From: jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: [translation] The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke Natsukawa (Translated by Louise Heal Kawai)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 14:41:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 14:41 UTC

The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke Natsukawa
(Translated by Louise Heal Kawai)

A bereaved teen is drawn into a talking cat's scheme to save
books ... from their misbehaving owners.

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/sailing-toward-the-future

Re: [translation] The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke Natsukawa (Translated by Louise Heal Kawai)

<robertaw-9173B9.09454716112022@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=81891&group=rec.arts.sf.written#81891

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 09:45:47 -0800
 by: Robert Woodward - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 17:45 UTC

In article <tl2sqd$r0e$1@reader2.panix.com>,
jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:

> The Cat Who Saved Books: A Novel by Sosuke Natsukawa
> (Translated by Louise Heal Kawai)
>
> A bereaved teen is drawn into a talking cat's scheme to save
> books ... from their misbehaving owners.
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/sailing-toward-the-future

I do reread books (if only to check if my YASID reply is correct).
What's that? The books I haven't and won't read? I am keeping them out
of circulation to protect innocent minds who might accidentally stumble
into them in used bookstores (yes, those books are BAD, probably
shouldn't have been published in the first place). I made the mistake of
buying them in the first place; it is my duty to save other people from
making the same mistake.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com