From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.cyberpunk, rec.arts.sf.misc, can.arts.sf, nf.general, tor.general
Subject: Canadian SF author JE Solo
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 22:13:34 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 19 Oct 2022 00:43 UTC

I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.

Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
and another website of hers that also discusses
her music and her hybrid-reality performance
projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
website:

"JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
(virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
and Artificial Intelligence."

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And I know the young man with a century's face/A philosopher king - he

Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo

<87h6nplr98.fsf@disroot.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91731&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91731

From: maschine...@disroot.org
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.cyberpunk,rec.arts.sf.misc,can.arts.sf,nf.general,tor.general
Subject: Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 18:42:11 -0400
sha1:Qm1ayao4ryCBqhlBcBiQa6CvNsQ=
 by: maschine...@disroot.org - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:42 UTC

David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> writes:

> I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
> as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
> has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
> Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.
>
> Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
> and another website of hers that also discusses
> her music and her hybrid-reality performance
> projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
> website:
>
> "JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
> artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
> and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
> networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
> traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
> (virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
> exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
> and Artificial Intelligence."

Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?

Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo

<0001HW.2ABA6B26003C7EC4700008C9638F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91739&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91739

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.cyberpunk, rec.arts.sf.misc, can.arts.sf, nf.general, tor.general
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 21:19:58 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 23:49 UTC

On Sep 19, 2023, maschinensturmer@disroot.org wrote
(in article <87h6nplr98.fsf@disroot.org>):

> David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> writes:
>
> > I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
> > as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
> > has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
> > Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.
> >
> > Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
> > and another website of hers that also discusses
> > her music and her hybrid-reality performance
> > projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
> > website:
> >
> > "JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
> > artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
> > and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
> > networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
> > traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
> > (virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
> > exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
> > and Artificial Intelligence."
>
> Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they”?

Well, on http://jesolo.ca/about-je-solo/ it says “their work”,
and it also says that on https://lizsolo.com/about/ .

"For she is the perfect creature, natural in every feature
And I am the geek with the alchemists' stone" (Jimmy MacCarthy)

Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo

<uedm2c$2ocrg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91744&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91744

From: noo...@nowhere.com (Titus G)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.cyberpunk,rec.arts.sf.misc,can.arts.sf,nf.general,tor.general
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:40:09 +1200
 by: Titus G - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:40 UTC

On 20/09/23 10:42, maschinensturmer@disroot.org wrote:
> David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> writes:

ship advertisement

> Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?

You are replying to spam crossposted across six newsgroups.

Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo

<0001HW.2ABAA5D1004A3F0F700008C9638F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91748&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91748

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.cyberpunk, rec.arts.sf.misc, can.arts.sf, nf.general, tor.general
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 01:30:17 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 04:00 UTC

On Sep 20, 2023, Titus G wrote
(in article <uedm2c$2ocrg$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 20/09/23 10:42, maschinensturmer@disroot.org wrote:
> > David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> writes:
>
> ship advertisement
>
> > Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?
>
> You are replying to spam crossposted across six newsgroups.

It is on-topic on all six, hence is a valid crosspost, much
preferable to a multipost to each of the groups.

It is on-topic in nf.general since Solo is from Newfoundland,
and on-topic in tor.general since Solo is now based in Toronto.

"For she is the perfect creature, natural in every feature
And I am the geek with the alchemists' stone" (Jimmy MacCarthy)

Re: Canadian SF author JE Solo

<875y45l8pp.fsf@disroot.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91751&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91751

From: maschine...@disroot.org
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.cyberpunk,rec.arts.sf.misc,can.arts.sf,nf.general,tor.general
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 01:22:42 -0400
sha1:SgM3Dn9h3GkjAUn12AsTdmzl5kw=
 by: maschine...@disroot.org - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 05:22 UTC

Titus G <noone@nowhere.com> writes:

> On 20/09/23 10:42, maschinensturmer@disroot.org wrote:
>> David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> writes:
>
> ship advertisement
>
>> Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?
>
> You are replying to spam crossposted across six newsgroups.
I'm very sorry.