From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:30 UTC

Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28

We should be done soon.

Lynn

Re: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking

<jkgap1Ffe2cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77323&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77323

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Re: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
Date: 28 Jul 2022 20:44:17 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 20:44 UTC

http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/?p=6136
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking

<1i08eh13buev0ue2rf2u9ppnr2cbv5a32e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77342&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77342

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:56:16 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:56 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500, Lynn McGuire
<lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
> https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28
>
>We should be done soon.

We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
two more days.

Nothing like last year, though -- so far.

The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
and wet.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Re: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking

<robertaw-DFFC5E.09592329072022@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77346&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77346

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:59:23 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:59 UTC

In article <1i08eh13buev0ue2rf2u9ppnr2cbv5a32e@4ax.com>,
Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500, Lynn McGuire
> <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
> > https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28
> >
> >We should be done soon.
>
> We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
> two more days.
>
> Nothing like last year, though -- so far.
>
> The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
> Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
> drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
> and wet.

This morning the Weather App (for Sea-Tac) projects 77F for Tuesday
(Monday in the low 80s). I suspect that by Sunday, the projection of
normal temperatures will slide to at least Wednesday.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking

<folaeh9g99g05u8mp6b6sepjt02l43mnga@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77360&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77360

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 09:15:40 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:15 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:59:23 -0700, Robert Woodward
<robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:

>In article <1i08eh13buev0ue2rf2u9ppnr2cbv5a32e@4ax.com>,
> Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500, Lynn McGuire
>> <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
>> > https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28
>> >
>> >We should be done soon.
>>
>> We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
>> two more days.
>>
>> Nothing like last year, though -- so far.
>>
>> The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
>> Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
>> drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
>> and wet.
>
>This morning the Weather App (for Sea-Tac) projects 77F for Tuesday
>(Monday in the low 80s). I suspect that by Sunday, the projection of
>normal temperatures will slide to at least Wednesday.

This ended a few years back, but for 5-10 years I experienced a
regular pattern in mid-May:

1, The temp would go up!
2. After a week of this I would convert from "cool" to "warm" [1]:
turn off the furnace, go to short-sleeve shirts, open a window and
install a folding screen.
3. We would then have two weeks of 60 degree weather, complete with
gray skies and drizzle (when not actually raining).

Well, I haven't opened that window or installed that screen. So I
wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at 90 all the way through
September, out of spite.

Speaking of which, we had a year where August lasted two weeks into
September -- and September lasted two weeks into October, weather-wise
anyway.

[1] Having lived in Northern Virginia and Germany for over a few years
while in the Army, I am well-aware of what having four seasons
actually looks like. Seattle has nothing of the sort. We have two
seasons, "cool" and "warm". The cool season does get cold from time to
time, and the warm season does get hot from time to time. But those
are transitory.