From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: New Heights of Absurdity
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 08:48:16 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 4 May 2023 15:48 UTC

An article
[https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2023/januaryfebruary/karen-kingsbury-productions-studio-books-novels-movies.html]
in /Christianity Today/ that I finally got around to had this in it:

"E. Stephen Burnett, cohost of the _Fantastical Truth_ podcast, hopes
that such shifts might create space for more evangelical fiction
genres to flourish. He likes science fiction, fantasy, and speculative
fiction."

Huh. I always thought that "speculative fiction" was an attempt to
erase the lines between SF and Fantasy. Apparently, in some quarters,
it is now a separate genre from its alleged components.

That's the problem with the drive to make everything the same: you end
up with meaningless semantic goo.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian