The end of labor is to gain leisure.

arts / rec.arts.comics.strips / Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

SubjectAuthor
* Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaLynn McGuire
+* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaJohn W Kennedy
|`* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaScott Lurndal
| `* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaThe Horny Goat
|  +- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaMark Jackson
|  `* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaJohn W Kennedy
|   +- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizzated@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
|   +- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaYour Name
|   `* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaYour Name
|    `- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaLynn McGuire
+* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaBCFD36
|`* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaYour Name
| `* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaJohn W Kennedy
|  `* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaYour Name
|   `- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaJohn W Kennedy
`* Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaDefault User
 `- Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on PizzaPaul S Person

1
Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tn064o$1ag2p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8698&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8698

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 14:34:31 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 20:34 UTC

Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09

No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !

Lynn

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<QamcnW9MaumhLw7-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8699&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8699

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 17:10:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
 by: John W Kennedy - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 22:10 UTC

On 12/9/22 3:34 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Pearls Before Swine:  Pineapple on Pizza
>    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>
> No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>
> Lynn

I usually go with straight pepperoni, but when I’m at Matsos Family
Restaurant in Wooster, OH, I generally get their Hawaiian Punch pie.

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tn0dib$1h0e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8700&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8700

From: bcf...@cruzio.com (BCFD36)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 14:41:15 -0800
 by: BCFD36 - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 22:41 UTC

On 12/9/22 12:34, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Pearls Before Swine:  Pineapple on Pizza
>    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>
> No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>
> Lynn

You can put pineapple on pizza, and it is very good. But in no longer
pizza. It is something else. The same with artichokes and other whatnot.
No longer pizza.
--
Dave Scruggs
Captain, Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<yTPkL.5261$9sn9.824@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8704&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8704

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 23:53 UTC

John W Kennedy <john.w.kennedy@gmail.com> writes:
>On 12/9/22 3:34 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Pearls Before Swine:  Pineapple on Pizza
>>    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>>
>> No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>>
>> Lynn
>
>I usually go with straight pepperoni, but when I’m at Matsos Family
>Restaurant in Wooster, OH, I generally get their Hawaiian Punch pie.

Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
tastey pizza topping.

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tn145s$eg6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8705&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8705

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 18:07:08 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 05:07 UTC

On 2022-12-09 22:41:15 +0000, BCFD36 said:
> On 12/9/22 12:34, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>
>> Pearls Before Swine:  Pineapple on Pizza
>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>>
>> No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>>
>> Lynn
>
> You can put pineapple on pizza, and it is very good. But in no longer
> pizza. It is something else. The same with artichokes and other
> whatnot. No longer pizza.

There's no such definition or what can and connot be put on top.
According to various places:

Pizza: A dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread
with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and
cheese and often other toppings and baked.

If it's a yeasted flatbread with sauce and toppings, it's a pizza.

You don't even need cheese ... thankfuly, since cheese is disgusting. :-p

A pizza without cheese is today recognized as one of the
three official authentic Neapolitan pizzas and is called
pizza marinara.

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tn1b3u$1ju1e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8707&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8707

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 07:05:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 07:05 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

>Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>
>No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !

That's one of those that I don't mind, but I don't go out of my way to
each. The only topping I won't eat is onions. If those are on a pizza,
I just pass.

Brian

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<hef9phd93giu0sp6dhvod1r4n0ccdhka21@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8713&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8713

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 09:15:05 -0800
 by: Paul S Person - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 17:15 UTC

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 07:05:34 -0000 (UTC), "Default User"
<defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>>Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza
>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>>
>>No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>
>That's one of those that I don't mind, but I don't go out of my way to
>each. The only topping I won't eat is onions. If those are on a pizza,
>I just pass.

Back when the issue occasionally came up, I /never/ passed on a pizza,
no matter what it had on it.

In Germany in the mid-70s I "discovered" the "Pizzatasche", or "Pizza
Pocket". For a while, it was my favorite meal.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<u86cnTk5W8OinAj-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8715&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8715

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 16:59:27 -0500
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
 by: John W Kennedy - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:59 UTC

On 12/10/22 12:07 AM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-12-09 22:41:15 +0000, BCFD36 said:
>> On 12/9/22 12:34, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>>
>>> Pearls Before Swine:  Pineapple on Pizza
>>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/12/09
>>>
>>> No, ham and pineapple on pizza is the best !
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>> You can put pineapple on pizza, and it is very good. But in no longer
>> pizza. It is something else. The same with artichokes and other
>> whatnot. No longer pizza.
>
> There's no such definition or what can and connot be put on top.
> According to various places:
>
>    Pizza: A dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread
>           with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and
>           cheese and often other toppings and baked.
>
>    If it's a yeasted flatbread with sauce and toppings, it's a pizza.
>

> You don't even need cheese ... thankfuly, since cheese is disgusting.  :-p
>
>    A pizza without cheese is today recognized as one of the
>    three official authentic Neapolitan pizzas and is called
>    pizza marinara.

And the tomatoes are Gianni-come-latelies. Street pizza goes back to at
least to ancient Rome, but tomato is a New-World crop.

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,
King Pellinore, Captain Bailey, Merlin -- A Kingdom for a Stage!

