Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it. -- Tom Lehrer

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

SubjectAuthor
* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Other Doctor
|+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
||+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|||+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe True Doctor
| +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|  `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe True Doctor
|   +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|   `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Other Doctor
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|  | `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversarysolar penguin
|  |+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  ||+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  ||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|  | `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|  |  |+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  |`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|  |  +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  | `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
 +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
 `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
  `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
   `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
    `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65

Pages:123
David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5riui$n10$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7831&group=rec.arts.drwho#7831

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:05:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 15 May 2022 19:05 UTC

Probably the least surprising news of the week...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936

David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
Who 60th anniversary episode.

Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5rk4m$vu7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7832&group=rec.arts.drwho#7832

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:27:43 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Sun, 15 May 2022 19:27 UTC

"Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>
> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>
> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

Which old gang? And what would be the point?

Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman wouldn't be
welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations. Noel Clarke even less
so.

Tennant & Tate are back for the 60th special. Why ruin it by trying to
shoehorn more unnnecessary characters into it? Multi-Doctor stories may make
some fans excited, but I find them underwhelming.

Perhaps Murray Gold could provide the music. However beyond the one story
Tennant & Tate are doing, I would imagine RTD wants to move forward - not
backwards.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5rm3m$upj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7834&group=rec.arts.drwho#7834

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:59:45 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 15 May 2022 19:59 UTC

The Other Doctor wrote:

> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
> > Probably the least surprising news of the week...
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
> >
> > David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
> > Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
> >
> > Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>
> Which old gang? And what would be the point?
>
> Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
> wouldn't be welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations.
> Noel Clarke even less so.

Billie Piper appearing wouldn't surprise me... and with Christopher
Eccleston now doing 9th Doctor audios for Big Finish, a cameo from
him wouldn't completely surprise me either. (Although I'm not
expecting it.) On the face of it, I would expect more than just the
Tenth Doctor & Donna...

> Tennant & Tate are back for the 60th special. Why ruin it by trying
> to shoehorn more unnnecessary characters into it? Multi-Doctor
> stories may make some fans excited, but I find them underwhelming.
>
> Perhaps Murray Gold could provide the music. However beyond the one
> story Tennant & Tate are doing, I would imagine RTD wants to move
> forward - not backwards.

Well in all fairness Doctor Who anniversary specials traditionally
are a bit looking backwards, and as the 60th is a big one, more
shoe-horning is very likely. I don't expect to see the new Doctor
moving forward very much in the anniversary episode, it will probably
be a celebratory Doctor Who episode that serves as a launching point
for S14 and the new Doctor. I assume RTD would want to get the fans
back on board in 2023 so what better than having some old friends pop
by... Daleks and Gallifrey included.

Personally I think today's announcement is the first of many...

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5sr01$4ae$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7838&group=rec.arts.drwho#7838

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 06:29:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 06:29 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t5riui$n10$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Probably the least surprising news of the week...
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
> >
> > David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
> > Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
> >
> > Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>
> More speculation for the fun of it!

It's more relevant than "MAy the __ Doctor" be with you tripe that you
constantly post!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5sr01$4ae$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7839&group=rec.arts.drwho#7839

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 06:29:21 -0000 (UTC)

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t5rk4m$vu7$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Other Doctor <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >"Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote
> > >
> >> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
> >> Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
> > >
> >> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
> >
> > Which old gang? And what would be the point?
> >
> > Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
> > wouldn't be welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations.
> > Noel Clarke even less so.
> >
> > Tennant & Tate are back for the 60th special. Why ruin it by trying
> > to shoehorn more unnnecessary characters into it? Multi-Doctor
> > stories may make some fans excited, but I find them underwhelming.
> >
> > Perhaps Murray Gold could provide the music. However beyond the one
> > story Tennant & Tate are doing, I would imagine RTD wants to move
> > forward - not backwards.
>
> Yes, BS, SW is an old sod.

Like us all...

In fact this could almost be rec.arts.oldsods as I doubt too many of
the younger generation of Doctor Who fans bother with - or even know
about - Usenet in 2022!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5sup9$uhm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7841&group=rec.arts.drwho#7841

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 07:34:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:GRt/f4VzLwlHXRQ7ktDdpTwwaC0=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 16 May 2022 07:34 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>
> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
> Who 60th anniversary episode.

> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

Let’s look at the history of these events.

The Day of the Doctor had one previous Doctor in a major role, with one
“bonus” Doctor and a sort of brief cameo for the other 10 at the time
including one tiny glimpse of a Doctor yet to come and one bonus cameo of a
potential eccentric retired version. Current companion only. Coherent
story, done well.

Dimensions in Time had four active Doctors and one in a studio cameo, with
the two others at the time hand-waved away, plus assorted companions. And
it was a hideous mess.

The Five Doctors had three previous Doctors and assorted companions, plus
the other one at the time hand-waved away. And it was a bit of a mess with
silly cameos left right and centre.

The Three Doctors had one previous Doctor in a major role, plus one in a
studio cameo. Current companions only. Coherent story, done well.

RTD has a record of “greatest hits” moments combined with trying to trump
everything that has gone before, especially in season endings and specials.
From “a gazillion Daleks” to “Daleks meet Cybermen” to “all my companions
and spin-offs collide” to “a fake new Doctor (plus brief cameo for all the
past” to “the long farewell”, the shape of the 60th could have been bet
upon quite easily.

Current Doctor, one previous Doctor in a major role, maybe a “bonus”
Doctor. Daleks because RTD won’t be able to resist them, maybe a returning
alien from the past we haven’t seen before or a new Master/Missy.

Expecting a brand new Doctor without even a season of stories behind him to
carry the show for a major special would be a stretch, so some support from
the hit list of the past seemed inevitable.

And Tennant at the heart of it, with either Tate or Piper, was a near
certainty.

Maybe there will be more to come - Billie or Freema, possibly if they’re
free. Probably not Simm’s Master. Maybe another “omg how many Doctors”
moment?

Jo Martin’s Fugitive Doctor would be my best guess at the next “surprise”
inclusion, a nod to Chibnall that his legacy is safe plus RTD hasn’t
written for a female Doctor yet (bar the “Doctor-Donna” incident).

Personally, I’m disappointed at present.

Not with the news as such - I like Tennant and won’t mind seeing yet
another swan song for him - but because this announcement is going to take
the focus off this year’s special and Whittaker’s final episode, and our
response to that won’t be as powerful as it ought to be.

The Fathead, the Spammer and the Wholly Greek aside, a lot of people are
likely to just say “meh. Still, RTD and the Tenth next, eh?”

As to timeline, either it’s all timey wimey for the Tenth and Donna, or
their experience will be set either before The Sontaran Stratagem or after
The Doctor’s Daughter. RTD won’t destroy his one major tragic ending for a
companion.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<D$9OJBB3OhgiFwgw@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7842&group=rec.arts.drwho#7842

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:04:55 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:04 UTC

In message <t5riui$n10$1@dont-email.me>, Blueshirt
<blueshirt@indigo.news> writes
>Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>
>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>
>David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
>Who 60th anniversary episode.
>
>Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

Given Donna's rather sad manner of being written out of the show,
hopefully he will take the opportunity to put things right.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<UvNLNpB2ThgiFwCv@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7843&group=rec.arts.drwho#7843

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:10:14 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:10 UTC

In message <t5sup9$uhm$1@dont-email.me>, The Last Doctor
<mike@xenocyte.com> writes
>As to timeline, either it’s all timey wimey for the Tenth and Donna,
>or their experience will be set either before The Sontaran Stratagem or
>after The Doctor’s Daughter. RTD won’t destroy his one major tragic
>ending for a companion.

The Doctor's daughter is one character I'd really like to see return,
and the 60th anniversary special would be a good opportunity.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5tdpm$u61$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7863&group=rec.arts.drwho#7863

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:50:16 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 16/5/22 4:29 pm:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <t5rk4m$vu7$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The Other Doctor <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote

>>> Which old gang? And what would be the point?
>>>
>>> Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
>>> wouldn't be welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations.
>>> Noel Clarke even less so.
>>>
>>> Tennant & Tate are back for the 60th special. Why ruin it by trying
>>> to shoehorn more unnnecessary characters into it? Multi-Doctor
>>> stories may make some fans excited, but I find them underwhelming.
>>>
>>> Perhaps Murray Gold could provide the music. However beyond the one
>>> story Tennant & Tate are doing, I would imagine RTD wants to move
>>> forward - not backwards.
>>
>> Yes, BS, SW is an old sod.
>
> Like us all...
>
> In fact this could almost be rec.arts.oldsods as I doubt too many of
> the younger generation of Doctor Who fans bother with - or even know
> about - Usenet in 2022!

