Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 03:56:50 -0800 (PST)
<bf60fa42-d434-4369-ac18-0cba96760602@googlegroups.com> <33f30365-a9f6-410d-962e-c8bc35dd1717@googlegroups.com>
<eeae0eb6-e00a-4c8c-85c3-8488f17b3a23@googlegroups.com> <c7ac270b-05dc-4389-93cd-46260bc71daf@googlegroups.com>
<7a072a91-85e3-4db1-a8c5-8f491930a60d@googlegroups.com> <0ee968ee-77ba-46a0-b531-2df6660a5e3d@googlegroups.com>
<e74d2b76-f826-41ec-9745-59f075b9be24@googlegroups.com> <4ab04bf8-2a84-4f71-b117-a4e7329e1a35@googlegroups.com>
<1197c574-f7d1-4c87-9601-89a7c19eedef@googlegroups.com> <92d0a0e2-de1f-4723-8104-9970033a0c73@googlegroups.com>
<83d5dea5-5bdd-4e37-b465-8dfa035f2660@googlegroups.com> <e36ac1c2-b195-42ab-8e02-f191e1423872@googlegroups.com>
<7e92745f-2c11-4951-9f03-9180fb18f3b3@googlegroups.com> <c62bc24c-82e5-4c1a-9d5a-7345c42f4ba9@googlegroups.com>
<0c07fbcf-d0a6-4d0a-987e-ef9e837373b9@googlegroups.com> <d9cbda8e-844d-4c07-82e0-9724fd053255@googlegroups.com>
<337ffabf-76ba-4b09-82c9-a37bd38c1d08@googlegroups.com> <f63e3972-da78-485a-91fa-70964e021dbc@googlegroups.com>
<39dd200d-ea51-41fe-920e-7f4db2b77929@googlegroups.com> <7e2fc9e6-d6f4-4c0e-8533-40697af3db20@googlegroups.com>
<697cec5e-dd56-4c7f-a0dc-7c89518d971f@googlegroups.com> <8a18fa35-6621-43ad-9119-8150332fac7a@googlegroups.com>
<87ad25c0-e391-45af-bea5-6dc2bf865875@googlegroups.com> <194d4ed4-adb8-45be-b933-a29290517c11@googlegroups.com>
<060f1467-1312-4a90-ad36-0b24fa9613f9n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: More Family Circus recycling
From: cincy43...@yahoo.com (Brian Henke)
 by: Brian Henke - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:56 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 12:46:38 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well for the second time in a couple of days, Lazy Jeffy has used a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.
> The first appearance of the gag occurred on March 27, 1995.
>
> Then the gag was first recycled on November 2, 2017 with Dolly's caption changed to:
>
> "We have to be quiet in church, in libraries, and when Daddy's team is losing"
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/120282746/tampa-bay-times/
>
> Seriously when will papers realize that Lazy Jeffy is fresh out of new ideas?!?! When will newspapers drop this strip the same way they got rid of Dilbert?

As for March 27, 1995, the Post (35 cents) told us about how e-mail works. The Academy Awards were going to be held that night on Channel 12, and guess who was going to host? David Letterman! "Oprah, Uma. Uma, Oprah". For years Dave made fun of it on his show. The men's Final Four was previewed with UCLA facing Oklahoma State and Arkansas taking on North Carolina. In the Post comics, Susie Derkins was in Calvin's house. He told Hobbes that she was doing her homework. When Hobbes wanted to know why she was doing it before her bedtime, Calvin noted that she had to practice the piano when she get home. Hobbes then responded, "Wow, it's like science fiction or something." Calvin then retorted, "'The Gender From Outer Space!"

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio