From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:55:26 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:55 UTC

"Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American
https://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel-Survivalist-American/dp/0142181277/

Book number one of an eleven book apocalyptic fantasy series. I reread
the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by Plume
(Penguin) in 2013 that I bought new on Amazon. This is about the fifth
or sixth time that I have read this book. I have purchased and read all
of the first ten books in the series. I have also purchased the
eleventh book in the series too. However, these apocalypse books seem
to auger in after a while.

The author has a prepper guy walking home from Tallahassee to Orlando in
Florida after a USA wide EMP event. He travels mostly by foot over 250+
miles with a 60 pound backpack of goodies that he had in his car (food,
water, cheap night vision goggles, sleeping bag, poncho, tarp, small
stove, two guns and ammo). A couple of other people join him for part
of the journey home.

He uses his SweetWater filter to get drinkable water for him and his
companions since he only started his trip with two gallons of water and
a half dozen MREs. Basically, the author feels that a lot of people
will lose their inhibitions when all the conveniences of modern society
go away as the prepper dude has to kill three people in the first 50 miles.

The author has a website where people talk about his book and prepping
in general. Lots of discussions about what to take on the road with you
if you have to walk home from somewhere.
http://angeryamerican.net/

My rating: 6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (4,990 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American

<4acc782c-448b-4264-a49f-eaa56b68c561n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=89673&group=rec.arts.sf.written#89673

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 17:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: petert...@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 00:37 UTC

On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 4:55:32 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel-Survivalist-American/dp/0142181277/
>
> Book number one of an eleven book apocalyptic fantasy series. I reread
> the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by Plume
> (Penguin) in 2013 that I bought new on Amazon. This is about the fifth
> or sixth time that I have read this book. I have purchased and read all
> of the first ten books in the series. I have also purchased the
> eleventh book in the series too. However, these apocalypse books seem
> to auger in after a while.
>
> The author has a prepper guy walking home from Tallahassee to Orlando in
> Florida after a USA wide EMP event. He travels mostly by foot over 250+
> miles with a 60 pound backpack of goodies that he had in his car (food,
> water, cheap night vision goggles, sleeping bag, poncho, tarp, small
> stove, two guns and ammo). A couple of other people join him for part
> of the journey home.
>
> He uses his SweetWater filter to get drinkable water for him and his
> companions since he only started his trip with two gallons of water and
> a half dozen MREs. Basically, the author feels that a lot of people
> will lose their inhibitions when all the conveniences of modern society
> go away as the prepper dude has to kill three people in the first 50 miles.
>
> The author has a website where people talk about his book and prepping
> in general. Lots of discussions about what to take on the road with you
> if you have to walk home from somewhere.
> http://angeryamerican.net/
>
> My rating: 6 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (4,990 reviews)

Are there relief missions from Europe? What happened to Canada and Mexico?
Are Russia or China engaged in followups?

If not, is it explained why?

Pt

Re: "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American

<u7qk1i$36lek$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=89674&group=rec.arts.sf.written#89674

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 20:31:27 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 01:31 UTC

On 7/1/2023 7:37 PM, pete...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 4:55:32 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel-Survivalist-American/dp/0142181277/
>>
>> Book number one of an eleven book apocalyptic fantasy series. I reread
>> the well printed and well bound trade paperback published by Plume
>> (Penguin) in 2013 that I bought new on Amazon. This is about the fifth
>> or sixth time that I have read this book. I have purchased and read all
>> of the first ten books in the series. I have also purchased the
>> eleventh book in the series too. However, these apocalypse books seem
>> to auger in after a while.
>>
>> The author has a prepper guy walking home from Tallahassee to Orlando in
>> Florida after a USA wide EMP event. He travels mostly by foot over 250+
>> miles with a 60 pound backpack of goodies that he had in his car (food,
>> water, cheap night vision goggles, sleeping bag, poncho, tarp, small
>> stove, two guns and ammo). A couple of other people join him for part
>> of the journey home.
>>
>> He uses his SweetWater filter to get drinkable water for him and his
>> companions since he only started his trip with two gallons of water and
>> a half dozen MREs. Basically, the author feels that a lot of people
>> will lose their inhibitions when all the conveniences of modern society
>> go away as the prepper dude has to kill three people in the first 50 miles.
>>
>> The author has a website where people talk about his book and prepping
>> in general. Lots of discussions about what to take on the road with you
>> if you have to walk home from somewhere.
>> http://angeryamerican.net/
>>
>> My rating: 6 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (4,990 reviews)
>
> Are there relief missions from Europe? What happened to Canada and Mexico?
> Are Russia or China engaged in followups?
>
> If not, is it explained why?
>
> Pt

There are 11 books in the series, I have read ten of them. The first
ten books end up about a year after the initial event.

Russia established a base in southern Florida and was fighting it out
with the USA military until the USA military nuked the Russian base.

The USA President was killed along with the VP and most of Congress with
a big nuke in DC. The DHS secretary is in charge of the USA but the USA
military is not taking his orders. Do you know what a False Flag event
is ? This was not a military coup.

China has established a base near San Diego. I don't remember what the
status is. I would venture that the USA military has or is getting
ready to nuke the Chinese base.

The Europeans are trying to send food but the USA seaports are hopeless
without electric power since they converted all of the sea port cranes
from diesel to electric power a couple of decades ago.

Canada and Mexico got a piece of the three EMPs over the USA also. They
are in a world of hurt also.

The USA military EMP protection worked. But they are ignoring the DHS
secretary as they suspect him of the three EMPs and the nuke in DC as a
coup attempt. The DHS secretary actively invited the Russians to the
USA but the USA military took them out. Otherwise the USA military
retreated to their bases but they are having a serious problem with
soldiers going AWOL to their families. They are starting to feed the
people around the military bases but less than a million people cannot
take care of 300+ million people.

The USA has plenty of food but no transportation, processing, or
distribution. An EMP will destroy all of these systems that run on a
just in time basis.

Lynn

Re: "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American

<f836ec62-427b-4fea-90e6-e90e23978e82n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=89678&group=rec.arts.sf.written#89678

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 07:40:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: petert...@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:40 UTC

On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 9:31:36 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> [...]
> from diesel to electric power a couple of decades ago.
>
> Canada and Mexico got a piece of the three EMPs over the USA also. They
> are in a world of hurt also.
>
> The USA military EMP protection worked. But they are ignoring the DHS
> secretary as they suspect him of the three EMPs and the nuke in DC as a
> coup attempt. The DHS secretary actively invited the Russians to the
> USA but the USA military took them out. Otherwise the USA military
> retreated to their bases but they are having a serious problem with
> soldiers going AWOL to their families. They are starting to feed the
> people around the military bases but less than a million people cannot
> take care of 300+ million people.
>
> The USA has plenty of food but no transportation, processing, or
> distribution. An EMP will destroy all of these systems that run on a

Thanks! So many of the early EMP survivalist genre seemed to ignore
the continued existence of the rest of the world.

Pt

Re: "Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series)" by Angery American

<u7sa1h$3c4kl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=89682&group=rec.arts.sf.written#89682

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 09:53:06 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 16:53 UTC

On 7/2/2023 7:40 AM, pete...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 9:31:36 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> Are there relief missions from Europe? What happened to Canada and Mexico?
>>> Are Russia or China engaged in followups?
>>>
>>> If not, is it explained why?
>>>
>>> Pt
>> There are 11 books in the series, I have read ten of them. The first
>> ten books end up about a year after the initial event.
>>
>> Russia established a base in southern Florida and was fighting it out
>> with the USA military until the USA military nuked the Russian base.
>>
>> The USA President was killed along with the VP and most of Congress with
>> a big nuke in DC. The DHS secretary is in charge of the USA but the USA
>> military is not taking his orders. Do you know what a False Flag event
>> is ? This was not a military coup.
>>
>> China has established a base near San Diego. I don't remember what the
>> status is. I would venture that the USA military has or is getting
>> ready to nuke the Chinese base.
>>
>> The Europeans are trying to send food but the USA seaports are hopeless
>> without electric power since they converted all of the sea port cranes
>> from diesel to electric power a couple of decades ago.
>>
>> Canada and Mexico got a piece of the three EMPs over the USA also. They
>> are in a world of hurt also.
>>
>> The USA military EMP protection worked. But they are ignoring the DHS
>> secretary as they suspect him of the three EMPs and the nuke in DC as a
>> coup attempt. The DHS secretary actively invited the Russians to the
>> USA but the USA military took them out. Otherwise the USA military
>> retreated to their bases but they are having a serious problem with
>> soldiers going AWOL to their families. They are starting to feed the
>> people around the military bases but less than a million people cannot
>> take care of 300+ million people.
>>
>> The USA has plenty of food but no transportation, processing, or
>> distribution. An EMP will destroy all of these systems that run on a
>> just in time basis.
>
> Thanks! So many of the early EMP survivalist genre seemed to ignore
> the continued existence of the rest of the world.

It does kind of spoil the "lone hero fixing and saving the whole world"
theme when the rest of the world is trying to help. ;)

dirty old man.