"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..." -- Hunter S. Thompson

arts / rec.arts.comics.strips / Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

SubjectAuthor
* Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantLynn McGuire
+* Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantDefault User
|`* Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantNinapenda Jibini
| +- Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultantted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
| `* Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantDefault User
|  +- Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantNinapenda Jibini
|  `* Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantThomas Koenig
|   `- Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantPaul S Person
`- Re: Dilbert: Teenage ConsultantLynn McGuire

1
Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<thsipj$ri6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8152&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8152

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 14:24:33 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 19:24 UTC

Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-10-08

Scott Adams went there. I suspect that a few more newspapers will drop
him. Or not, I wonder how many are left.

Lynn

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<tht9rt$d859$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8154&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8154

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:58:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:58 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

>Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
> https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-10-08
>
>Scott Adams went there. I suspect that a few more newspapers will
>drop him. Or not, I wonder how many are left.

I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the Lee
Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as part of the
recent move to regularize the comics lineup.

I don't why that one didn't make the cut. Only Andrews McMeel syndicate
strips made it, which Dilbert is one, but it might have been cost.

Brian

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<XnsAF2AC88B6820Ataustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8155&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8155

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 02:42:55 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 02:42 UTC

"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>>Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
>> https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-10-08
>>
>>Scott Adams went there. I suspect that a few more newspapers
>>will drop him. Or not, I wonder how many are left.
>
> I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the
> Lee Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as part
> of the recent move to regularize the comics lineup.
>
> I don't why that one didn't make the cut. Only Andrews McMeel
> syndicate strips made it, which Dilbert is one, but it might
> have been cost.

Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if it's
a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for him, but
if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah, there will be . .
.. trouble.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<jqes8qFq178U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8156&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8156

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: 9 Oct 2022 03:08:10 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:08 UTC

In article <XnsAF2AC88B6820Ataustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>,
Ninapenda Jibini <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>
>>>Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
>>> https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-10-08
>>>
>>>Scott Adams went there. I suspect that a few more newspapers
>>>will drop him. Or not, I wonder how many are left.
>>
>> I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the
>> Lee Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as part
>> of the recent move to regularize the comics lineup.
>>
>> I don't why that one didn't make the cut. Only Andrews McMeel
>> syndicate strips made it, which Dilbert is one, but it might
>> have been cost.
>>
>Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if it's
>a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for him, but
>if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah, there will be . .
>. trouble.
>
>--
>Terry Austin

I think it pretty clearly is. However, the general concept is good.
"Sally Forth" author Ces Marciuliano did an amusing series of
"Teenage Girl President" strips on his own website some years back.
(Though his art shows why he gets hired to *write* strips).

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/teenage-girl-president-archives/
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<thte42$digp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8157&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8157

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:10:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:10 UTC

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

>"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the
>> Lee Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as part
>> of the recent move to regularize the comics lineup.

>Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if it's
>a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for him, but
>if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah, there will be . .
>. trouble.

Oh, hmm. Yeah, maybe. It hadn't occurred to me and I don't know how
many reading the comics will think of that either. She hasn't been in
the news much lately.

Brian

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<XnsAF2B3C744523Dtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8166&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8166

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 12:56:34 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:56 UTC

> Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
>
>>"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>>> I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the
>>> Lee Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as
>>> part of the recent move to regularize the comics lineup.
>
>>Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if
>>it's a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for
>>him, but if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah,
>>there will be . . . trouble.
>
> Oh, hmm. Yeah, maybe. It hadn't occurred to me and I don't know
> how many reading the comics will think of that either. She
> hasn't been in the news much lately.

Whether or not Adams intends it that way doesn't really matter. Only
whether or not the woke crowd decides he means it that way, since
they obviously know more about what he means than he does (just ask
them).

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<ti59vh$1ah0d$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8182&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8182

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:49:20 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 02:49 UTC

On 10/8/2022 2:24 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Dilbert: Teenage Consultant
>    https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-10-08
>
> Scott Adams went there.  I suspect that a few more newspapers will drop
> him.  Or not, I wonder how many are left.
>
> Lynn

Sept 22, 2022 article (before this comic)
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dilbert-comic-dropped-by-nearly-80-newspapers

"Satirical office comic strip “Dilbert” has been dropped by almost 80
newspapers, its creator said this week. Scott Adams, who has been
writing and illustrating the beloved cartoon since 1989, announced the
brutal cut on social media. “Dilbert was cancelled in 77 newspapers this
week,” Adams tweeted, later adding that “one large chain” was
responsible for the move. It appears that the cartoon has been caught up
in wider changes being made by Lee Enterprises, which is said to be
scaling back cartoon pages from its publications. Some have suggested
that the cuts to the strip could have to do with Adams’ political
views—but Adams himself has lampooned the idea. Sharing a link to an
article headlined “Was Dilbert ‘Cancelled’ as Comic Creator Scott Adams
Suggests?” Adams tweeted Wednesday: “All fake news here but funny.”"

Lynn

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<tihqqt$1oqab$3@newsreader4.netcologne.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8206&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8206

From: tkoe...@netcologne.de (Thomas Koenig)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 20:50:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Thomas Koenig - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 20:50 UTC

Default User <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> schrieb:
> Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
>
>>"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>>> I don't see that as big concern for papers. Of course, all the
>>> Lee Enterprise papers dropped at least the Sunday strip as part
>>> of the recent move to regularize the comics lineup.
>
>>Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if it's
>>a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for him, but
>>if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah, there will be . .
>>. trouble.
>
> Oh, hmm. Yeah, maybe. It hadn't occurred to me and I don't know how
> many reading the comics will think of that either. She hasn't been in
> the news much lately.

She was over here, for recommending nuclear power.

Re: Dilbert: Teenage Consultant

<r1uqkhtgplut98hvbnnr8gj2qf40f5t6up@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8209&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8209

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:44:20 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 15:44 UTC

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 20:50:37 -0000 (UTC), Thomas Koenig
<tkoenig@netcologne.de> wrote:

>Default User <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> schrieb:
>> Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
>>
>>>"Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>>Given Adams' other political screeds, I can't help but wonder if it's
>>>a dig at Greta Thunberg. Rather more subtle than usual for him, but
>>>if the woke crowd decides that's what it is, yeah, there will be . .
>>>. trouble.
>>
>> Oh, hmm. Yeah, maybe. It hadn't occurred to me and I don't know how
>> many reading the comics will think of that either. She hasn't been in
>> the news much lately.
>
>She was over here, for recommending nuclear power.

In someone else's neighborhood -- indeed, country -- no doubt.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian