Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The G1 Season Two Intro We NEVER Got
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 00:33 UTC

So I found this on TikTok, of all places, and I haven't seen anybody anywhere talking about it. But it's a crazy piece of Transformers cartoon history, and a look at what might have been.

https://www.tiktok.com/@lastautobot/video/7285144295273696554

It's basically a less dynamic attempt at a season two theme song, probably storyboarded after they started working on The Transformers: the Movie, as it features almost all the characters who would eventually appear in season two.

I'll describe if you really don't want to watch the TikTok: Optimus is driving along in truck mode, when the Decepticons (including Thrust) use the Sun as cover for an aerial attack. They strafe a bunch of cars on the ground (Tracks, Smokescreen, etc.) who take cover in a dark tunnel, and Sideswipe and the others ready their weapons and strike back. We watch as the Ark and Nemesis rocket away from Cybertron. On Earth, Megatron leads a huge contingent of Decepticons through the air. Blitzwing is struck with a missile. Grimlock in T. rex mode leads the other Dinobots into battle. Omega Supreme, in defense base mode, switches to robot form. Megatron is chasing Spike but is met by the full fury of the entire Autobot group, including Skyfire. Megatron retreats. Spike sits atop the shoulders of Optimus Prime, triumphant, and we get a "family portrait" of the Autobot cast before the logo appears.

This version of the theme song features the Dinobots and Omega Supreme, but I wonder if somebody at Hasbro didn't like it and wanted more Insecticons or more Triple Changers or something like that. It's not awful, but the second season title sequence that we eventually got is so outstanding and iconic that I can't imagine anything else being used in its place.

Zob (I can't believe I'm just barely finding out about this)

Re: The G1 Season Two Intro We NEVER Got

<52b3408c-0916-4492-9145-096f62d5ab9cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8433&group=alt.toys.transformers#8433

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The G1 Season Two Intro We NEVER Got
From: simon.le...@gmail.com (Simon Letch)
 by: Simon Letch - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 02:39 UTC

On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 01:33:45 UTC+1, Zobovor wrote:
> So I found this on TikTok, of all places, and I haven't seen anybody anywhere talking about it. But it's a crazy piece of Transformers cartoon history, and a look at what might have been.
>
> https://www.tiktok.com/@lastautobot/video/7285144295273696554
>
> It's basically a less dynamic attempt at a season two theme song, probably storyboarded after they started working on The Transformers: the Movie, as it features almost all the characters who would eventually appear in season two.
>
> I'll describe if you really don't want to watch the TikTok: Optimus is driving along in truck mode, when the Decepticons (including Thrust) use the Sun as cover for an aerial attack. They strafe a bunch of cars on the ground (Tracks, Smokescreen, etc.) who take cover in a dark tunnel, and Sideswipe and the others ready their weapons and strike back. We watch as the Ark and Nemesis rocket away from Cybertron. On Earth, Megatron leads a huge contingent of Decepticons through the air. Blitzwing is struck with a missile. Grimlock in T. rex mode leads the other Dinobots into battle. Omega Supreme, in defense base mode, switches to robot form. Megatron is chasing Spike but is met by the full fury of the entire Autobot group, including Skyfire. Megatron retreats. Spike sits atop the shoulders of Optimus Prime, triumphant, and we get a "family portrait" of the Autobot cast before the logo appears.
>
> This version of the theme song features the Dinobots and Omega Supreme, but I wonder if somebody at Hasbro didn't like it and wanted more Insecticons or more Triple Changers or something like that. It's not awful, but the second season title sequence that we eventually got is so outstanding and iconic that I can't imagine anything else being used in its place.
>

> Zob (I can't believe I'm just barely finding out about this)

Whoever this is on tiktok, this is my editing job they've ganked:

https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/2023/09/transformers-storyboards-unused.html

Re: The G1 Season Two Intro We NEVER Got

<8e2b408d-4df3-41f8-a0e9-b8b4a3bdb02bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8438&group=alt.toys.transformers#8438

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 19:38:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 02:38 UTC

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 8:39:33 PM UTC-6, Simon Letch wrote:

> Whoever this is on tiktok, this is my editing job they've ganked

Oh, my apologies. Didn't know. Credit where credit is due!

If it makes you feel better, I've seen my content recycled on TikTok, too. It just seems to be a thing people do.

Zob (thievery is the order of the day)

Re: The G1 Season Two Intro We NEVER Got

<2eb16f9b-05c2-48d6-bda0-3bb738d66b02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8443&group=alt.toys.transformers#8443

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:08:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: kernowm...@gmail.com (Velvet Glove)
 by: Velvet Glove - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 19:08 UTC

On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:39:33 AM UTC+1, Simon Letch wrote:
> Whoever this is on tiktok, this is my editing job they've ganked:
>
> https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/2023/09/transformers-storyboards-unused.html

Oh, cool! I hadn't noticed the update with all the new storyboards yet. Thank you for these little storyboard videos you do... it's always fun to see them like that.

Velvet Glove (who tends to visit regularly for script referencing but forgets to look at the blog updates)