From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 18:47:13 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 23:47 UTC

"Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews
https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Sweep-Innkeeper-Chronicles-Andrews/dp/1494388588/

Book number one of a six book paranormal fantasy romance series. I read
the well printed and well bound POD (print on demand) illustrated
(kinda) trade paperback published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing
Platform in 2013 that I bought new on Amazon recently. I have ordered
books two and three in the series. Note that “Ilona Andrews” is the
pseudonym for a husband and wife writing team.

Dina Demille is an innkeeper in Red Deer, Texas. Only her Victorian inn
is not like a typical bed and breakfast, it is an intelligent magical
haven for aliens coming to Earth or using Earth as a way station. Dina
does have a permanent guest, a retired Galactic aristocrat who is hiding
from several bounty hunters, she paid for a permanent room and board.

Dina does have a busybody neighbor who happens to be an alpha werewolf,
Sean Evans. He has marked the entire neighborhood for any visitors,
including the inn's trees, enraging Dina's Shih-Tzu, Beast.

The authors have a website at:
http: //www.ilona-andrews.com

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (12,291 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews

<uf5t9i$5hl0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92061&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92061

From: defaultu...@yahoo.com (Default User)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:10:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Default User - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:10 UTC

Lynn McGuire wrote:

>"Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews

>Dina Demille is an innkeeper in Red Deer, Texas. Only her Victorian
>inn is not like a typical bed and breakfast, it is an intelligent
>magical haven for aliens coming to Earth or using Earth as a way
>station. Dina does have a permanent guest, a retired Galactic
>aristocrat who is hiding from several bounty hunters, she paid for a
>permanent room and board.

I don't recall if it's mentioned in the first book, but there are a
number of Inns on Earth. That's because this planet has been designated
as Neutral Ground for the various Galatic races, many of whom don't get
along. That's why Caldenia is safe within the confines of Gertrude
Hunt. The Inn has powerful weapons to protect itself and guests.

Brian

Re: "Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews

<ufcqvo$2hfmo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92122&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92122

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:14:16 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 22:14 UTC

On 9/29/2023 2:10 AM, Default User wrote:
> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>> "Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews
>
>> Dina Demille is an innkeeper in Red Deer, Texas. Only her Victorian
>> inn is not like a typical bed and breakfast, it is an intelligent
>> magical haven for aliens coming to Earth or using Earth as a way
>> station. Dina does have a permanent guest, a retired Galactic
>> aristocrat who is hiding from several bounty hunters, she paid for a
>> permanent room and board.
>
> I don't recall if it's mentioned in the first book, but there are a
> number of Inns on Earth. That's because this planet has been designated
> as Neutral Ground for the various Galatic races, many of whom don't get
> along. That's why Caldenia is safe within the confines of Gertrude
> Hunt. The Inn has powerful weapons to protect itself and guests.
>

> Brian

Yes. But the bounty hunters are still chasing Caldenia for the massive
bounty and have taken on the Gertrude Hunt Inn to their dismay.

Lynn