No use getting too involved in life -- you're only here for a limited time.

arts / alt.language.urdu.poetry / Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2Naseer
`* Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2Afzal A. Khan
 `- Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2Naseer

1
Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2

<1e55826d-020c-4bbd-a2c3-0ab242eba4c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=876&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#876

Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:31:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2
From: qures...@gmail.com (Naseer)
 by: Naseer - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:31 UTC

dostaan-i-giraamii,

As "ghar aayaa hamaaraa pardesii", that is to say Dinesh Shenoy SaaHib has returned to ALUP after such a long "banbaas", I would like to take this opportunity and add him to the list of "luminaries" who have made "ALUP-nagar" their home! I believe Dinesh SaaHib came to this nagrii around 1999. Perhaps he would be kind enough to make a response in this thread and then I shall make a correction, if necessary.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.language.urdu.poetry/c/RSWxzSHPpsk (My Very First ALUP Post)

Naseer

Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2

<s6haqk$fk7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=877&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#877

From: me_af...@privacy.net (Afzal A. Khan)
Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:21:38 -0500
 by: Afzal A. Khan - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 16:21 UTC

On 4/30/2021 9:31 AM, Naseer wrote:

> dostaan-i-giraamii,
>
> As "ghar aayaa hamaaraa pardesii", that is to say Dinesh Shenoy SaaHib has returned to ALUP after such a long "banbaas", I would like to take this opportunity and add him to the list of "luminaries" who have made "ALUP-nagar" their home! I believe Dinesh SaaHib came to this nagrii around 1999. Perhaps he would be kind enough to make a response in this thread and then I shall make a correction, if necessary.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.language.urdu.poetry/c/RSWxzSHPpsk (My Very First ALUP Post)
>
> Naseer

Mukarramee,

As you know, I cannot access old threads on my browser.

However, I think you had (previously) posted a more or
less complete list of all participants in our Newsgroup,
including a great many who no longer grace our NG.

****************

Is munaasibat se maiN aap ki KHidmat-e-'aali men ek
filmi gaane ka Havaala dene ki jur'at kar raha hooN.

****************

In 1968, a film was released in India. Its title was
"Saathi". It starred Vyjayanthimala and Rajendra Kumar.
Music was provided by Naestro Naushad Ali Saheb.

Arguably, it was the last movie for which Naushad had
composed the music. To be sure, there was a further
movie later on, starring Govinda, but its songs were
a sort of re-hash of his original songs that had figured
in his previous movies.

****************

"Saathi" had a song based on the classical raag Bhairavi :

MaiN to pyaar se tere piya maaNg sajaauNgi
Tere aNg'na yeh saari 'umariya bitaauNgi

****************

But the film had another song which wold seem quite appropriate
for our purpose --- that is, about those ALUPers who have since
bid "al'vida'" to our NG. :

Jo chala gaya, use bhool ja
Woh na sun sakega tiri sada

Yeh Hayaat to maut ki hai Dagar
Koi KHaak men, koi KHaak par

Yehi jaan le, woh koi na tha
Woh GHubaar tha, tira hum'safar

Use door le ke gayee hawa
Use bhool ja, use bhool ja

Koi iltija, koi baNdagi
Na qaza se haath chhuRa saki

Kiye aad'mi ne baRe jatan
Magar us ke kaam na aa saki

Na koi du'aa, na koi dawa
Jo chala gaya use bhool ja

Hai mujhe bhi GHam kisi yaar ka
Ke looTa nagar mire pyaar ka

Huwa dar~ba'dar maiN to is qadar
Na KHizaaN ka hooN na bahaar ka

Mujhe dekh le mujhe kya mila
Jo chala gaya use bhool ja

Use bhool ja, use bhool ja

Lyrics were penned by MajrooH Sultanpuri.

****************

Afzal

Re: Past and Present Participants of ALUP 2

<29ec9a46-cce2-4322-9620-8777523dec61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=886&group=alt.language.urdu.poetry#886

Newsgroups: alt.language.urdu.poetry
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: qures...@gmail.com (Naseer)
 by: Naseer - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 21:42 UTC

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 17:21:42 UTC+1, Afzal A. Khan wrote:
> On 4/30/2021 9:31 AM, Naseer wrote:
>

> > dostaan-i-giraamii,
> >
> > As "ghar aayaa hamaaraa pardesii", that is to say Dinesh Shenoy SaaHib has returned to ALUP after such a long "banbaas", I would like to take this opportunity and add him to the list of "luminaries" who have made "ALUP-nagar" their home! I believe Dinesh SaaHib came to this nagrii around 1999. Perhaps he would be kind enough to make a response in this thread and then I shall make a correction, if necessary.
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.language.urdu.poetry/c/RSWxzSHPpsk (My Very First ALUP Post)
> >
> > Naseer
> Mukarramee,
>
> As you know, I cannot access old threads on my browser.
>
> However, I think you had (previously) posted a more or
> less complete list of all participants in our Newsgroup,
> including a great many who no longer grace our NG.
>

> ****************
>

> Is munaasibat se maiN aap ki KHidmat-e-'aali men ek
> filmi gaane ka Havaala dene ki jur'at kar raha hooN.
>

> ****************
>
> In 1968, a film was released in India. Its title was
> "Saathi". It starred Vyjayanthimala and Rajendra Kumar.
> Music was provided by Naestro Naushad Ali Saheb.
>
> Arguably, it was the last movie for which Naushad had
> composed the music. To be sure, there was a further
> movie later on, starring Govinda, but its songs were
> a sort of re-hash of his original songs that had figured
> in his previous movies.
>

> ****************
>
> "Saathi" had a song based on the classical raag Bhairavi :
>
> MaiN to pyaar se tere piya maaNg sajaauNgi
> Tere aNg'na yeh saari 'umariya bitaauNgi
>

> ****************
>
> But the film had another song which wold seem quite appropriate
> for our purpose --- that is, about those ALUPers who have since
> bid "al'vida'" to our NG. :
>

> Jo chala gaya, use bhool ja
> Woh na sun sakega tiri sada
>
> Yeh Hayaat to maut ki hai Dagar
> Koi KHaak men, koi KHaak par
>
> Yehi jaan le, woh koi na tha
> Woh GHubaar tha, tira hum'safar
>
> Use door le ke gayee hawa
> Use bhool ja, use bhool ja
>

> Koi iltija, koi baNdagi
> Na qaza se haath chhuRa saki
>
> Kiye aad'mi ne baRe jatan
> Magar us ke kaam na aa saki
>
> Na koi du'aa, na koi dawa
> Jo chala gaya use bhool ja
>
> Hai mujhe bhi GHam kisi yaar ka
> Ke looTa nagar mire pyaar ka
>
> Huwa dar~ba'dar maiN to is qadar
> Na KHizaaN ka hooN na bahaar ka
>
> Mujhe dekh le mujhe kya mila
> Jo chala gaya use bhool ja
>
> Use bhool ja, use bhool ja
>

> Lyrics were penned by MajrooH Sultanpuri.

> Afzal

Afzal SaaHib,

ham bhuul sake haiN nah tujhe bhuul sakeN ge
tuu yaad rahe gaa hameN, haaN yaad rahe gaa

Ibn-i-Insha

Naseer