From: pino...@hotmail.moc (Peter T.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: So Final Fantasy XIV online seems to be the new talk of the town
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 01:45:16 +0200
 by: Peter T. - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 23:45 UTC

Have you tried it?

Yet another promising MMORPG. I consider it testing it (if my old
hardware can carry it at a acceptable level).

And btw. How's life in wow? :) I'm not updated on the game since
january. But I've understood that 9.1 wenty live sometime ago.

--
Peter T.

Re: So Final Fantasy XIV online seems to be the new talk of the town

<slrnsfcq8o.1s6q.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=80&group=alt.games.warcraft#80

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:11:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:11 UTC

In message <sd52qa$1vls$1@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pinoc10@hotmail.moc> wrote:
> Have you tried it?

I have watched some game play (my eldest kid plays on Twitch
frequently). It has a few things about it that I like, and a whole lot
that I do not.

The most obvious thing that will keep me from playing it is the lack of
customization of the UI.

But there are thing I would like to see WoW add (multi-party raids, for
one).

> And btw. How's life in wow? :) I'm not updated on the game since
> january. But I've understood that 9.1 wenty live sometime ago.

9.1 has been out a few weeks now (4? 5?) and has finally added flying,
though it took some time to unlock it, it was nothing drastic.

The new zone is pretty good, but as usual they cannot seem to plan for
the crowds they know they will have, so sometimes getting quests done is
aggravating since 90% of the population is in the same zone.

Overall I mostly like it, and flying is great and makes a lot of things
1000x less annoying. I am mostly only logging in enough to do the
weeklies and do some of the larger reward anima quests. I am finally at
the point where I can easily get 3-4K in a week without really working
at it. On Saturday I picked up 2200.

The new raid just opened to LFR last week and I have not even thought
about queuing for it, though I may queue for it tomorrow for the first
wing if the second wing opens.

There is a new mythic that I also have not even considered trying to
find a group for, and chances are pretty good I never will. I have done
very very little mythic content and I do not find it at all appealing.

--
Why is it so damn hot in here, and why are we all in a handbasket?

Re: So Final Fantasy XIV online seems to be the new talk of the town

<ma9kfg9jcftfdcfd404b9kpkr6ljfrmvm5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81&group=alt.games.warcraft#81

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 03:32:08 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 02:32 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:11:37 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <sd52qa$1vls$1@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pinoc10@hotmail.moc> wrote:
>> Have you tried it?
>
>I have watched some game play (my eldest kid plays on Twitch
>frequently). It has a few things about it that I like, and a whole lot
>that I do not.
>
>The most obvious thing that will keep me from playing it is the lack of
>customization of the UI.
>
>But there are thing I would like to see WoW add (multi-party raids, for
>one).

I keep hearing people talk about it and my other half has it, but he's
not really getting along with it and the aesthetic doesn't appeal to
me - not intended as a criticism, as I gather many people think it's
great, just, a "not for me" thing really!

Especially as I don't have enough time for the MMOs I already play:
WoW in 3 versions, GW2 and ESO... of those ESO is getting the vast
majority of my time, the solo-friendliness and emphasis on story and
crafting really suits me. I've been playing since last october and am
not quite 2/3 through the base game zones, have only very briefly
visited the expansions for holiday quests, so there's a LOT still to
explore for me. How well it'll hold my interest after I catch up to
current content may be a question, but it's one I won't reach for
probably another year.

>> And btw. How's life in wow? :) I'm not updated on the game since
>> january. But I've understood that 9.1 wenty live sometime ago.
>
>9.1 has been out a few weeks now (4? 5?) and has finally added flying,
>though it took some time to unlock it, it was nothing drastic.

Yep, I've barely played and would have it by now if I'd bothered to
actually do the questline yet - I'm at the opening of that chain now
but RL intervened and delayed me by a few days, will probably do it
this weekend.

>The new zone is pretty good, but as usual they cannot seem to plan for
>the crowds they know they will have, so sometimes getting quests done is
>aggravating since 90% of the population is in the same zone.

At least the flipside is, as I'm mostly only on really late at night,
it's nice to be able to find people to help with rares and bosses!

>Overall I mostly like it, and flying is great and makes a lot of things
>1000x less annoying. I am mostly only logging in enough to do the
>weeklies and do some of the larger reward anima quests. I am finally at
>the point where I can easily get 3-4K in a week without really working
>at it. On Saturday I picked up 2200.

I'm really liking the anima rewards in Korthia, it's so much better
than previously. I'm basically logging on to do the Korthia weekly,
generally spend 2 days over that, just doing the dailies plus whatever
assault is up that day. When I'm more in the mood for questing I'll
catch up on the storyline; I was intending to sub my other account
when I got flying, so I can do Night Fae covenant storyline on my
druid (couldn't face levelling alts without flying so been waiting for
9.1!), but I just subbed to ESO for a month so I guess that'll wait
now - I have a personal limit of maximum 2 live MMO subs at one time
(one of which is always taken by my main WoW account) because I do not
have enough time to get my money's worth out of more than that!

>The new raid just opened to LFR last week and I have not even thought
>about queuing for it, though I may queue for it tomorrow for the first
>wing if the second wing opens.

I just watched all the cutscenes outside the game - right, I've seen
the story, will check the raid out in 2 expansions lol. Only LFR I've
done in ages was Sire Denathrius, because I noted there was a lot of
anima rewards for quests involving killing him, plus a bit of story,
so it seemed worthwhile.

>There is a new mythic that I also have not even considered trying to
>find a group for, and chances are pretty good I never will. I have done
>very very little mythic content and I do not find it at all appealing.

Me too. I do love the concept of the giant dungeons but the
mythic-only means I don't do them, and then when they get reduced to
heroic it's always in 2 wings - and you can't get into the 2nd wing by
entering a portal or continuing from the first wing (only by
queueing), so it's pug it or do mythic. So I wait till mythic is
solo/duoable next expansion, by which time I've lost interest in
whatever made them sound cool at the time. Shame!

Reminds me I still need to do Operation Mechagon, I kept hearing
people saying old expansion tuning was a mess and BFA dungeons are
hard to solo at 70, but maybe it's ok in 9.1 lvl gear - I'll take a
look when I play enough in Korthia to gear up a bit more.

Re: So Final Fantasy XIV online seems to be the new talk of the town

<slrnsflr7j.tgt.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=82&group=alt.games.warcraft#82

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:23:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:23 UTC

In message <ma9kfg9jcftfdcfd404b9kpkr6ljfrmvm5@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm really liking the anima rewards in Korthia, it's so much better
> than previously. I'm basically logging on to do the Korthia weekly,
> generally spend 2 days over that, just doing the dailies plus whatever
> assault is up that day.

I just do the dailies and maybe get in a rare or two. That generally
gets me to 50% and the next day I complete the weekly. I did one assault
and found the usual lack of information on the quest to be rather
annoying and the next one I attempted I simply could not figure out what
I was supposed to do with the first quest I tried, so i did not do that
one and haven't gone back.

I am up to ilvl 210 now, but I have to go grind pogs in the tower so i
can upgrade my legendary to a 235.

I will probably spend my next 10,000 anima on the <spit> garden level 3
covenant improvement just to maximize all the WQ rewards, then start
looking at the other anima rewards. Mostly I am tring to grind the
artifacts for gear upgrades in Korthia right now.

> When I'm more in the mood for questing I'll catch up on the storyline;
> I was intending to sub my other account when I got flying, so I can do
> Night Fae covenant storyline on my druid (couldn't face levelling alts
> without flying so been waiting for 9.1!),

Yep, same. I haven't touched an alt in 9.x yet, but I will probably
start leveling my DK and Paladin now.

--
'I'll tell you this!' shouted Rincewind. 'I'd rather trust me than
history! Oh, shit, did I just say that?'

arts / alt.games.warcraft / Re: So Final Fantasy XIV online seems to be the new talk of the town