From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "The Last Dog on Earth" by Adrian J. Walker
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:17:59 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:17 UTC

"The Last Dog on Earth" by Adrian J. Walker
https://www.amazon.com/Last-Dog-Earth-Adrian-Walker/dp/1492673633/

A standalone alternate reality book, no prequel or sequel that I know
of. I read the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by
Sourcebooks Landmark in 2019. There was apparently a previous version
of the book published by Del Rey in 2017.

In an alternate reality, the United Kingdom was beset by a civil war
between the greens (army) and the purples (alt right) that peaked in
2021 when somebody exploded four small nuclear weapons in London. Most
people have escaped to the countryside by then but there were still a
few holdouts in London. London is a dangerous place since the purples
are still executing people that they believe are not fit to live in England.

Most of the book is a narration of either Reginald Hardy (Reg) or his
dog Lineker. Lineker calls himself the last dog on Earth because he has
not seen his old friends in Peckham Rye Park for over three years. BTW,
Lineker has a serious potty mouth.

My rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (682 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "The Last Dog on Earth" by Adrian J. Walker

<u170ev$17fg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=87281&group=rec.arts.sf.written#87281

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "The Last Dog on Earth" by Adrian J. Walker
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:23:10 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:23 UTC

On 4/12/2023 2:17 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "The Last Dog on Earth" by Adrian J. Walker
>    https://www.amazon.com/Last-Dog-Earth-Adrian-Walker/dp/1492673633/
>
> A standalone alternate reality book, no prequel or sequel that I know
> of.  I read the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by
> Sourcebooks Landmark in 2019.  There was apparently a previous version
> of the book published by Del Rey in 2017.
>
> In an alternate reality, the United Kingdom was beset by a civil war
> between the greens (army) and the purples (alt right) that peaked in
> 2021 when somebody exploded four small nuclear weapons in London.  Most
> people have escaped to the countryside by then but there were still a
> few holdouts in London.  London is a dangerous place since the purples
> are still executing people that they believe are not fit to live in
> England.
>
> Most of the book is a narration of either Reginald Hardy (Reg) or his
> dog Lineker.  Lineker calls himself the last dog on Earth because he has
> not seen his old friends in Peckham Rye Park for over three years.  BTW,
> Lineker has a serious potty mouth.
>
> My rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating:  4.4 out of 5 stars (682 reviews)
>
> Lynn

The author has a website at:
https://www.adrianjwalker.com/

Lynn