arts / rec.arts.sf.written / "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

SubjectAuthor
* "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Lynn McGuire
+- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by WDon
+* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
|`- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Lynn McGuire
`* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by WDon
 +- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Lynn McGuire
 +* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Lynn McGuire
 |`* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by WDon
 | +- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Christian Weisgerber
 | `- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Lynn McGuire
 `* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Christian Weisgerber
  `* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,Викентий Луков
   `* Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,pete...@gmail.com
    `- Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by WPaul S Person

1
"Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<tc7cl6$odt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77386&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77386

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton,
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:09:38 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 02:09 UTC

"Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated
by Wendayne Ackerman
https://www.amazon.com/Red-Eye-Betelgeuse-Perry-Rhodan/dp/4412660230/

Book number forty of a series of one hundred and twenty-six space opera
books in English. The original German books, actually pamphlets, number
in the thousands. The English books started with two translated German
stories per book and transitioned to one story per book with the sixth
book. The German books were written from 1961 to present time, having
sold two billion copies and even recently been rebooted again. I read
the well printed and well bound book published by Ace in 1974 that I had
to be very careful with due to age. I bought an almost complete box of
Perry Rhodans a decade or two ago on ebay that I am finally getting to
since I lost my original Perry Rhodans in The Great Flood of 1989. In
fact, I now own book #1 to book #103, plus the Atlan books.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Rhodan

BTW, this is actually book number 48 of the German Pamphlets. There is
a very good explanation of the plot in German on this website of all of
the PR books. There is automatic Google translation available for
English, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, French, and Portuguese.
https://www.perrypedia.de/wiki/Rotes_Auge_Beteigeuze

In this alternate universe, USSF Major Perry Rhodan and his three fellow
astronauts blasted off in a three stage rocket to the Moon in 1971. The
first stage of the rocket was chemical, the second and third stages were
nuclear. After crashing on the Moon due to a strange radio
interference, they discover a massive crashed alien spaceship with an
aged male scientist (Khrest), a female commander (Thora), and a crew of
500. It has been over ten years since then and the New Power has
flourished with millions of people and many spaceships headquartered in
the Gobi desert, the city of Terrania.

Perry Rhodan has returned from Arkon after six months and informs the
Terran people of the Arkon robot regent and the Springers, Mounders, and
Aras. Rhodan is having his troops check out the Betelgeuse system as
the Springers are planning on destroying the third planet since they
think it is Terra. Topthor the Springer had the correct address of
Terra in his spaceship positronic brain but Rhodan's mutants changed it
at the Springer meeting in the Gonom system. Rhodan's troops found
Topide lizards and native sea people on the fourth planet, a sea planet,
but none on the third planet. But, then many of the Topide lizards
landed on the third planet and set up defensive facilities.

One has to remember that this book was written in German in 1962 and
translated to English in 1974. Many items that came about in the 1970s
and beyond such as cell phones are not reflected in the book. However,
commercial aircraft commonly traveling at Mach 3 are not available to
the public as talked about in the book. Niels Bohr's saying "Prediction
is very difficult, especially about the future" comes to mind.

Two observations:
1. The publisher should have put two to four of the translated stories
in each book. Having two stories in the first five books worked out
well. Just having one story in the book is too short and would never
allow the translated books to catch up to the German originals.
2. Anyone liking Perry Rhodan and wanting a more up to date story should
read the totally awesome "Mutineer's Moon" Dahak series of three books
by David Weber.
https://www.amazon.com/Mutineers-Moon-Dahak-David-Weber/dp/0671720856/

My rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 5 out of 5 stars (1 review)

Lynn

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<20220731b@crcomp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77387&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77387

From: g...@crcomp.net (Don)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 02:20:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Don - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 02:20 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

<snip>

> Perry Rhodan has returned from Arkon after six months and informs the
> Terran people of the Arkon robot regent and the Springers, Mounders, and
> Aras. Rhodan is having his troops check out the Betelgeuse system as
> the Springers are planning on destroying the third planet since they
> think it is Terra. Topthor the Springer had the correct address of
> Terra in his spaceship positronic brain but Rhodan's mutants changed it
> at the Springer meeting in the Gonom system. Rhodan's troops found
> Topide lizards and native sea people on the fourth planet, a sea planet,
> but none on the third planet. But, then many of the Topide lizards
> landed on the third planet and set up defensive facilities.

