6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt

SubjectAuthor
* Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert SchmittDavid Johnston
+* Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert SchmittRobert Carnegie
|`- Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert SchmittDavid Johnston
`- Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert SchmittPaul S Person

1
Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt

<tbdgtr$1vmg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77151&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77151

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 00:43:04 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:43 UTC

I'm impressed. Robert Schmitt picked the exact wrong titles for someone
who is self-publishing on Amazon. Word to the wise. Never use the word
"prime" in your title if you want anyone to be able to find it by
searching for the title on Amazon. It's a word Amazon's system has
trouble with. If you are interested search by author, because you'll
never find it by title.

Prime Justice starts as the story of a man who suddenly finds his mind
switched with that of his wife, who he did not know was a superhero.
Going back over how that happened, it still doesn't make sense to me.
As she struggles to learn the ins and outs of her new body and keep her
pronouns straight she must also take over for her former wife and now
husband. Frankly the fact that their sexual preference mysteriously
changes with the brain switch even though food preferences doesn't
strikes me as overly...convenient but presumably necessary because this
is very much a family story

In the second book the new heroine (who has now had her odometer turned
back as well to make her marriage even more squicky) must take on a
protege and together they try to save the world. They do not do a great
job of that. In the third book their daughter has to protect the new
status quo that was created when the rubble stopped bouncing. The
working out of the increasingly tangled family issues is rather more
interesting than the actual plot.

I will give it credit that the author hasn't made the mistake of having
his new and improved world order imposed through godlike power be an
actual utopia. Benevolent dictator or not, it still has corruption,
dissidence, and suffering inflicted in the name of the "greater good".
I don't like the flavour of time travel being used. Predestination may
avoid temporal paradox but it sacrifices the actual ability to make
decisions on that altar. All in all I give it a "could be worse" out of 5.

Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt

<4ba1caf6-8e65-401c-a549-e243a068a130n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77154&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77154

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:19 UTC

On Friday, 22 July 2022 at 07:43:12 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
> I'm impressed. Robert Schmitt picked the exact wrong titles for someone
> who is self-publishing on Amazon. Word to the wise. Never use the word
> "prime" in your title if you want anyone to be able to find it by
> searching for the title on Amazon. It's a word Amazon's system has
> trouble with. If you are interested search by author, because you'll
> never find it by title.
>
> Prime Justice starts as the story of a man who suddenly finds his mind
> switched with that of his wife, who he did not know was a superhero.
> Going back over how that happened, it still doesn't make sense to me.
> As she struggles to learn the ins and outs of her new body and keep her
> pronouns straight she must also take over for her former wife and now
> husband. Frankly the fact that their sexual preference mysteriously
> changes with the brain switch even though food preferences doesn't
> strikes me as overly...convenient but presumably necessary because this
> is very much a family story
>
> In the second book the new heroine (who has now had her odometer turned
> back as well to make her marriage even more squicky) must take on a
> protege and together they try to save the world. They do not do a great
> job of that. In the third book their daughter has to protect the new
> status quo that was created when the rubble stopped bouncing. The
> working out of the increasingly tangled family issues is rather more
> interesting than the actual plot.
>
> I will give it credit that the author hasn't made the mistake of having
> his new and improved world order imposed through godlike power be an
> actual utopia. Benevolent dictator or not, it still has corruption,
> dissidence, and suffering inflicted in the name of the "greater good".
> I don't like the flavour of time travel being used. Predestination may
> avoid temporal paradox but it sacrifices the actual ability to make
> decisions on that altar. All in all I give it a "could be worse" out of 5.

A detail about pronouns: I'm reading it that Transwoman
has a kid with Sidehustle? Since you don't give the names
of the superperson and the sidekick.

Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt

<nbildht8b4s8h4bet3ji8r1vbgtpnfov84@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77162&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77162

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 09:05:18 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:05 UTC

On Fri, 22 Jul 2022 00:43:04 -0600, David Johnston
<davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm impressed. Robert Schmitt picked the exact wrong titles for someone
>who is self-publishing on Amazon. Word to the wise. Never use the word
>"prime" in your title if you want anyone to be able to find it by
>searching for the title on Amazon. It's a word Amazon's system has
>trouble with. If you are interested search by author, because you'll
>never find it by title.

I had no problem. It was the first item listed ... in the Kindle
category. Other categories did have a lot of irrelevant matches.

The item accessed in the Kindle category included a paperback edition
as an option.

Searching for it on Bing, OTOH, brought it up right away.

As I think I have mentioned here before, searching with Google (then)
or Bing (now) often finds things on Amazon that Amazon's own search
engine cannot find -- mostly (I suspect) because it's too busy trying
to maximize the items it can pretend are relevant to your query to
actually produce the item wanted.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Re: Prime Justice Trilogy by Robert Schmitt

<tbet09$1tfg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77172&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77172

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 13:15:21 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:15 UTC

On 2022-07-22 5:19 a.m., Robert Carnegie wrote:
> On Friday, 22 July 2022 at 07:43:12 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
>> I'm impressed. Robert Schmitt picked the exact wrong titles for someone
>> who is self-publishing on Amazon. Word to the wise. Never use the word
>> "prime" in your title if you want anyone to be able to find it by
>> searching for the title on Amazon. It's a word Amazon's system has
>> trouble with. If you are interested search by author, because you'll
>> never find it by title.
>>
>> Prime Justice starts as the story of a man who suddenly finds his mind
>> switched with that of his wife, who he did not know was a superhero.
>> Going back over how that happened, it still doesn't make sense to me.
>> As she struggles to learn the ins and outs of her new body and keep her
>> pronouns straight she must also take over for her former wife and now
>> husband. Frankly the fact that their sexual preference mysteriously
>> changes with the brain switch even though food preferences doesn't
>> strikes me as overly...convenient but presumably necessary because this
>> is very much a family story
>>
>> In the second book the new heroine (who has now had her odometer turned
>> back as well to make her marriage even more squicky) must take on a
>> protege and together they try to save the world. They do not do a great
>> job of that. In the third book their daughter has to protect the new
>> status quo that was created when the rubble stopped bouncing. The
>> working out of the increasingly tangled family issues is rather more
>> interesting than the actual plot.
>>
>> I will give it credit that the author hasn't made the mistake of having
>> his new and improved world order imposed through godlike power be an
>> actual utopia. Benevolent dictator or not, it still has corruption,
>> dissidence, and suffering inflicted in the name of the "greater good".
>> I don't like the flavour of time travel being used. Predestination may
>> avoid temporal paradox but it sacrifices the actual ability to make
>> decisions on that altar. All in all I give it a "could be worse" out of 5.
>
> A detail about pronouns: I'm reading it that Transwoman
> has a kid with Sidehustle? Since you don't give the names
> of the superperson and the sidekick.

No, sorry. The heroine had another child along with the heroine's
husband, the former heroine. After her physical age was regressed to
15. The protege ends up coincidentally dating the couple's older
daughter.