From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Today's XKCD
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:15:02 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 03:15 UTC

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2674:_Everyday_Carry

I have number of "everyday" suites. There is no knife in my Sunday
purse because I usually hang out in the church kitchen, but that is
going to change next Sunday -- on my way home last Sunday, I wanted to
cut a pepper off the vine, but not one of the tools in my pockets was
suitable. I didn't want to damage the vine, so I had to hope that it
would keep until next Sunday.

I don't think there's a spare key-chain knife in my stash, so I'll
have to swap back and forth with one of the other suites until I can
buy one. Keychain knives can't be bought, actually; one has to luck
into them.

A comb is common to all the suites. The Sunday suite has half a
dressing comb; my waiting-room suite has an unbroken dressing comb; my
walking/driving suite has a pocket comb; my riding suite has a
re-enactor's horn comb in the wallet.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: Today's XKCD

<1agjtv1pum83a$.dlg@mid.crommatograph.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8068&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8068

From: lispamat...@crommatograph.info (Quinn C)
Subject: Re: Today's XKCD
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:20:10 -0400
 by: Quinn C - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:20 UTC

* Joy Beeson:

> https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2674:_Everyday_Carry
>
> I have number of "everyday" suites. There is no knife in my Sunday
> purse because I usually hang out in the church kitchen, but that is
> going to change next Sunday -- on my way home last Sunday, I wanted to
> cut a pepper off the vine, but not one of the tools in my pockets was
> suitable. I didn't want to damage the vine, so I had to hope that it
> would keep until next Sunday.
>
> I don't think there's a spare key-chain knife in my stash, so I'll
> have to swap back and forth with one of the other suites until I can
> buy one. Keychain knives can't be bought, actually; one has to luck
> into them.
>
> A comb is common to all the suites. The Sunday suite has half a
> dressing comb; my waiting-room suite has an unbroken dressing comb; my
> walking/driving suite has a pocket comb; my riding suite has a
> re-enactor's horn comb in the wallet.

I don't own a comb. It's probably been at least 10 years since I used
one. This probably depends on your hair type, but I usually feel that my
fingers do a better job at straightening the hair without making it look
stern.

I also don't currently have any kind of pocket knife, but I don't see
that as a good thing. I just haven't missed it enough recently.

--
Legends of prediction are common throughout the whole Household of Man.
Gods speak, spirits speak, computers speak. Oracular ambiguity or