It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy. -- Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

arts / alt.fan.heinlein / OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

SubjectAuthor
* OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Yearsa425couple
`* Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Yearsted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
 `* Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of DebaDefault User
  `* Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41Dimensional Traveler
   `* Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of DebaPaul S Person
    `- Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41Dimensional Traveler

1
OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<749fM.291879$qpNc.106558@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=874&group=alt.fan.heinlein#874

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years
Of Debate
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 16:25:55 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 23:25 UTC

How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate
BY PADRAIG COTTER PUBLISHED 21 HOURS AGO
After 41 years of denying that Blade Runner's Deckard was a
replicant, Harrison Ford has finally admitted he was. This changes
the movie in key ways.
Harrison Ford has finally confessed that Blade Runner's Deckard
IS a replicant, settling a debate that probably should never
have been settled. ------

read the full story at:
https://screenrant.com/blade-runner-movie-rick-deckard-replicant-confirmed-story-changes/

Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<ke4lacFglt3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=875&group=alt.fan.heinlein#875

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Of Debate
Date: 4 Jun 2023 23:33:32 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 23:33 UTC

In article <749fM.291879$qpNc.106558@fx03.iad>,
a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate
>BY PADRAIG COTTER PUBLISHED 21 HOURS AGO
>After 41 years of denying that Blade Runner's Deckard was a
>replicant, Harrison Ford has finally admitted he was. This changes
>the movie in key ways.
>Harrison Ford has finally confessed that Blade Runner's Deckard
>IS a replicant, settling a debate that probably should never
>have been settled. ------
>
>read the full story at:
>https://screenrant.com/blade-runner-movie-rick-deckard-replicant-confirmed-story-changes/

What an awful site! Jumps all over the place, never settles down and then
greys out.

But, what difference does it make what Ford thinks, or even Scott. If it's
ambiguous on-screen, it's ambiguous.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<u5jemh$44bh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=876&group=alt.fan.heinlein#876

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Subject: Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 01:44:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 01:44 UTC

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan wrote:

>What an awful site! Jumps all over the place, never settles down and
>then greys out.

If your browser supports Reader View, that helps tremendously.

>But, what difference does it make what Ford thinks, or even Scott.
>If it's ambiguous on-screen, it's ambiguous.

That was my thought. How would Ford know?

Brian

Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<u5jl72$8cos$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=877&group=alt.fan.heinlein#877

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Subject: Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41
Years Of Debate
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:36:06 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 03:36 UTC

On 6/4/2023 6:44 PM, Default User wrote:
> ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan wrote:
>
>> What an awful site! Jumps all over the place, never settles down and
>> then greys out.
>
> If your browser supports Reader View, that helps tremendously.
>
>> But, what difference does it make what Ford thinks, or even Scott.
>> If it's ambiguous on-screen, it's ambiguous.
>
> That was my thought. How would Ford know?

It would just be how he envisioned and acted the character in his own mind.

dirty old man.

Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<473s7ip1s9mljcn5ld592o4bbf0tnv655d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=878&group=alt.fan.heinlein#878

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 09:28:08 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:28 UTC

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:36:06 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 6/4/2023 6:44 PM, Default User wrote:
>> ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan wrote:
>>
>>> What an awful site! Jumps all over the place, never settles down and
>>> then greys out.
>>
>> If your browser supports Reader View, that helps tremendously.
>>
>>> But, what difference does it make what Ford thinks, or even Scott.
>>> If it's ambiguous on-screen, it's ambiguous.
>>
>> That was my thought. How would Ford know?
>>
>It would just be how he envisioned and acted the character in his own mind.

Unless there was a note in the treatment or script that indicated
this. /Not/ a part of the dialog, clearly.

Personally, I think he's confused.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Re: OTish - How Harrison Ford's Blade Runner Confession Changes 41 Years Of Debate

<u5lgb4$ef2o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=879&group=alt.fan.heinlein#879

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Years Of Debate
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:25:10 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 20:25 UTC

On 6/5/2023 9:28 AM, Paul S Person wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:36:06 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> If your browser supports Reader View, that helps tremendously.

>>> That was my thought. How would Ford know?
>>>
>> It would just be how he envisioned and acted the character in his own mind.
>
> Unless there was a note in the treatment or script that indicated
> this. /Not/ a part of the dialog, clearly.
>
> Personally, I think he's confused.

I've listened to enough commentaries on movie and TV show discs to have
learned that the actors tend to make up their own backgrounds and
personalities for characters they play because the scripts generally
don't get into much detail about those things. A lot of the actor doing
something and the director thinking "that's cool/good/interesting, we'll
go with that". Its a part of why the movie or episode you see often is
very different than what the script originally was.

dirty old man.