Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 23:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Misogyny And Control
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Fri, 5 May 2023 06:44 UTC

In both Russia and Australia, I encountered the attitude that a woman would not respect you unless you control her. This is completely wrong. I have never tried to control my ex-wife, but she respects me. Whereas she has no respect for men who tried to control her before she was with me.

On this subject, many men are confused. They think that they need to beat up on the woman in order to maintain her loyalty. This may be the case if they are dealing with women who have no decency. But many of them extend this attitude to women who do have decency. And they end up doing things that are very wrong.

I had a friend who told me that his key to authority was his penis, and that if he got together with a woman he would treat her like crap. I told him that if a woman is with him, it is because she loves him, and that it is wrong to reward a person for loving you by treating her like crap. The message that this sends to the world is that one should not be loved. And that is completely self-defeating behaviour.

Now there is only one of me; but there are billions of other men. I want to inspire these men to more loving attitudes and more loving behaviour. I am not in a position to be with every woman in the world. I am however in a position to confront wrong beliefs that face women.

Are all women good? Of course not. But neither are all men. I have been with some wonderful women, and I take issue with how they have been treated. The men who think that women are bad don’t know what they are talking about. They haven’t had to deal with women who are actually bad. I have, but I never allowed this to let me hate women.

So there are men who think that men who are in favour of women’s rights are idiots who don’t know what is good for themselves. I don’t care only about myself as a man. I also care about any number of other people. I have a beautiful daughter, and I would not stand for her to get abused. My interest in her well-being is more important to me than my interest in my own.

As for the people who think that much is owed to the male gender: Nothing of anything is owed to a gender. Things are owed to people who contributed to humanity in all aspects, from business to science to raising children. Things are owed as much to women as they are owed to men. We have major contributions from both.

So that while I reject misandrist feminism such as what we saw in 1990s, I have complete support for women’s rights. Nobody should have to go through the kinds of things that my ex-wife has been through. A real man controls what he does with his fists and his mouth, and failure to do the same is failure of character. As for ethics and family values, the good father puts his daughter’s interests ahead of his own. And it is toward this outcome that the family-values agenda ought to strive.