Nobody ever died from oven crude poisoning.

arts / rec.arts.startrek.current / Re: [NEWS] "Star Trek: Below Decks" premiere date

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] "Star Trek: Below Decks" premiere dateYour Name
+* Re: [NEWS] "Star Trek: Below Decks" premiere datePanthera Tigris Altaica

1
Subject: [NEWS] "Star Trek: Below Decks" premiere date
From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 00:42 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 12:42:48 +1200

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade.   ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

    Star Trek: Lower Decks:
    CBS All Access sets premiere date for first animated series
    CBS All Access has finally announced the premiere date for their
    first ever adult-animated series titled Star Trek: Lower Decks
    which hails from Solar Opposites co-creator Mike McMahan.
    Featuring the voices of Tawny Newsom and Jack Quaid, the first
    animated Star Trek comedy series is scheduled to make its debut
    on Thursday, August 6. The announcement also came with the
    released of a new key art poster which you can check out in
    below!

    Image:
    https://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/star-trek-lower-decks/star-trek-lower-decks.jpg    Star Trek: Lower Decks will follow the story of the support
    crew serving on one of Starfleet's least important ships, the
    U.S.S. Cerritos, in 2380. Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Rutherford
    and Tendi have to keep up with their duties and their social
    lives, often while the ship is being rocked by a multitude of
    sci-fi anomalies.

    The voice cast will feature Tawny Newsome as Ensign Beckett
    Mariner, Jack Quaid as Ensign Brad Boimler, Noel Wells as
    Ensign Tendi, Eugene Cordero as Ensign Rutherford, with the
    ship's bridge crew voiced by Fred Tatasciore as Lieutenant
    Shaxs, Dawnn Lewis as  Captain Carol Freeman, Jerry O'Connell
    as Commander Jack Ransom, and Gillian Vigman as Doctor T'Ana.

    Star Trek: Lower Decks is created and executive produced by
    Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty), who also serves as the
    showrunner. It is executive produced by Alex Kurtzman, Heathan
    Kadin, Rod Roddenbury, Trevor Roth, Katie Krentz. It is a
    production by CBS' Eye Animated Productions, Secret Hideout,
    Rodden Entertainment, and Titmouse animation studio.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1140369-star-trek-lower-decks-premiere-date

Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Star Trek: Below Decks" premiere date
From: Panthera Tigris Alta
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 23:33 UTC
From: northern...@outlook.com (Panthera Tigris Altaica)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 19:33:23 -0400
On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade.   ;-)

 From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

Is it likely to be as bad as ST: Discovery and ST: Picard?

From: Dimensional Traveler
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 00:49 UTC
From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 17:49:39 -0700
On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade.   ;-)

 From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

I think the expectation is that we will be lucky if it is only that bad.

--
<to be filled in at a later date>

From: anim8rfsk
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 01:38 UTC
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 18:38:45 -0700
View all headers
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 16:33:23 -0700 Panthera Tigris

On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

OMG vastly, vastly worse.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 03:36 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 15:36:54 +1200
On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade.   ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

That at least partly depends on whether it follows *real* "Star Trek" or JarJar Abrams' abysmal "Star Drek" reboot garbage.

From: Wolffan
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 14:54 UTC
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:54:24 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
View all headers
On 01 Jul 2020, Your Name wrote
(in article <rdjai6$101g$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

comingsoon.net doesn’t like my ad-blocker. What little I saw indicates that
this show will be really bad. I last cared about an ST series with DS9; I
watched the first few episodes of V’ger and stopped, and watch part way
through the first two episodes of Boobyprize and stopped. Though I will admit
that the reason I got that far was the shower scene showing that Vulcans have
points other than on their ears, but even that was insufficient to sustain
interest. I haven’t even looked at Dicked Over and Pick Nose, I think that
they’re on CBS all access and I’d have to pay to see them, plus ads,
which ain’t gonna happen. Lowered Expectations seems to be on CBS Never
Will Access too. Say bye.

From: Wolffan
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 14:55 UTC
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:55:37 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
View all headers
On 04 Jul 2020, anim8rfsk wrote
(in article<0001HW.24B166A50591B69A70000B3222CF@NEWS.EASYNEWS.COM>):

On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

that’s not possible... is it?

From: anim8rfsk
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 16:22 UTC
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:22:48 -0700
View all headers
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 07:54:24 -0700 Wolffan<akwolffan@zoho.com>  wrote:

On 01 Jul 2020, Your Name wrote
(in article <rdjai6$101g$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

Don't forget Boobyprize which was the worst Trek since Voyager until
DickedOver came along.

From: anim8rfsk
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 16:23 UTC
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current

On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

-
ate>

Is it likely to be as bad as ST: Discovery and ST: Picard?

OMG vastly, vastly worse.

that’s not possible... is it?

Yes. Very, very possible.

On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

 From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

"Here, hold my beer."

--
<to be filled in at a later date>

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 22:36 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:36:51 +1200
On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those
species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be
big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade. ;-)

From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

People said exactly the same about having a worse Presidential candidate than Trump the Chump ... and then Kanye West announced he is going to be running for the job.  :-O
(Although, technically he's not "worse", just equally as abhorrent!)

From: Panthera Tigris Alta
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 19:09 UTC
From: northern...@outlook.com (Panthera Tigris Altaica)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:09:43 -0400
On 2020-07-01 20:42, Your Name wrote:

Are the various animated aliens being voiced by people from those species?? If they're all being voiced by humans, then there's gonna be big trouble from the morons in the "Politically Correct" brigade.   ;-)

 From ComingSoon.net ...

[...]

If it's worse than those two, well, I for one will not be watching.