Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:07:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: My fiction: Marx Space Guys adventure tech and alternate history
From: davidnbr...@gmail.com (David Brown)
 by: David Brown - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 00:07 UTC

I ended up doubling these again, the latest two installments of my Space Guys rocket punk adventure. The first is finally laying out some weapons and other tech. The second is just dumping out back story and alternate universe pop culture. Here's a few scenarios I've developed.

1. With regard to WW2, I came up with the scenario that the Allied offensives of 1944 are unsuccessful or not attempted (most believable without equivalents of Kursk and/ or Stalingrad). The alternative I came up with is that the Allies have to advance into Germany by southern routes, with the overall point being that the Reich never had the resources to cover themselves on every front.

2. I also fleshed out an alternate history scenario that largely corresponds to what was occasionally attempted by middle/ upper class African Americans through the 1940s: Gather in semi insulated communities and use segregation laws to keep "white" troublemakers out. My scenarios from there are unfortunately in line with what usually happened.

3. One more thing is that I tried developing an alternate history of the comic book industry, where the characters get used for progressive media and propaganda, based on a now famous Superman publication.

https://trendytroodon.blogspot.com/2023/02/fiction-space-guys-adventure-part-18.html
https://trendytroodon.blogspot.com/2023/03/fiction-space-guys-adventure-part-19.html

David N. Brown
Mesa, Arizona