From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 23:29:01 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 05:29 UTC

"The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
https://www.amazon.com/Eternity-Symbiote-Cedar-Sanderson/dp/0615998682/

A standalone science fiction first contact book, no prequel or sequel
that I know of. I read the well printed and well bound POD (print on
demand) trade paperback published by Stonycroft Publishing in 2014. I
would like to read a sequel or two for the book but I cannot find any.

Gabrielle McGregor flies a couple of men out to a remote location in
Alaska to meet a third man. They pick up the third man, who turns out
to be her estranged husband, who found a piece of a crashed alien
spacecraft. They then take off to return to the small airport that she
left earlier. But on the way there, the alien artifact explodes and
their plane goes down into the Alaskan wilderness.

The book is fairly rough but the story is interesting. And there is
kind of a cliffhanger.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 3.4 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson

<ttc6ph$2g8pe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=85512&group=rec.arts.sf.written#85512

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 23:36:48 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 05:36 UTC

On 2/24/2023 11:29 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
>    https://www.amazon.com/Eternity-Symbiote-Cedar-Sanderson/dp/0615998682/
>
> A standalone science fiction first contact book, no prequel or sequel
> that I know of.  I read the well printed and well bound POD (print on
> demand) trade paperback published by Stonycroft Publishing in 2014.  I
> would like to read a sequel or two for the book but I cannot find any.
>
> Gabrielle McGregor flies a couple of men out to a remote location in
> Alaska to meet a third man.  They pick up the third man, who turns out
> to be her estranged husband, who found a piece of a crashed alien
> spacecraft.  They then take off to return to the small airport that she
> left earlier.  But on the way there, the alien artifact explodes and
> their plane goes down into the Alaskan wilderness.
>
> The book is fairly rough but the story is interesting.  And there is
> kind of a cliffhanger.
>
> My rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating:  3.4 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)
>
> Lynn

The author has a website at:
http://www.cedarwrites.com/

Lynn

Re: "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson

<1483a944-1ac1-4895-91bb-33c961b7fddfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=85516&group=rec.arts.sf.written#85516

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 05:21:06 -0800 (PST)
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 13:21 UTC

On Saturday, 25 February 2023 at 05:29:07 UTC, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
> https://www.amazon.com/Eternity-Symbiote-Cedar-Sanderson/dp/0615998682/
>
> A standalone science fiction first contact book, no prequel or sequel
> that I know of. I read the well printed and well bound POD (print on
> demand) trade paperback published by Stonycroft Publishing in 2014. I
> would like to read a sequel or two for the book but I cannot find any.
>
> Gabrielle McGregor flies a couple of men out to a remote location in
> Alaska to meet a third man. They pick up the third man, who turns out
> to be her estranged husband, who found a piece of a crashed alien
> spacecraft. They then take off to return to the small airport that she
> left earlier. But on the way there, the alien artifact explodes and
> their plane goes down into the Alaskan wilderness.

While President Obama welcomes our new alien overlords,
apparently (the other reviews say).

Another review says that the aeroplane crashes due to a bird
strike. Not why the first spaceship crashes, unless that reader
was confused.

Mainly I clicked to find out why the book is called
_The Eternity Symbiote_. There is a symbiote, and
the people on the plane have it, or them. Eternity?
Dunno.

It's slightly like Captain America's origin, where in 1941
he was the first candidate who was treated successfully
with Super Soldier Serum. It's also slightly like 1968 TV
show <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Champions>

> The book is fairly rough but the story is interesting. And there is
> kind of a cliffhanger.
>
> My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating: 3.4 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)
>
> Lynn

Re: "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson

<tte5v6$2mh8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=85541&group=rec.arts.sf.written#85541

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 17:34:59 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:34 UTC

On 2/25/2023 7:21 AM, Robert Carnegie wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 February 2023 at 05:29:07 UTC, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> "The Eternity Symbiote" by Cedar Sanderson
>> https://www.amazon.com/Eternity-Symbiote-Cedar-Sanderson/dp/0615998682/
>>
>> A standalone science fiction first contact book, no prequel or sequel
>> that I know of. I read the well printed and well bound POD (print on
>> demand) trade paperback published by Stonycroft Publishing in 2014. I
>> would like to read a sequel or two for the book but I cannot find any.
>>
>> Gabrielle McGregor flies a couple of men out to a remote location in
>> Alaska to meet a third man. They pick up the third man, who turns out
>> to be her estranged husband, who found a piece of a crashed alien
>> spacecraft. They then take off to return to the small airport that she
>> left earlier. But on the way there, the alien artifact explodes and
>> their plane goes down into the Alaskan wilderness.
>
> While President Obama welcomes our new alien overlords,
> apparently (the other reviews say).
>
> Another review says that the aeroplane crashes due to a bird
> strike. Not why the first spaceship crashes, unless that reader
> was confused.
>
> Mainly I clicked to find out why the book is called
> _The Eternity Symbiote_. There is a symbiote, and
> the people on the plane have it, or them. Eternity?
> Dunno.
>
> It's slightly like Captain America's origin, where in 1941
> he was the first candidate who was treated successfully
> with Super Soldier Serum. It's also slightly like 1968 TV
> show <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Champions>
>
>> The book is fairly rough but the story is interesting. And there is
>> kind of a cliffhanger.
>>
>> My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating: 3.4 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)
>>
>> Lynn

Yes on the Obama lookalike President surrendering to the second set of
aliens, the world enslavers.

Like I said, the book is fairly rough. It could use more editing. What
was first a bird strike through the plane windshield was followed by the
alien artifact breaking and dumping the enclosed nanovirus all over
them. The nanovirus infected all four people and killed one of them
with his injuries from the broken windshield. The nanovirus was a gift
to humanity from the first set of aliens, the world greeters. But their
spaceship lander had crashed in the Alaskan wilderness. Spaceships
crash, life sucks.

The alien nanovirus creates the symbiote in humans. But transferring
the aliens symbiote directly between humans is incredibly dangerous.

Will I read the book again ? Yes. Will I desire a sequel even though
the chance is low? Yes. I judged the book on its story by itself.

Lynn