bbf5482n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7706&group=rec.arts.poems#7706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 15:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Beauty Of Your Soul
From: westingr...@gmail.com (Greg Westin)
 by: Greg Westin - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 22:15 UTC

On Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 5:02:48 PM UTC-7, Ilya Shambat wrote:
> When I behold the beauty of your soul,
> I see the diamonds fine and cut apart
> That have through years been compacted from coals
> As tragedies heaved on your precious heart.
>
> The diamonds, sharp and potent and yet fragile
> Attainment of the matter of the earth
> And you - so tender, delicate, and agile
> Each day a death - and in it a rebirth:
>
> To grow through agony and through the heartache
> And never to give in, but to give more:
> And greet each day with joy and light and passion
> As though it was to last forevermore:
>
> To give your all, and still to give to people -
> To do all that you can and further still:
> To be your greatest and the most simple:
> Accomplishment of love directing will:
>
> Thus to remain ethereal and uplifted
> And show the truth of what on earth can be
> When one so lovely, generous and gifted
> As you, can live and fathom and be free -
>
> And show what life can be, as it's intended,
> Embodied in resplendent heart - that's you -
> Where present and eternity are blended
> And life's sublimity can bloom anew.
>
> The beauty of your soul, when seen completely,
> Is timeless, endless, exquisite and true
> And so my sweet, I say to you discretely:
> The diamond of the universe is you.
>
> By Ilya Shambat
> https://sites.google.com/view/ilyashambatpoetry
have you ever thought of the problem of posting to google and that their stuff is
copyrighted by them.
you might also feel like i do that your stuff is good enough to be published
is it really good news that when you go back 20 years on here on google, it seems to be lost.

What do you think about putting together 200 poems and publishing them by a new york
copyright like xlibris instead of fiction, i feel my stuff is that good, but I wonder really.
Noone really even would even compile them. I haven't seen anyone from doubleday on
here, or anything though the system is sort of ultra... Like what does hollywood want,
God on the internet? Do you have to like be inspired by angels and ... i don't want to say it...
i mean, like 4th street in seattle and mt. everest and front range in colorado and
something worse than the reinassance and emily dickenson... like really is dylan
that great, led zeppliden, how do you get published, and what artist in the 90's was
everyone looking at. It sounds great and all, but maybe there is someone they all read.

Any ideas?
Because noone on here is even sonic youth or pearl jam really, and maybe we should have been by now.
Can't Portland, Oregon reeducate. Lavaflow was supposed to be evenflow.

Brunei? ifstream in? do we write poems on github programs and get work for microsoft eventually and
make friends with Jesus like waitresses in seattle and forget the whole thing and have a one night
special every ten years at open mic night in Redmond or are any of you really worth Wiltern LG Boulder Fox
Portland Schnizer and Austin s X sw i feel i have the poetry but noone really is LOOKING. Are any of you PEOPLE
really getting us out there? Do we have connections any Coachella, Lollapalooza artists, s x sw.

There are indications that i ran into the lead singer of chvrches online and she wrote death stranding on request
of me asking to write a poem about aerospace and I HAVE that clout, and it's sad not to get any response from you here, or ANYTHING, I mean, she clearly talks about it in the song, and Lorde, and Grimes perhaps.

But we're like getting out collective butts kicked here. Do I have it to be a side show 2024 at s x sw in austin? Does anyone.
Do you know to write a song, you need a hook chorus that is catchy, then 20 lines of poetry or 30 and to do the chorus 2 - 4 times... Do any of you give a damn? I mean do you know that? Because I'm hitting 48 here and it's getting tiring remembering 1997 and zita eversen. Look up foo and his dirty tricks. It's erased... This just isn't Library of Congress, but lets try to get published and not RIPPED OFF.

Or else we can get together in Inglewood condo slum with ppl next door partying to us till 5am someday or the Palmdale or witchita old house someday and noone talking wtf
Greg Westin