I wouldn't be surprised if many of 'The Current Generation' even know
about Google Groups!!

If it ain't on FaceBook, it ain't!!
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<-uCdnQc_Vcdn1R__nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7868&group=rec.arts.drwho#7868

Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:52:09 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Mon, 16 May 2022 12:52 UTC

On 15/05/2022 20:27, The Other Doctor wrote:
> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
>> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>>
>> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
>> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>>
>> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>
> Which old gang? And what would be the point?

It wouldn't be Doctor Who anyway unless the Timeless Child monster is
totally erased from canon. Doctor Who ended in 2017.

> Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman wouldn't be
> welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations. Noel Clarke even less
> so.

Noel Clarke was found to be completely innocent by the police.

> Tennant & Tate are back for the 60th special. Why ruin it by trying to
> shoehorn more unnnecessary characters into it? Multi-Doctor stories may make
> some fans excited, but I find them underwhelming.

Why destroy their legacy by having them associated with the Timeless
Child monster.

> Perhaps Murray Gold could provide the music. However beyond the one story
> Tennant & Tate are doing, I would imagine RTD wants to move forward - not
> backwards.

He can't move forward while the Timeless Child has replaced the Doctor
with a monster from another dimension.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<nHyoYVBzRngiFwni@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7870&group=rec.arts.drwho#7870

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:57:39 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 16 May 2022 15:57 UTC

In message <t5tdpm$u61$4@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
<daniel47@eternal-september.org> writes
>Blueshirt wrote on 16/5/22 4:29 pm:
<snip>
>> In fact this could almost be rec.arts.oldsods as I doubt too many of
>> the younger generation of Doctor Who fans bother with - or even know
>> about - Usenet in 2022!
>
>I wouldn't be surprised if many of 'The Current Generation' even know
>about Google Groups!!
>
>If it ain't on FaceBook, it ain't!!

Facebook? I think even that is regarded as old school by the younger
generation. It all seems to be Tiktok these days.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jeffteFu1rrU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7873&group=rec.arts.drwho#7873

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:28:13 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:28 UTC

Op 15-5-2022 om 21:05 schreef Blueshirt:
> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>
> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>
> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

Good! Donna's my favorite Ten Companion.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5u5po$56q$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7874&group=rec.arts.drwho#7874

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:39:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:L4Wm0qn0oBGwKR94C3FX1e8SXpE=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:39 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

> Depnding on where they pick up 10Doc and Donna.

Gives my age away when I say I read that as “Depending on where they pick
up 10cc and Donna”.

Probably on Radio Caroline.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5udc9$187o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7875&group=rec.arts.drwho#7875

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:49:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:49 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> RTD has a record of “greatest hits” moments combined with trying to
> trump everything that has gone before, especially in season endings
> and specials. From “a gazillion Daleks” to “Daleks meet Cybermen”
> to “all my companions and spin-offs collide” to “a fake new Doctor
> (plus brief cameo for all the past” to “the long farewell”, the
> shape of the 60th could have been bet upon quite easily.

This is basically why I am expecting something like that with the
return of RTD... a "Greatest Hits" 60th anniversary Special is kind
of odds-on. Nobody needs a diploma in high intelligence to predict
this sort of thing. (Which is quite fitting, as I haven't got one!)
It's a fairly logical assumption to make... whether that assumption
is correct or not remains to be seen though.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5udci$187o$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7876&group=rec.arts.drwho#7876

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:43:40 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:43 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote on 16/5/22 4:29 pm:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, BS, SW is an old sod.
> >
> > Like us all...
> >
> > In fact this could almost be rec.arts.oldsods as I doubt too many
> > of the younger generation of Doctor Who fans bother with - or
> > even know about - Usenet in 2022!
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if many of 'The Current Generation' even
> know about Google Groups!!

I'm not sure if Google themselves know about "Google Groups"!

It's not like Google give Usenet much love... so it's hardly
surprising that only a few old farts are aware of Google's dark
mouldy doorway to an even darker and damper corner of the Internet.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5udcj$187o$3@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7877&group=rec.arts.drwho#7877

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:49:23 -0000 (UTC)

The True Doctor wrote:

> On 15/05/2022 20:27, The Other Doctor wrote:
> >"Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote
> > >
> > > David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
> > > Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
> > >
> > > Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
> >
> > Which old gang? And what would be the point?
>
> It wouldn't be Doctor Who anyway unless the Timeless Child monster
> is totally erased from canon. Doctor Who ended in 2017.

Funnily enough I think RTD will steer away from The Timeless Child
stuff in the 60th anniversary episode... I think he might consider it
to be too divisive.

I think he would want his grand entrance to be a popular episode for
the masses. (Well, I would in his shoes.) B

> > Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
> > wouldn't be welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations.
> > Noel Clarke even less so.
>
> Noel Clarke was found to be completely innocent by the police.

Noel Clarke showing up *would* be a surprise though...

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5uddq$187o$4@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7878&group=rec.arts.drwho#7878

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:50:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:50 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t5sr01$4ae$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> More speculation for the fun of it!
> >
> > It's more relevant than "MAy the __ Doctor be with you" tripe
> > that you constantly post!
>
> IYIO!

No Dave, an un-disputable FACT!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5udm1$1bne$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7879&group=rec.arts.drwho#7879

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:54:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:54 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t5sr01$4ae$2@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, BS, SW is an old sod.
> >
> > Like us all...
> >
> > In fact this could almost be rec.arts.oldsods as I doubt too many
> > of the younger generation of Doctor Who fans bother with - or
> > even know about - Usenet in 2022!
>
> That can change.

It will change, when we all die... Usenet will then just be the place
where people go for their pirated movies and music. Actual
discussions on newsgroups will be a thing of the past.

As for RADW, when you and Tim are gone there will be peace in our
time... but there could be nobody else left here on RADW to enjoy it!
:-(

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5ue71$5fe$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7880&group=rec.arts.drwho#7880

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:03:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 16 May 2022 21:03 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t5udc9$187o$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Last Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> RTD has a record of “greatest hits” moments combined with trying to
> >> trump everything that has gone before, especially in season endings
> >> and specials. From “a gazillion Daleks” to “Daleks meet Cybermen”
> >> to “all my companions and spin-offs collide” to “a fake new Doctor
> >> (plus brief cameo for all the past” to “the long farewell”, the
> >> shape of the 60th could have been bet upon quite easily.
> >
> > This is basically why I am expecting something like that with the
> > return of RTD... a "Greatest Hits" 60th anniversary Special is kind
> > of odds-on. Nobody needs a diploma in high intelligence to predict
> > this sort of thing. (Which is quite fitting, as I haven't got one!)
> > It's a fairly logical assumption to make... whether that assumption
> > is correct or not remains to be seen though.
>
> At least the 10th Doctor is confirmed!

The least surprising news ever, or worst kept secret, depending on your
POV. Bringing back one of the most popular Doctor's ever is a
no-brainer...

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5unan$uh6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7883&group=rec.arts.drwho#7883

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:38:59 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Mon, 16 May 2022 23:38 UTC

On 2022-05-16 6:52 a.m., The True Doctor wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 20:27, The Other Doctor wrote:
>> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
>>> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>>>
>>> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
>>> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>>>
>>> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>>
>> Which old gang? And what would be the point?
>>

> It wouldn't be Doctor Who anyway unless the Timeless Child monster is
> totally erased from canon. Doctor Who ended in 2017.
>
>> Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
>> wouldn't be
>> welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations. Noel Clarke even
>> less
>> so.
>>

> Noel Clarke was found to be completely innocent by the police.

BZZZZZZT...more revisionism, there was a lack of credible evidence to
move foward with the investigation but if more women came forward they
would re-open the investigation.

So much for "completely innocent" but then facts really aren't your
longs suit are they.

--
The very powerful and very stupid have one thing in common. They don't
alter their views to match the facts.

They alter the facts to match their views.

Doctor Who The Face of Evil, Part 4, January 22, 1977
(Binky couldn't name the episode)

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<Wu6dnQw11-kXnx7_nZ2dnUU7-KmdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7888&group=rec.arts.drwho#7888

Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 03:03:54 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 17 May 2022 02:03 UTC

On 17/05/2022 00:38, Idlehands wrote:
> On 2022-05-16 6:52 a.m., The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 15/05/2022 20:27, The Other Doctor wrote:
>>> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message

>>> Which old gang? And what would be the point?
>>>

>> It wouldn't be Doctor Who anyway unless the Timeless Child monster is
>> totally erased from canon. Doctor Who ended in 2017.
>>
>>> Lis Sladen has passed away. Eccleston will not return. Barrowman
>>> wouldn't be
>>> welcome following his sexual misconduct allegations. Noel Clarke even
>>> less
>>> so.
>>>

>> Noel Clarke was found to be completely innocent by the police.
>>

> BZZZZZZT...more revisionism, there was a lack of credible evidence to
> move foward with the investigation but if more women came forward they
> would re-open the investigation.
>
> So much for "completely innocent" but then facts really aren't your
> longs suit are they.

Clearly you know nothing whatsoever about the law. Far left facistic
totalitarians rarely do. You're presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Noel Clark is an innocent man.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t5v32b$ud6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7890&group=rec.arts.drwho#7890

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:59:19 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Tue, 17 May 2022 02:59 UTC

On 2022-05-16 8:03 p.m., The True Doctor wrote:
> On 17/05/2022 00:38, Idlehands wrote:

>>> It wouldn't be Doctor Who anyway unless the Timeless Child monster is
>>> totally erased from canon. Doctor Who ended in 2017.

>>> Noel Clarke was found to be completely innocent by the police.
>>>

>> BZZZZZZT...more revisionism, there was a lack of credible evidence to
>> move foward with the investigation but if more women came forward they
>> would re-open the investigation.
>>
>> So much for "completely innocent" but then facts really aren't your
>> longs suit are they.
>>

> Clearly you know nothing whatsoever about the law. Far left facistic
> totalitarians rarely do. You're presumed innocent until proven guilty.
> Noel Clark is an innocent man.

Clearly you make up any kind of shit to stave off admitting a mistake.
Typical behaviour of the terminally insecure

Nothing new under the sun here.

Doctor Who The Face of Evil, Part 4, January 22, 1977
(Binky couldn't name the episode)

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t60119$kk7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7924&group=rec.arts.drwho#7924

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 21:30:52 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:30 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/5/22 7:00 am:
> In article <t5uddq$187o$4@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> IYIO!
>>
>> No Dave, an un-disputable FACT!
>
> Fallacy, BS! We have more history than the rest!

So how does 'more history' change 'The Facts', clown??

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t604cv$6gt$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7932&group=rec.arts.drwho#7932

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:28:18 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 17 May 2022 12:28 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 17/5/22 9:04 pm:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 7:04:00 PM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:

>>> BZZZZZZT...more revisionism, there was a lack of credible
>>> evidence to move foward with the investigation but if more women
>>> came forward they would re-open the investigation.
>>>
>>> So much for "completely innocent" but then facts really aren't
>>> your longs suit are they.
>>>
>> Clearly you know nothing whatsoever about the law. Far left
>> facistic totalitarians rarely do. You're presumed innocent until
>> proven guilty. Noel Clark is an innocent man.
>
> Meaning that he can appear in the 60th anniversary special?

He could, Tim, .... but the Producers might think he is "Damaged Goods',
Tim, so steer clear of him.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t60aik$bi3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7942&group=rec.arts.drwho#7942

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 15:15:11 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:15 UTC

"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

>>> Fallacy, BS! We have more history than the rest!
>>
>>So how does 'more history' change 'The Facts', clown??
>
> drwho has been around much longer than starwars, Dannyboy!

You're an idiot, Yads. Star Wars Day is the 4th of May. "May the 4th be with
you." It's a pun on "may the force be with you."

"May the 1st Doctor be with you." Not a pun on anything. Not amusing. Not
funny. Pathetic. But seems to amuse you and Tim for reasons unknown for half
the month.