Slow day. Practice crawling.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

SubjectAuthor
* (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market PaperbackJames Nicoll
`* Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market PaperbackRobert Woodward
 +* Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperbackted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
 |`- Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass MarketMichael F. Stemper
 `* Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market PaperbackThe Horny Goat
  `- Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market PaperbackDorothy J Heydt

1
(tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<uf6lru$q5t$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92065&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92065

From: jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:10:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:10 UTC

Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

In praise of the humble but enduring paperback book.

https://www.tor.com/2023/09/29/five-enduring-reasons-to-love-the-mass-market-paperback/

Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<robertaw-F7A795.10043029092023@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92077&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92077

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:04:30 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:04 UTC

In article <uf6lru$q5t$1@reader2.panix.com>,
jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:

> Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback
>
> In praise of the humble but enduring paperback book.
>
> https://www.tor.com/2023/09/29/five-enduring-reasons-to-love-the-mass-market-p
> aperback/

I have walls of mass market paperbacks too; I still have paperbacks I
bought around 1963-1964. I even have a few Lancer titles that don't have
loose pages.

�-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<knogctFsgbjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92078&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92078

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 29 Sep 2023 17:38:37 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:38 UTC

In article <robertaw-F7A795.10043029092023@news.individual.net>,
Robert Woodward <robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:
>In article <uf6lru$q5t$1@reader2.panix.com>,
> jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:
>
>> Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback
>>
>> In praise of the humble but enduring paperback book.
>>
>> https://www.tor.com/2023/09/29/five-enduring-reasons-to-love-the-mass-market-p
>> aperback/
>
>I have walls of mass market paperbacks too; I still have paperbacks I
>bought around 1963-1964. I even have a few Lancer titles that don't have
>loose pages.

Sounds like counterfeits!
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<uf998q$tfdd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92094&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92094

From: michael....@gmail.com (Michael F. Stemper)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market
Paperback
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:53:30 -0500
 by: Michael F. Stemper - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:53 UTC

On 29/09/2023 12.38, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <robertaw-F7A795.10043029092023@news.individual.net>,
> Robert Woodward <robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:

>> I have walls of mass market paperbacks too; I still have paperbacks I
>> bought around 1963-1964. I even have a few Lancer titles that don't have
>> loose pages.
>>

> Sounds like counterfeits!

Nah, just poor quality control. After all, ISO-9000 only requires that your
processes be consistent.

--
Michael F. Stemper
This post contains greater than 95% post-consumer bytes by weight.

Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<7tophi10nrpc129faec679vdgrgu9nonvt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92177&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92177

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 21:04:09 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 04:04 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:04:30 -0700, Robert Woodward
<robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:

>I have walls of mass market paperbacks too; I still have paperbacks I
>bought around 1963-1964. I even have a few Lancer titles that don't have
>loose pages.

Ditto though my main library area was on both sides of the room the
other side being my late wife's who had nearly as many as me. Which
she then moved her crafting table in front of almost entirely cutting
off access..... and regretably leaving us (and me in particular) with
the duty of clearing the area and deciding what to do with her
library. 18 months later I haven't started yet..... (after she filled
the area in front of her shelves she started on the area in front of
MY shelves which is my main effort at the moment!)

Re: (tor dot com) Five Enduring Reasons to Love the Mass Market Paperback

<s1zLDD.qHu@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92178&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92178

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 04:20:01 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 04:20 UTC

In article <7tophi10nrpc129faec679vdgrgu9nonvt@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:04:30 -0700, Robert Woodward
><robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:
>
>>I have walls of mass market paperbacks too; I still have paperbacks I
>>bought around 1963-1964. I even have a few Lancer titles that don't have
>>loose pages.
>
>Ditto though my main library area was on both sides of the room the
>other side being my late wife's who had nearly as many as me. Which
>she then moved her crafting table in front of almost entirely cutting
>off access..... and regretably leaving us (and me in particular) with
>the duty of clearing the area and deciding what to do with her
>library. 18 months later I haven't started yet..... (after she filled
>the area in front of her shelves she started on the area in front of
>MY shelves which is my main effort at the moment!)

[Hal Heydt]
My condolences. I'm 3 months behind you...