Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 23:16:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thoughts on Astrobots #1 by Simon Furman (kinda OFF-TOPIC) (SPOILERS)
From: rodimus2...@hotmail.com (Rodimus_2316)
 by: Rodimus_2316 - Wed, 24 May 2023 06:16 UTC

SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/

Ok, I'll start off with saying this isn't an story about TFs, nor do they exist here in this story. It's the future, and the Astrobots are a race of robots, created by humankind, to go into space, find a suitable planet for humans to transfer to, as Earth is dying, and build a city, to be there when the human colonists arrive. The city "Atlas City" is run by an Astrobot named "Atlas," who says they're all meant to serve and save humankind, while there are also others there, a rebel group, who want equality with everyone, including the coming humans. Eventually, this robot called "Apollo Unit 08" arrives out of "The Dead Zone," and at the outer wall of the city, and is not immediately warmly welcomed, but fights back against the guards attacking him. Word is the Apollo units are somehow outdated. He takes out the guards, and reinstates that he merely wishes to speak to who's in charge, and Atlas agrees over the town-speaker, with flying robots to escort him.. Atlas says privately to another that he wants to know how this robot survived The Dead Zone, if he's friend or foe, and there's no room for war with the human colony ship getting closer to their planet. Some of the rebels in the crowd feel he may be useful in their cause. On the human colony ship, the robot called Athenia, says she senses something, which I'm guessing is the stuff that's just happened in this first issue?

Overall, I enjoyed it. This "Apollo Unit 08" guy is the most interesting, as well as Atlas too. I'd recommend this for those who like Furman's style of writing, but with different robots.

Anyone else give this comic a chance?

- Rodimus_2316