From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "A Message from ConSec" by Cedar Sanderson
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 14:22:04 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 19:22 UTC

"A Message from ConSec" by Cedar Sanderson
https://thelawdogfiles.com/2023/08/a-message-from-consec.html

Some excerpts... Lots of pictures.

"Cedar’s notes: at the very beginning of the madness, when Lockdown
Fever started to set in, there was an online convention. Our very own
Lawdog, aided and abetted by Old NFO, became the con security detail.
What follows are some of the more, ah, memorable messages and memos they
had to issue for the multi-dimensional convention of geeks from around
the galaxy and even further. While compiling this for posterity, I’ve
also illustrated some of them, with the assistance of my loyal AI, Midge."

"Message from Con Security (Lawdog): Please stay off the mezzanine for a
bit. The alpacas and the sheep raided the armory of the 501st, and are
currently reenacting ‘Romeo and Juliet’ up there."

"Jim Aepilot, please drop by Con Security regarding someone switching
out the 501st replica blasters for the real thing."

"We’d like to recognize Kevin the Intern for his brilliant, yet
unorthodox tactic of “Shrieking Incoherently and Throwing Baby
Shoggoths”. Took care of things rather quickly."

"Message from Con Security (JL): The military pass in review will take
place at 1800 in the main parking lot. All units are requested to be in
place NLT 1745. UNLOADED weapons are permitted. Lineup will be
Manticore, Romulans, 4HU and their aliens, Ewoks?, Marines, Klingons,
Army, Rebels, Navy, 501st, and the various air units last since none of
them know how to march and they will probably get lost since they won’t
have their navaids…"

Hat tip to:
https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2023/08/gigglesnort.html

Lynn

Re: "A Message from ConSec" by Cedar Sanderson

<uaunjj$3jtbc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=90753&group=rec.arts.sf.written#90753

From: morr...@epsilon3.comcon (Jay E. Morris)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "A Message from ConSec" by Cedar Sanderson
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 19:45:37 -0500
 by: Jay E. Morris - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 00:45 UTC

On 8/8/2023 2:22 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "A Message from ConSec" by Cedar Sanderson
>   https://thelawdogfiles.com/2023/08/a-message-from-consec.html
>
> Some excerpts... Lots of pictures.
>
> "Cedar’s notes: at the very beginning of the madness, when Lockdown
> Fever started to set in, there was an online convention. Our very own
> Lawdog, aided and abetted by Old NFO, became the con security detail.
> What follows are some of the more, ah, memorable messages and memos they
> had to issue for the multi-dimensional convention of geeks from around
> the galaxy and even further. While compiling this for posterity, I’ve
> also illustrated some of them, with the assistance of my loyal AI, Midge."
>
> "Message from Con Security (Lawdog): Please stay off the mezzanine for a
> bit. The alpacas and the sheep raided the armory of the 501st, and are
> currently reenacting ‘Romeo and Juliet’ up there."
>
> "Jim Aepilot, please drop by Con Security regarding someone switching
> out the 501st replica blasters for the real thing."
>
> "We’d like to recognize Kevin the Intern for his brilliant, yet
> unorthodox tactic of “Shrieking Incoherently and Throwing Baby
> Shoggoths”. Took care of things rather quickly."
>
> "Message from Con Security (JL): The military pass in review will take
> place at 1800 in the main parking lot. All units are requested to be in
> place NLT 1745. UNLOADED weapons are permitted. Lineup will be
> Manticore, Romulans, 4HU and their aliens, Ewoks?, Marines, Klingons,
> Army, Rebels, Navy, 501st, and the various air units last since none of
> them know how to march and they will probably get lost since they won’t
> have their navaids…"
>
> Hat tip to:
>    https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2023/08/gigglesnort.html
>
> Lynn
I hurt from laughing.

Message from Con Security (JL): Pestilence is requesting that y’all
stop feeding Fluffy. He’s getting too fat to fly. And War requests that
parents stop letting kids ride Snookums, he won’t breathe fire on the
kids and he ‘needs’ to vent out of one end or the other.