Nothing is so often irretrievably missed as a daily opportunity. -- Ebner-Eschenbach

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

SubjectAuthor
* "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. ForstchenLynn McGuire
+* Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. ForstchenTed Nolan
|+- Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. ForstchenLynn McGuire
|`* Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. ForstchenLynn McGuire
| `- Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchented@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
`- Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. ForstchenLynn McGuire

1
"48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<s9e2ll$i91$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=54469&group=rec.arts.sf.written#54469

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:32:49 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 20:32 UTC

"48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/

A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
(Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
will purchase and read them.

So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
severe life threatening results.

My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<ihvho7Fqer5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=54470&group=rec.arts.sf.written#54470

From: ted...@warbird.lan (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
Date: 4 Jun 2021 20:45:59 GMT
Originator: ted@warbird.lan (Ted Nolan)
 by: Ted Nolan - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 20:45 UTC

In article <s9e2ll$i91$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>"48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
> https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/
>
>A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
>read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
>(Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
>will purchase and read them.
>
>So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
>ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
>except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
>level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
>again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
>react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
> The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
>severe life threatening results.
>
>My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
>Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)
>
>Lynn

What I would really like is for him to finish his Lost Regiment series.

Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<s9e4ej$see$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=54473&group=rec.arts.sf.written#54473

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 16:03:14 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:03 UTC

On 6/4/2021 3:45 PM, Ted Nolan wrote:
> In article <s9e2ll$i91$1@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
>> https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/
>>
>> A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
>> read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
>> (Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
>> will purchase and read them.
>>
>> So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
>> ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
>> except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
>> level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
>> again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
>> react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
>> The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
>> severe life threatening results.
>>
>> My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)
>>
>> Lynn
>
> What I would really like is for him to finish his Lost Regiment series.

I would like to be able to buy the Lost Regiment series in new books
instead of old dog eared books selling for $50 each.

BTW, he wrote an essay at the end of the book as to his current writing
philosophy. Very interesting. Apparently he made a boatload of money
from the One Second After series.

Lynn

Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<b5ad3643-cdda-4ff2-a598-a63646ce2859n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92353&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92353

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 14:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: lmc...@winsim.com (Lynn McGuire)
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 21:43 UTC

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 3:33:01 PM UTC-5, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
> https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/
>
> A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
> read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
> (Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
> will purchase and read them.
>
> So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
> ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
> except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
> level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
> again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
> react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
> The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
> severe life threatening results.
>
> My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)
>
> Lynn

Yup, this a Carrington Event book.

Lynn

Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<ug757g$22609$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92355&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92355

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:48:32 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 21:48 UTC

On 6/4/2021 3:45 PM, Ted Nolan wrote:
> In article <s9e2ll$i91$1@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
>> https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/
>>
>> A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
>> read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
>> (Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
>> will purchase and read them.
>>
>> So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
>> ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
>> except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
>> level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
>> again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
>> react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
>> The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
>> severe life threatening results.
>>
>> My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
>> Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)
>>
>> Lynn
>
> What I would really like is for him to finish his Lost Regiment series.

Pay him big bucks !

Lynn

Re: "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen

<koojo5Fe743U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92357&group=rec.arts.sf.written#92357

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 11 Oct 2023 21:52:05 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 21:52 UTC

In article <ug757g$22609$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 6/4/2021 3:45 PM, Ted Nolan wrote:
>> In article <s9e2ll$i91$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "48 Hours: A Novel" by William R. Forstchen
>>> https://www.amazon.com/48-Hours-William-R-Forstchen/dp/0765397935/
>>>
>>> A solitary science fiction apocalyptic book, no prequels, no sequels. I
>>> read the well printed and well bound MMPB published by Forge Fiction
>>> (Macmillan) in 2020. If there are any more books in the series then I
>>> will purchase and read them.
>>>
>>> So how would our society react to a level five CME (coronal mass
>>> ejection) event ? Level five is the same level as the hurricane levels,
>>> except that the entire planet is affected. And then two months later, a
>>> level six CME occurs, and the Earth is positioned to catch the CME event
>>> again. How will our various governments react ? How will the people
>>> react ? And how will our machinery and computers survive these events ?
>>> The author takes a deep look into this rare but possible scenario with
>>> severe life threatening results.
>>>
>>> My rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
>>> Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (663 reviews)
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>> What I would really like is for him to finish his Lost Regiment series.
>
>Pay him big bucks !
>
>Lynn

Well, yeah, but that's not gonna happen, so I guess it will remain cliff-hung.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..