From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Sweep In Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:00:46 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 21:00 UTC

"Sweep In Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles)" by Ilona Andrews
https://www.amazon.com/Sweep-Peace-Innkeeper-Chronicles-2/dp/1518741282/

Book number two of a six book paranormal fantasy romance science fiction
series. I read the well printed and well bound POD (print on demand)
illustrated (kinda) trade paperback published by CreateSpace Independent
Publishing Platform in 2015 that I bought new on Amazon recently. I am
now reading book three in the series. Note that “Ilona Andrews” is the
pseudonym for a husband and wife writing team. And yes, this is science
fiction, there are spaceships, teleportation devices, and beam weapons.

Dina Demille is an innkeeper in Red Deer, Texas. Only her Victorian inn
is not like a typical bed and breakfast, it is an intelligent magical
haven named Gertrude Hunt for aliens coming to Earth or using Earth as a
way station. Dina does have a permanent guest, a retired Galactic
aristocrat named Caldenia who is hiding from several bounty hunters, she
paid for a permanent room and board.

There are many inns like the Gertrude Hunt on Earth, that is because
Earth has been designated as Neutral Ground for the various Galactic
races, many of whom don't get along. That's why Caldenia is safe within
the confines of Gertrude Hunt, the inn has many powerful weapons to
protect itself and guests. Several of the bounty hunters are still
chasing Caldenia for the massive bounty and have taken on the Gertrude
Hunt Inn to their dismay.

Dina has accepted a request from the Galactic Board of Arbitration to
conduct an arbitration for the planet Nexus for three groups of people
using the planet. Several other inns on Earth have denied the request.
The Holy Anocracy (represented by House Krahr, space vampires), the
Hope-Crushing Horde, and the merchants of Baha-char are all ready to
kill each other on sight but have agreed to an arbitration to solve
their issues. For now.

BTW, the lead arbitrator is George Caramine from the previous four book
Edge series by the authors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0441017800

The authors have a website at:
https://www.ilona-andrews.com

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (12,694 reviews)

Lynn