Misfortunes arrive on wings and leave on foot.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

SubjectAuthor
* "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko KloosLynn McGuire
`* Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloosted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
 `* Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko KloosLynn McGuire
  +* Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko KloosDorothy J Heydt
  |`- Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko KloosLynn McGuire
  `- Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloosted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

1
"Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<tjmp10$o63$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81219&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81219

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 16:06:39 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 21:06 UTC

"Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
https://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-Palladium-Wars-Marko-Kloos/dp/1542043530/

Book number one of a three book military science fiction series. I read
the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by 47North in
2021. I have ordered books two and three in the series from Amazon. I
suspect that there will be more books in the series as there are eight
books in his Frontlines series.

The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance, the Rhodians, the
Palladians, the Oceanans, the Acherons, and the Hadeans of the Gaia
system several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
being paid as war reparations is breeding continual resentment against
the Alliance.

The author has a website at:
https://www.markokloos.com/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (3,914 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<js8b2eFnqm3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81220&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81220

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
Date: 30 Oct 2022 22:10:22 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 22:10 UTC

In article <tjmp10$o63$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
>
>https://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-Palladium-Wars-Marko-Kloos/dp/1542043530/
>
>Book number one of a three book military science fiction series. I read
>the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by 47North in
>2021. I have ordered books two and three in the series from Amazon. I
>suspect that there will be more books in the series as there are eight
>books in his Frontlines series.
>
>The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance, the Rhodians, the
>Palladians, the Oceanans, the Acherons, and the Hadeans of the Gaia
>system several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
>expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
>decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
>being paid as war reparations is breeding continual resentment against
>the Alliance.

Are these human polities? Or some human, some other? Also, what are "ags"?
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<tjnecu$1d1e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81228&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81228

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 22:11:25 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 03:11 UTC

On 10/30/2022 5:10 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <tjmp10$o63$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-Palladium-Wars-Marko-Kloos/dp/1542043530/
>>
>> Book number one of a three book military science fiction series. I read
>> the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by 47North in
>> 2021. I have ordered books two and three in the series from Amazon. I
>> suspect that there will be more books in the series as there are eight
>> books in his Frontlines series.
>>
>> The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance, the Rhodians, the
>> Palladians, the Oceanans, the Acherons, and the Hadeans of the Gaia
>> system several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
>> expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
>> decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
>> being paid as war reparations is breeding continual resentment against
>> the Alliance.
>>

> Are these human polities? Or some human, some other? Also, what are "ags"?

They are humans long since left Earth and Sol. Over 500 years ago.

Ags are a monetary unit of measure, similar to the dollar.

Lynn

Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<rKLLyJ.GJH@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81232&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81232

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 03:35:07 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 03:35 UTC

In article <tjnecu$1d1e$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 10/30/2022 5:10 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <tjmp10$o63$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-Palladium-Wars-Marko-Kloos/dp/1542043530/
>>>
>>> Book number one of a three book military science fiction series. I read
>>> the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by 47North in
>>> 2021. I have ordered books two and three in the series from Amazon. I
>>> suspect that there will be more books in the series as there are eight
>>> books in his Frontlines series.
>>>
>>> The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance, the Rhodians, the
>>> Palladians, the Oceanans, the Acherons, and the Hadeans of the Gaia
>>> system several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
>>> expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
>>> decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
>>> being paid as war reparations is breeding continual resentment against
>>> the Alliance.
>>>

>> Are these human polities? Or some human, some other? Also, what are "ags"?
>
>They are humans long since left Earth and Sol. Over 500 years ago.
>
>Ags are a monetary unit of measure, similar to the dollar.

(Hal Heydt)
Currency based on silver?

Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<js8ukrFqm4jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81233&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81233

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 31 Oct 2022 03:44:27 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 03:44 UTC

In article <tjnecu$1d1e$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 10/30/2022 5:10 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <tjmp10$o63$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-Palladium-Wars-Marko-Kloos/dp/1542043530/
>>>
>>> Book number one of a three book military science fiction series. I read
>>> the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by 47North in
>>> 2021. I have ordered books two and three in the series from Amazon. I
>>> suspect that there will be more books in the series as there are eight
>>> books in his Frontlines series.
>>>
>>> The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance, the Rhodians, the
>>> Palladians, the Oceanans, the Acherons, and the Hadeans of the Gaia
>>> system several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
>>> expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
>>> decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
>>> being paid as war reparations is breeding continual resentment against
>>> the Alliance.
>>>

>> Are these human polities? Or some human, some other? Also, what are "ags"?
>
>They are humans long since left Earth and Sol. Over 500 years ago.
>
>Ags are a monetary unit of measure, similar to the dollar.
>
>Lynn

Thanks!
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Aftershocks (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos

<tjnjuh$s92$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81234&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81234

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 23:46:08 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 04:46 UTC

On 10/30/2022 10:35 PM, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article <tjnecu$1d1e$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/30/2022 5:10 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

>>> Are these human polities? Or some human, some other? Also, what are "ags"?
>>
>> They are humans long since left Earth and Sol. Over 500 years ago.
>>
>> Ags are a monetary unit of measure, similar to the dollar.
>
> (Hal Heydt)
> Currency based on silver?

Coincidence. Ags are virtual unit of currency, system wide.

Lynn