From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Ballistic (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 16:23:39 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 21:23 UTC

"Ballistic (The Palladium Wars)" by Marko Kloos
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1542090075/

Book number two of a three book military science fiction series. I read
the well printed and well bound POD (print on demand) trade paperback
published by 47North in 2020. I am now reading book three in the
series. I suspect that there will be more books in the series as there
are eight books in his Frontlines series.

The Gretians lost the system wide war to the Alliance of the Gaia system
several years ago. With a half million dead and trillions of ags
expended, feelings still run high even though it has been almost two
decades since the armistice. And the fifteen percent of Gretia GDP
being paid as war reparations and the Alliance occupation of Gretia are
breeding continual resentment against the Alliance.

Somebody is fomenting terrorist incidents on the ground in Gretia and in
the Gaia system using piracy. And now nuclear weapons are involved.
BTW, the series reminds me a lot of the time period on Earth between WWI
and WWII.

The author has a website at:
https://www.markokloos.com/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (3,653 reviews)

Lynn