Two types of aliens appear in this installment - one old and one new.
This marks The Third Power's second run-in with lizard-like Topsiders
(whom Wendy christens Topides).

<https://crcomp.net/arts/pr0048/moewig5.png>
Ein Topsider auf Wachposten

The new aliens, indirectly dubbed Akvons by Major Deringhouse, grace
Moewig's cover:

<https://crcomp.net/arts/pr0048/moewig.png>

Although Akvon physiology predates Sea-Doos (predecessor to Jet Skis) by
years, both utilize the same propulsion principle.
An Orion based Topsider empire plausibly accounts for its military
presence on Betelgeuse's fourth planet. It also raises a question: is
Betelgeuse in fact physically proximate to the other stars and such in
Orion's constellation? Or, does it only seem so for an observer on
Earth?

Ackerman adds another Rhodanary (a glossary of words, terms, & names
from the universe of the Peacelord) to this issue. At first it seemed a
good idea to collect them all into a single reference. But, someone's
already done it and it's available for download from Greg Fopp's group.

Allow me to pick a couple of nits with erudite polyglot Wendy's
translation. You needn't know German to spot them. My first nit may
suggest itself to RhoFen familiar with the Mounder's back story. Also,
anyone who keeps a close eye out for a pseudo-homophonic usage error (eg
effect/affect) ought to spot the second such scintilla. The Moewig says:

Sie werden vielleicht wissen, dass die Überschweren die Spezial-
Kampftruppe der Springer sind. Die gesamte Macht der Überschweren
wird den dritten und vierten Planeten dieses Systems angreifen
und vernichten.

And Ackerman's Ace interpretation is:

You probably know that the Mounders are the special police force
of the Springers. The combined forces of the Mounders are going
to attack and destroy the third and fourth planets of this
system without any prior parlay or negotiation.

My suggestions: replace "special police force" with "mercenaries" and
then substitute "parley" for "parlay."

Danke,

--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``. https://crcomp.net/reviews.php
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<jkorkkFqab9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77388&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77388

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: 1 Aug 2022 02:21:08 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 02:21 UTC

In article <tc7cl6$odt$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated
>by Wendayne Ackerman
> https://www.amazon.com/Red-Eye-Betelgeuse-Perry-Rhodan/dp/4412660230/
>

>Perry Rhodan has returned from Arkon after six months and informs the
>Terran people of the Arkon robot regent and the Springers, Mounders, and
>Aras. Rhodan is having his troops check out the Betelgeuse system as
>the Springers are planning on destroying the third planet since they
>think it is Terra. Topthor the Springer had the correct address of
>Terra in his spaceship positronic brain but Rhodan's mutants changed it
>at the Springer meeting in the Gonom system. Rhodan's troops found
>Topide lizards and native sea people on the fourth planet, a sea planet,
>but none on the third planet. But, then many of the Topide lizards
>landed on the third planet and set up defensive facilities.

From the description, I thought this was going to be _Planet Topide, Please
Reply_, but I see that was #75 in the Ace numbering, quite a ways on
from this.

Anyway, I thought that in the end the Topides were done pretty dirty by
Rhodan & co, something a fairly minor and incompetent threat didn't deserve,
especially as they were pretty much just minding their own business at that
point.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<tc7e99$19o3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77389&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77389

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:37:26 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 02:37 UTC

On 7/31/2022 9:21 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <tc7cl6$odt$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated
>> by Wendayne Ackerman
>> https://www.amazon.com/Red-Eye-Betelgeuse-Perry-Rhodan/dp/4412660230/
>>

>> Perry Rhodan has returned from Arkon after six months and informs the
>> Terran people of the Arkon robot regent and the Springers, Mounders, and
>> Aras. Rhodan is having his troops check out the Betelgeuse system as
>> the Springers are planning on destroying the third planet since they
>> think it is Terra. Topthor the Springer had the correct address of
>> Terra in his spaceship positronic brain but Rhodan's mutants changed it
>> at the Springer meeting in the Gonom system. Rhodan's troops found
>> Topide lizards and native sea people on the fourth planet, a sea planet,
>> but none on the third planet. But, then many of the Topide lizards
>> landed on the third planet and set up defensive facilities.
>>

> From the description, I thought this was going to be _Planet Topide, Please
> Reply_, but I see that was #75 in the Ace numbering, quite a ways on
> from this.
>
> Anyway, I thought that in the end the Topides were done pretty dirty by
> Rhodan & co, something a fairly minor and incompetent threat didn't deserve,
> especially as they were pretty much just minding their own business at that
> point.

The Topides did the Terrans dirty much earlier in the books. One of the
first ten books.

Lynn

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<20220801a@crcomp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77404&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77404

From: g...@crcomp.net (Don)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:35:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Don - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:35 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

<snip>

> The Springers and the Mounders have arrived in Betelgeuse system to
> destroy the third planet since they think it is Terra. Several of the
> Terran spaceships, mostly repurposed Arkonide ships, are in the system
> to fool the Mounders that Betelgeuse 3 is Terra, Sol 3. And a Topide
> fleet of 500 spaceships has arrived from the dictator of the Topide home
> system. Most of the Topides not in spaceships are on Betelgeuse 4. And
> Perry Rhodan has a plan to convince the Springers that he and the
> Terrans are dead.

"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." And thus the Third
Power buys itself some wiggle-room to postpone a final confrontation
between the Earth and a relentless Robot Regent with attendant assorted
aliens.
This is the second time Mounders drop an Arkon bomb to transform a
planet into another sun. But, it's also the last time Topthor takes
part.
To his credit, in the end, Rhodan does try to atone for the dirty
deal dealt to Topides:

"Well, it’s happened, Deringhouse," said Rhodan. "Cekztel
has planted the bomb. In the remaining 50 minutes I’m going
to try to rescue the Topides who are still down there."

This "Red Eye of Betelgeuse" installment closes Die Dritte Macht zylkus
- the premier Perry Rhodan cycle, or story arc.

Danke,

--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``. https://crcomp.net/reviews.php
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<tc99b9$1319d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77418&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77418

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:25:30 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 19:25 UTC

On 8/1/2022 9:35 AM, Don wrote:
> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The Springers and the Mounders have arrived in Betelgeuse system to
>> destroy the third planet since they think it is Terra. Several of the
>> Terran spaceships, mostly repurposed Arkonide ships, are in the system
>> to fool the Mounders that Betelgeuse 3 is Terra, Sol 3. And a Topide
>> fleet of 500 spaceships has arrived from the dictator of the Topide home
>> system. Most of the Topides not in spaceships are on Betelgeuse 4. And
>> Perry Rhodan has a plan to convince the Springers that he and the
>> Terrans are dead.
>
> "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." And thus the Third
> Power buys itself some wiggle-room to postpone a final confrontation
> between the Earth and a relentless Robot Regent with attendant assorted
> aliens.
> This is the second time Mounders drop an Arkon bomb to transform a
> planet into another sun. But, it's also the last time Topthor takes
> part.
> To his credit, in the end, Rhodan does try to atone for the dirty
> deal dealt to Topides:
>
> "Well, it’s happened, Deringhouse," said Rhodan. "Cekztel
> has planted the bomb. In the remaining 50 minutes I’m going
> to try to rescue the Topides who are still down there."
>
> This "Red Eye of Betelgeuse" installment closes Die Dritte Macht zylkus
> - the premier Perry Rhodan cycle, or story arc.
>
> Danke,

I was looking for how many Topides got picked up. I did not see a
mention so I believe that the number is zero.

Lynn

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<tc99g4$1319d$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77419&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77419

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:28:05 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 19:28 UTC

On 8/1/2022 9:35 AM, Don wrote:
> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The Springers and the Mounders have arrived in Betelgeuse system to
>> destroy the third planet since they think it is Terra. Several of the
>> Terran spaceships, mostly repurposed Arkonide ships, are in the system
>> to fool the Mounders that Betelgeuse 3 is Terra, Sol 3. And a Topide
>> fleet of 500 spaceships has arrived from the dictator of the Topide home
>> system. Most of the Topides not in spaceships are on Betelgeuse 4. And
>> Perry Rhodan has a plan to convince the Springers that he and the
>> Terrans are dead.
>
> "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." And thus the Third
> Power buys itself some wiggle-room to postpone a final confrontation
> between the Earth and a relentless Robot Regent with attendant assorted
> aliens.
> This is the second time Mounders drop an Arkon bomb to transform a
> planet into another sun. But, it's also the last time Topthor takes
> part.
> To his credit, in the end, Rhodan does try to atone for the dirty
> deal dealt to Topides:
>
> "Well, it’s happened, Deringhouse," said Rhodan. "Cekztel
> has planted the bomb. In the remaining 50 minutes I’m going
> to try to rescue the Topides who are still down there."
>
> This "Red Eye of Betelgeuse" installment closes Die Dritte Macht zylkus
> - the premier Perry Rhodan cycle, or story arc.
>
> Danke,

Did the uber secret society of Rhodan contact you ?

And yes, we skip 55+ years in the next book.

Lynn

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<20220801b@crcomp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77423&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77423

From: g...@crcomp.net (Don)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 19:51:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Don - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 19:51 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Don wrote:
>> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> The Springers and the Mounders have arrived in Betelgeuse system to
>>> destroy the third planet since they think it is Terra. Several of the
>>> Terran spaceships, mostly repurposed Arkonide ships, are in the system
>>> to fool the Mounders that Betelgeuse 3 is Terra, Sol 3. And a Topide
>>> fleet of 500 spaceships has arrived from the dictator of the Topide home
>>> system. Most of the Topides not in spaceships are on Betelgeuse 4. And
>>> Perry Rhodan has a plan to convince the Springers that he and the
>>> Terrans are dead.
>>
>> "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." And thus the Third
>> Power buys itself some wiggle-room to postpone a final confrontation
>> between the Earth and a relentless Robot Regent with attendant assorted
>> aliens.
>> This is the second time Mounders drop an Arkon bomb to transform a
>> planet into another sun. But, it's also the last time Topthor takes
>> part.
>> To his credit, in the end, Rhodan does try to atone for the dirty
>> deal dealt to Topides:
>>
>> "Well, it’s happened, Deringhouse," said Rhodan. "Cekztel
>> has planted the bomb. In the remaining 50 minutes I’m going
>> to try to rescue the Topides who are still down there."
>>
>> This "Red Eye of Betelgeuse" installment closes Die Dritte Macht zylkus
>> - the premier Perry Rhodan cycle, or story arc.
>
> Did the uber secret society of Rhodan contact you ?
>
> And yes, we skip 55+ years in the next book.

uber secret society???
At the start of my PR adventure, somewhere around 2018, it took me
forever to figure out simple things such as: zylkus == cycle == story
arc. Matter of fact, there's so much PR paraphernalia online it took a
long time to discern how PR opens with Die Dritte Macht. Anyhow, my
commentary may help the next PR neophyte.
So we skip ahead 55+ years? You learn something new every day. The
Atlan und Arkon zylkus features a momentous change of authorial style.
More will be said about it in the followup to your next review.

And, about Rhodan's Topidean rescue - it's only mentioned once, as you
say elsewhere. My mind also wondered WTF happened? Maybe it's supposed
to act as a "Greedo shot at Han Solo first" band-aid to keep things
bright and shiny? Besides, where would you warehouse a bunch of Topidean
prisoners-of-war? On the fourth planet?

Danke,

--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``. https://crcomp.net/reviews.php
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<slrntegev6.1h0b.naddy@lorvorc.mips.inka.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77428&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77428

From: nad...@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 20:47:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Christian Weisgerber - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 20:47 UTC

On 2022-08-01, Don <g@crcomp.net> wrote:

> This "Red Eye of Betelgeuse" installment closes Die Dritte Macht zylkus
> - the premier Perry Rhodan cycle, or story arc.

That's very much a retrospective division. Over the course of the
first 200 installments, _Perry Rhodan_ would eventually settle into
a structure of pre-planned story arcs, used ever since, so the
rather unplanned beginnings were later grouped like that too, even
if they didn't really form a story arc.

Famously, when Scheer and Darlton started the series, they expected
it to run for maybe 30 installments.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<slrntegg1e.1h0b.naddy@lorvorc.mips.inka.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77429&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77429

From: nad...@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 21:05:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Christian Weisgerber - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 21:05 UTC

On 2022-08-01, Don <g@crcomp.net> wrote:

> At the start of my PR adventure, somewhere around 2018, it took me
> forever to figure out simple things such as: zylkus == cycle == story

Since you keep misspelling it: Zyklus.

I don't know why a series of connected works is called a "Zyklus" in
German--there's nothing cyclical--but it's not specific to PR.
The term also exists in English, but it used a lot less there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_literary_cycles

English speakers may be most familiar with it in the context of
Richard Wagner's Ring _cycle_, where it is also calqued from German.

> So we skip ahead 55+ years?

Better get used to it! Such time jumps are a regular feature of
the series, allowing for fresh table setting. It's something you
can do when you have immortal protagonists--and in turn means you
have to find an in-universe way to immortalize the characters you
don't want to lose. It also means mousebeavers have a natural life
span of 700 years! Because... uh... story mechanics.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<500cb5e7-4233-4e47-991a-264015755bccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77432&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77432

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 15:18:47 -0700 (PDT)
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
From: vikentij...@gmail.com (Викентий Луков)
 by: Викентий Л - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 22:18 UTC

Пенелопа отложила ручку и не стала изображать участие в деле, давать советы обратиться с розыском в милицию и так далее.
Пусть поможет вернуть мои деньги, и мы договоримся.
Но ей придется отсидеть неделю.
Скажите, что я передумал.
Не всю жизнь, а только одну неделю!
Не за что, а потому что!
Вопервых, потому что брата моего убили, слыхали?
Вовторых, потому что брат ее любил.
Не надо, что вы.
Пусть лучше соглашается, а то ведь все одно найду в любом месте.
Три дня на раздумья.
Сидячая баба ничего, он ткнул пальцем в фигурку женщины, обхватившей себя руками за колени.
А я не покупаю.
На тебе цепочка на сто баксов, перстень за пятьсот.
Ладно, перстень еще за сто, я так понял все твои понты здесь стоят, так ведь?
Это китайские фигурки из нефрита.
Очнувшись, приложила ладони к щекам, виновато улыбнулась.
Скажите, что значит счетчик?
Я беру процент в день, справедливо?
Или ты не знаешь, что такое счетчик?
Нет, я знаю, конечно, что означает это выражение, но применительно к нашему разговору как это понимать?
Я дал три дня, так?
За каждый просроченный день по проценту.
Сто делим на двадцать четыре часа, округляем, получается по четыре часа дополнительной отсидки за каждый просроченный день.
Вы неправильно делите, нужно делить не сто на двадцать четыре, а наоборот!
Пенелопа подошла поближе и осмотрела еще за ушами и на затылке.
https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf4de74984a2364675f4f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7e4d2ce60353373078ce8 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2116cc324d23a935d65b8 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77444c8e53e490fb45c05 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7707c4625c4202d5a6597 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf3557782596956c03c2f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f10805ff6b7359a81b13 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76274a04d7921a33ac221 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c70fe61bab5d0030075a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dccbb42b275b636743bad7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7cb5a40fe05547f88b83f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da59f8fc3e3a7e8eb3ea47 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d796bd0e325c2428e90de9 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e715fc9b04526baf6e9898 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da1d24a3215c409e449268 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75e028928ca43f4f25466 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e23b730539da7bb012e297 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e21ac43c234525fe83a777 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e752878928ca43f4e7de91 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da4d97a3215c409e814470 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d274baac1f664e51804654 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d790d737b710787a0d3270 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2148bfc56420f9458771f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd078d2b275b63675be324 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d2789015d67a522f1fb2f2 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da0e0cc9ee5c0a87eff441 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f28bda69ec3ecc13db3b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e21c4b882fcd607437652d https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e221002072f356fc28c7fa https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e217ac0539da7bb0df366e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf7f70112073c7a845f39 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da54a77782596956f05326 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7bc5891357a27ff70542b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75f9ab2c6ed10f5d43aba https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e778acb2c6ed10f5f77b05 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76122a04d7921a339111f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e71798ba32e636fef94e34 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d783f70d702c2dd887c03e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77f867b2d120d367cf2d9 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcfc9db57b82363242c5cb https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcc89694e04162bca6ebf3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e71c995a569977f7038dbb https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7e200dd8b0050b85984b3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e77535a04d7921a3541ec7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f8aa3c234525fe6868c5 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d25e26dcd5e07f1f1dddaa https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d776fb0d702c2dd87ebb98 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d799e6d8d0b770419e59c6 https://zen.yandex..ru/video/watch/62dcc7020112073c7a57457e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d266bdc4469e06dcb19c4c https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da185c94e04162bc638cea https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e22f8752bc2b3c1694a6a3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78ed89b5a84418887586f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7d8e427bb720e58434a6e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcca24b57b8236321123fc https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75983e5bf11613fe72761 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da1b7fa3215c409e435901 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da47fce35e3e3d8822e9e9 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78ceb7b2d120d3689fd67 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e772108928ca43f40c7092 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e71ae85a569977f702e9bc https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcbc93770bcd19c674dcba https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e23720da69ec3ecc53e4e2 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da4c442b275b6367345a6a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7694e8928ca43f40030fa https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d2558d9b5a844188fc093f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77b1f0d702c2dd8815068 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e212feefd3e21b6e087955 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d27dd573d68b44158759d6 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78557d8d0b7704187a411 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1edfb3c234525fe62f92f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e776e25a74df03ce232e79 https://zen.yandex..ru/video/watch/62d7810b4c512e71390d68f6 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76aae6138d4474d89ab13 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d794da73d68b4415e5c075 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c9edb4f7421d08241d44 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f71fda69ec3ecc1616cc https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76f1c6138d4474d8fdd5d https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d257d515d67a522ff96b18 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77851c8e53e490fb71b85 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7094d417ab83ed9dac3d7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7541267640f32720a11eb https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d786b57b2d120d368329e3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7e373a355d37b6c0cec56 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da55fd64af52636ea31a4b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c12e6ca25f7f5942c35d https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e77a208928ca43f41a1d65 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d27c13c4469e06dccbd79c https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da453bfd26fa623adee7d4 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd00f264af52636ed5c7ed https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d27a506a8de461fa7913ed https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e70771b2c6ed10f5a71023 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7bfa5556d9d098675e5c3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf9829d059c55fef31055 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7defab4f7421d08334de8 https://zen..yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf1c474984a236463474e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da49828c26487b5909869b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da13eefd26fa623ab002c3 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e23292f9225a2d5f231a7c https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da57508a00c02c18e58e77 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcee2f94e04162bccb39b1 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e70ae78928ca43f4c87135 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78825c8e53e490fc45832 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da1e9cc9ee5c0a87faa36b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2310eefd3e21b6e2af2fe https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2359cefd3e21b6e31e4d8 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7cfd2e61bab5d00419059 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7d14b45dd10344d1f0637 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d779b9d8d0b770417f008f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7103aba32e636fef6f178 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76c51e13ed15dc1a6d211 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d259d5996e500f07970e57 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e71401ffee004a6ece45e6 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da155de35e3e3d880f4a81 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da07c08a00c02c1893b331 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da46a08a00c02c18ca753a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e7126177aa332473a65d29 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e756afe5bf11613fe4e7c5 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2161d28db1708b9ffbe25 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7e08142bbef56ef82f5b2 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7d43b4ab37d67d0ea0147 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e755564625c4202d4f8ff0 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f5993c234525fe66c2ea https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e21940efd3e21b6e0dd906 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf026fd26fa623ac25f5e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd0ab98a00c02c18cf83c7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da10fb64af52636e4feb3a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1fa400539da7bb0c80f9b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7ccf19c512465dfe7d4da https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcff528708be14cb93d3f4 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcc22ae35e3e3d8831c69d https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75b19ffee004a6ef0f6b7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d2767b9b5a844188266fc4 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd05b09d059c55fe02d40e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e22c6ea6a997606795945a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c4c291357a27ff8228cd https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7dd724ab37d67d0fbe594 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da51b894e04162bcaaa7b2 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7ce6242bbef56ef5bd4aa https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcc559b57b8236320e90a7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da12797782596956a87676 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7be0e45dd10344dfb5ae5 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1f40fc324d23a9348d1ad https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77e0e7b2d120d367bc21a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75838ba32e636fe156802 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e21dde7d3beb04568a6c98 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcbe832b275b6367410418 https://zen.yandex..ru/video/watch/62d264dedcd5e07f1f251981 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da0c71770bcd19c63364cf https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e21f72a6a997606783de65 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da4ef38c26487b591309a8 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7986938d8913c456b95fb https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e70e925a569977f7fe8a42 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcc3c48708be14cb54f7ce https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1ec6f3c234525fe624d2a https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d792ff1af13a7a72169b60 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e77b7cb2c6ed10f5fccc11 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da0f8364af52636e4f2a0b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e773894625c4202d5c0a5e https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1ef7f1f7e273a88e8b627 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd0c558c26487b5962c462 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da096afc3e3a7e8e5e09db https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c88691357a27ff8a028f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da589e7782596956f7329b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e239f228db1708b932a687 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd027eb57b8236324a8eee https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da16d28c26487b59cfa417 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7c2be6ca25f7f59461696 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2386d05ff6b7359f2aee8 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d25b82c8e53e490f479b38 https://zen..yandex.ru/video/watch/62d77c8e996e500f076b0698 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7d6b7ce60353373ec61af https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e22dffa6a9976067982e16 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da19e964af52636e5582b7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7759ccc3849167119a8f4 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd040974984a23647d26ad https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7898437b710787a055185 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dd091db57b82363253111b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcfb0e0112073c7a8867a6 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e763c3ba32e636fe1ff825 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78287c0d2bf1f1a5a7881 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e70cba8928ca43f4c93e69 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcc0960112073c7a53f0a4 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da0af2b57b8236321b968b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d78ae7d8d0b770418ca3ca https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e2341428db1708b928519f https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d772c238d8913c454a18ca https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d261ebc8e53e490f4f42db https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e76db8a04d7921a348f058 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7d2c56ca25f7f5966efe7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d272fb5f37c2164601a2dd https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62dcf6650112073c7a825326 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d2713537b710787a3fe8b9 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62d7daa91e75332c77c2b9f7 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e1ead3da69ec3ecc109064 https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da5333b57b82363264b44b https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62da4adefc3e3a7e8e9ae4da https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e75c708928ca43f4f087aa https://zen.yandex.ru/video/watch/62e71941ba32e636fef9d9ff
Сколько тебе за них даст вторая жена корейца?
Я ее на свои кормить буду!
Где ты взяла этот носок?
А мне нужно заштопать шесть пар.
Колобок свои отдал, шерстяные.
И что потом будет?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<c5384c12-ffcb-4141-b496-8178bca7b07dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77439&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77439

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 21:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
From: petert...@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 04:04 UTC

On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 6:18:50 PM UTC-4, vikenti...@gmail.com wrote:

Deleted.

In case you're wondering, the links are to pirated movies.

Pt

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<tcafba$fr2$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77443&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77443

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
translated by Wendayne Ackerman
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 01:14:00 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 06:14 UTC

Drop me an email at lynnmcguire5@gmail.com and I will tell you about it.

Lynn

Re: "Red Eye of Betelgeuse (Perry Rhodan #40)" by Clark Darlton, translated by Wendayne Ackerman

<fviieh1coh053vjs3ujbsm9p1a9a29rs4h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=77450&group=rec.arts.sf.written#77450

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 09:08:34 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 16:08 UTC

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 21:04:18 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
<petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 6:18:50 PM UTC-4, vikenti...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>Deleted.
>
>In case you're wondering, the links are to pirated movies.

All I see here are question marks.

A perfect disguise!
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian