From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 14:32:13 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 19:32 UTC

Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/10/16

We are subscribed to six streaming services at the moment. Probably one
or two too many.

Lynn

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks

<f0ca343a-b819-4df9-b343-7cbbe0f722f7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=80595&group=rec.arts.sf.written#80595

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 13:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
From: petert...@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 20:31 UTC

On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 3:32:18 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/10/16
>
> We are subscribed to six streaming services at the moment. Probably one
> or two too many.

Without checking.... HBO, comes with cable package
Amazon Prime - comes with Amazon
Paramount+, Disney+, Apple, Netflix, Hulu, CuriosityStream - pay for.

Too many. BTW, if you like documentaries, Curiosity Stream is great value.

Pt

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks

<tiitgk$3cumk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=80604&group=rec.arts.sf.written#80604

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:42:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:42 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

>Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/10/16
>
>We are subscribed to six streaming services at the moment. Probably
>one or two too many.

I don't have any. I would like to see the new Adventure Time series so
I should look into which has that and whether I could get them all with
a free trial subscription.

Brian

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks

<0auqkh5e90e2rhia8m4n77pv65hs1jaame@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=80613&group=rec.arts.sf.written#80613

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:00:09 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:00 UTC

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:42:28 -0000 (UTC), "Default User"
<defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>>Pearls Before Swine: Too Many TV Networks
>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/10/16
>>
>>We are subscribed to six streaming services at the moment. Probably
>>one or two too many.
>
>I don't have any. I would like to see the new Adventure Time series so
>I should look into which has that and whether I could get them all with
>a free trial subscription.

Amazon Prime includes (some) "free" movies. I never had any luck with
IMDbTV (now FreeVee) before I signed up, to that might be "free". It
also offers (or did a year ago) a 30-day free trial. After which, of
course, you pay. Note: when I needed a new power strip because the
optical fiber installers used the old one, with each dongle covering
no less than three plugs so most of my other stuff was unplugged, I
ordered one in the morning and had it that evening. Of course, I /am/
living in Seattle ...

Once you have Amazon Prime, there are a variety of others you can sign
up for, many (but not all) of which have free trials (mostly of the 1
week variety). Whether you need Amazon Prime to get them or whether
subscribing to them through Amazon Prime reduces the cost is something
I do not know.

Netflix is strictly pay-as-you-go; no free trial. There are several
levels; SD Streaming (which allows downloads on my Fire HD 6) works
fine for me, but HD options are also available. For all I know, they
may have 4K or 8K options as well, and apparently still have Disc
options as well (IIRC, they started as a disc-by-mail service).

Note that I am focused on streaming films when I want to watch them.
The Amazon Prime App now has a "Live TV" option, which, since I don't
subscribe to anything addtional, is mostly FreeVee. But on a fixed
schedule. I've never actually tried watching anything on it.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian