From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: YASID about alien contact that almost destroys humanity
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:31:01 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:31 UTC

YASID from
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/contact/

"Hello, I read a book years ago and am trying to find it again.
Here is the premise…

Earth was starting to settle and explore far space.
A species finds us and in no time almost eradicates us except for some
far-flung pockets of survivors.
The species takes over Earth and every place we have been.

Over millennia the remaining humans breed a super species of earthlings
(star kings?) who become so powerful they fight with the aliens and
destroy them all.

We then find out all this was planned by a far superior species who was
fighting a war, that has been going on for many thousands of years and
arranged all this, to develop a species of warriors to help them fight
their war on the far side of the universe.

I thought the first chapter started with “the star kings are gone” and
then went into the story above."

I do not remember anything like this.

Lynn

Re: YASID about alien contact that almost destroys humanity

<k8mmrrF8oafU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=86961&group=rec.arts.sf.written#86961

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 31 Mar 2023 00:12:43 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 00:12 UTC

In article <u0563l$13acf$2@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>YASID from
> https://best-sci-fi-books.com/contact/
>
>"Hello, I read a book years ago and am trying to find it again.
>Here is the premise…
>
>Earth was starting to settle and explore far space.
>A species finds us and in no time almost eradicates us except for some
>far-flung pockets of survivors.
>The species takes over Earth and every place we have been.
>
>Over millennia the remaining humans breed a super species of earthlings
>(star kings?) who become so powerful they fight with the aliens and
>destroy them all.
>
>We then find out all this was planned by a far superior species who was
>fighting a war, that has been going on for many thousands of years and
>arranged all this, to develop a species of warriors to help them fight
>their war on the far side of the universe.
>
>I thought the first chapter started with “the star kings are gone” and
>then went into the story above."
>
>I do not remember anything like this.
>
>Lynn

_Crown of Infinity_, John M. Faucette
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: YASID about alien contact that almost destroys humanity

<2347b573-a2b8-4a15-85a9-e26dff230fean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=86968&group=rec.arts.sf.written#86968

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 02:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 09:37 UTC

On Friday, 31 March 2023 at 01:12:48 UTC+1, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <u0563l$13acf$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >YASID from
> > https://best-sci-fi-books.com/contact/
> >
> >"Hello, I read a book years ago and am trying to find it again.
> >Here is the premise…
> >
> >Earth was starting to settle and explore far space.
> >A species finds us and in no time almost eradicates us except for some
> >far-flung pockets of survivors.
> >The species takes over Earth and every place we have been.
> >
> >Over millennia the remaining humans breed a super species of earthlings
> >(star kings?) who become so powerful they fight with the aliens and
> >destroy them all.
> >
> >We then find out all this was planned by a far superior species who was
> >fighting a war, that has been going on for many thousands of years and
> >arranged all this, to develop a species of warriors to help them fight
> >their war on the far side of the universe.
> >
> >I thought the first chapter started with “the star kings are gone” and
> >then went into the story above."
> >
> >I do not remember anything like this.
> >
> >Lynn
> >

> _Crown of Infinity_, John M. Faucette

There's one substantial spoiling description by "Fred D" here
<https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/5026857>
with some differences. Maybe due to passage of time
and to what each person chooses and don't choose to
remember and to mention.

"Comments are closed" (for me) at that Best Sci FI Books
page - since 2016 - but the asker has a somewhat distinctive
name to find online. They might have got the answer
already - elsewhere.

I think "Daryl" was looking for the secret of immortality
in a Larry Niven story, but finding it and then him is
more difficult.