Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 23:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Where do the souls come from?
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Fri, 12 May 2023 06:46 UTC

I once asked a person professing Christianity, “where do the souls come from?” He says, “flesh comes from Satan.” Yes yes, but that’s not what I asked. I asked, Where do the souls come from?

I have not seen this question debated at all. And it very much needs to be, as it is central to understanding of Christian religion. Do souls come from God? Do souls come from Satan? Do souls come from outer space? Once again, where do the souls come from?

We see many in Christianity attacking people who question the religion. To them the response is quoting Christian theological Pierre Abelard: Doubt leads to questioning; questioning leads to truth. If what you have really is the truth, then that is the conclusion that people will come to as they conduct inquiry into the matter.

If we really are made in God’s image, then we will be created with God’s propensities. And God is not a being that obeys but a being that creates. Which means that someone made in God’s image will have the propensities to create rather than the propensities to obey; and that is something that can’t be gotten rid of.

So once again I ask, Where do the souls come from? I did not ask where flesh comes from, I ask where souls come from. I can’t believe that this issue has not been addressed. It is central to understanding of Christianity. And I want to see this matter addressed by anyone who dares to call himself Christian.