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tn373m$i5u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8717&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8717

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 13:09:26 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 00:09 UTC

On 2022-12-10 21:59:27 +0000, John W Kennedy said:
> On 12/10/22 12:07 AM, Your Name wrote:

>>> You can put pineapple on pizza, and it is very good. But in no longer
>>> pizza. It is something else. The same with artichokes and other
>>> whatnot. No longer pizza.
>>
>> There's no such definition or what can and connot be put on top.
>> According to various places:
>>
>>   Pizza: A dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread
>>   with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and
>>   cheese and often other toppings and baked.
>>
>>   If it's a yeasted flatbread with sauce and toppings, it's a pizza.
>>

>> You don't even need cheese ... thankfuly, since cheese is disgusting.  :-p
>>
>>   A pizza without cheese is today recognized as one of the
>> three official authentic Neapolitan pizzas and is called
>> pizza marinara.
>
> And the tomatoes are Gianni-come-latelies. Street pizza goes back to at
> least to ancient Rome, but tomato is a New-World crop.

Yep. Europeans even considered tomatoes to be toxic when they were
first brought back from South America. Tomatoes are part of the deadly
nightshade family and tomato leaves are indeed poisoness ... brings a
whole new meaning to the "killer tomatoes" movie franchise. ;-)

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<YP6cnTdAdZYHswv-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8725&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8725

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 14:25:14 -0500
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
 by: John W Kennedy - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 19:25 UTC

On 12/10/22 7:09 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-12-10 21:59:27 +0000, John W Kennedy said:

>>> There's no such definition or what can and connot be put on top.
>>> According to various places:
>>>
>>>     Pizza: A dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread
>>>            with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and
>>>            cheese and often other toppings and baked.
>>>
>>>     If it's a yeasted flatbread with sauce and toppings, it's a pizza.
>>>

>>> You don't even need cheese ... thankfuly, since cheese is
>>> disgusting.  :-p
>>>
>>>     A pizza without cheese is today recognized as one of the
>>>     three official authentic Neapolitan pizzas and is called
>>>     pizza marinara.
>>
>> And the tomatoes are Gianni-come-latelies. Street pizza goes back to
>> at least to ancient Rome, but tomato is a New-World crop.
>
> Yep. Europeans even considered tomatoes to be toxic when they were first
> brought back from South America. Tomatoes are part of the deadly
> nightshade family and tomato leaves are indeed poisoness ... brings a
> whole new meaning to the "killer tomatoes" movie franchise.  ;-)

Indeed, I had a great-great-grandmother who refused to eat tomatoes,
insisting that they were “poison”, and this was Brooklyn in the 1920s.

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,
King Pellinore, Captain Bailey, Merlin -- A Kingdom for a Stage!

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<seosqh1onr4n2ot2dbcadfb283d69ij6tn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8819&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8819

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:59:33 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 03:59 UTC

On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

>Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
>tastey pizza topping.

Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.

Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
as one of the better ginger ales)

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<k178liF94l0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8820&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8820

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 23:44:34 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 04:44 UTC

On 12/29/2022 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott
> Lurndal) wrote:
>
>> Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an tastey
>> pizza topping.
>
> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it
> both in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a
> difference.

It's to differentiate Canadian bacon from American bacon, which with our
usual cultural blindness we just call "bacon."

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/canadian-bacon-vs-bacon

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<8eqcnYDyf9LDtjL-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8825&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8825

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 13:18:06 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
 by: John W Kennedy - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:18 UTC

On 12/29/22 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
> wrote:
>
>> Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
>> tastey pizza topping.
>
> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
> in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.
>
> Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
> as one of the better ginger ales)

Canadian Bacon is back bacon. American Bacon is streaky rashers.

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,
King Pellinore, Captain Bailey, Merlin -- A Kingdom for a Stage!

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<k18pemFgbokU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8827&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8827

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: 30 Dec 2022 18:37:10 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:37 UTC

In article <8eqcnYDyf9LDtjL-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>,
John W Kennedy <john.w.kennedy@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 12/29/22 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
>>> tastey pizza topping.
>>
>> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
>> in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.
>>
>> Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
>> as one of the better ginger ales)
>
>Canadian Bacon is back bacon. American Bacon is streaky rashers.

Which would be a good band name if you put a 'The' in front!
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tonk3l$qkk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8828&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8828

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:10:13 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:10 UTC

On 2022-12-30 18:18:06 +0000, John W Kennedy said:
> On 12/29/22 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
>>> tastey pizza topping.
>>
>> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
>> in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.

It should depend on where the pig was born and/or what passport(s) it has. ;-)

>> Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
>> as one of the better ginger ales)
>
> Canadian Bacon is back bacon. American Bacon is streaky rashers.

American bacon vs real bacon
<https://i.stack.imgur.com/NtTmW.jpg>

Canadian bacon vs American bacon vs British bacon
<https://englishbreakfastsociety.com/style/images/art/BaconGuide.jpg>

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<tonk52$qkk$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8829&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8829

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:10:58 +1300

On 2022-12-30 18:18:06 +0000, John W Kennedy said:

> On 12/29/22 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 23:53:02 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut (Happy Joe's Special) make an
>>> tastey pizza topping.
>>
>> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
>> in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.
>>
>> Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
>> as one of the better ginger ales)
>
> Canadian Bacon is back bacon. American Bacon is streaky rashers.

But where on the pig does Kevin Bacon come from?? ;-)

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Pineapple on Pizza

<too432$qb7d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8831&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#8831

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 19:42:58 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 01:42 UTC

On 12/30/2022 3:10 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-12-30 18:18:06 +0000, John W Kennedy said:
>
>> On 12/29/22 10:59 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> Never have figured out how bacon gets a nationality. I've had it both
>>> in Canada and in California and didn't see much of a difference.
>>>
>>> Guess it's like applying a nationality to soft drinks (eg. Canada Dry
>>> as one of the better ginger ales)
>>
>> Canadian Bacon is back bacon. American Bacon is streaky rashers.
>
> But where on the pig does Kevin Bacon come from??   ;-)

The real stringy lean part of the pig.

Lynn