Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein,alt.books.arthur.clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Thoughts on "Saturn Run" by John Sandford & Ctein
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:18:47 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 22:18 UTC

I find this book very enjoyable. I'm appreciating the 'hard'
science, and most of the people.

I have been having fits lately with my computer, or my computer failed,
and my new on does not like Thunderbird, so threw it off and away. Grrr.
So I do not know if anyone has posted about this book already.

Saturn Run – February 7, 2017
by John Sandford (Author), Ctein

the amazon cite is
https://www.amazon.com/Saturn-Run-John-Sandford/dp/1101987529

They say you can get a used copy delivered to your door for
$5.44.
This cite also has a "Look Inside" feature, so you can
just for free read the first engrossing 28 pages.
You might get sucked in as much as I did! (or not??)

Fans of The Martian will enjoy this extraordinary new thriller of the
future from #1 New York Times bestselling and Pulitzer Prize–winning
author John Sandford and internationally known photo-artist and science
fiction aficionado Ctein.

In 2066, a Caltech intern notices an anomaly from a space
telescope—something is approaching Saturn, and decelerating. Space
objects don’t decelerate. Spaceships do...

Professional Reviewers seem as impressed as I am!

“A terrific story of alien first contact. It’s a book Michael Crichton
would have enjoyed, but never could have written...With the able
partnership of Ctein, it’s fast, scientifically believable, and peopled
by characters who become good friends. Fans of Lucas Davenport and
Virgil Flowers will eat this up.”—Stephen King

“Three things to now: First, I’m the world’s biggest John Sandford fan.
Second: I saw this book and thought... What? Third: I needn’t have
worried. It’s vintage Sandford all the way, with all his trademark
strengths and insights, except set in the future, not the present. You
won’t be disappointed.”—Lee Child

“Utterly captivating!...the heart of a breakneck thriller and the mind
of the best science fiction (Bradbury and Heinlein come to mind)....
Sandford and Ctein have brilliantly pulled off the difficult task of
making a very different world familiar, proving that a born storyteller
is a storyteller, whether he sets his books on mean streets or in deep
space. I, for one, want more.”—Jeffrey Deaver

About the Author
John Sandford is the author of twenty-five Prey novels, most recently
Gathering Prey, eight Virgil Flowers novels, and eight other books,
including the young adult novels Uncaged and Outraged, written with
Michelle Cook. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

But, the Amazon customer reviews only show it at 4.1.

One reviewer has this to say
Mal Warwick
TOP 500 REVIEWER
4.0 out of 5 stars
H.G. Wells in War of the Worlds, Steven Spielberg in Close Encounters of
the Third Kind, and countless other authors and filmmakers have imagined
what First Contact with an alien race might be like. Get ready now for
Saturn Run by John Sandford and Ctein, which paints a picture that’s
entirely different from anything else you’re likely to have come across.

This book is full of surprises — so many that merely to summarize the
plot would be to spoil the story. Suffice it to say that this tale,
which begins in the year 2067, describes humanity’s first contact with
civilization from beyond the Solar System. However, Saturn Run is “hard”
science fiction, based on proven science and engineering, with as little
speculation as possible.

the goodreads review is at
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24611668-saturn-run
Their readers rate it at - 3.9/5

Some of the review there are pretty interesting.
Audible.com
88% liked this book
Google users
"The year is 2066. A Caltech intern inadvertently notices an anomaly
from a space telescope--something is approaching Saturn, and
decelerating. Space objects don't decelerate. Spaceships do. ... Google
Books
Originally published: October 6, 2015
Authors: Ctein, John Sandford

Re: Thoughts on "Saturn Run" by John Sandford & Ctein

<tk9tdb$3gkqm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81493&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81493

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein,alt.books.arthur.clarke
Subject: Re: Thoughts on "Saturn Run" by John Sandford & Ctein
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 03:18:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 03:18 UTC

a425couple wrote:

>I find this book very enjoyable. I'm appreciating the 'hard'
>science, and most of the people.

For all the quotes, I didn't really get much sense of what the book's
about other than it's a first-contact story.

Brian